the time has come - botkier bianca advice needed

amanda said:
ok girls, i've needed a black bag for approximately forever, and i really love this one, even though i know that some people think it has boobs :Push:. actually, that was my initial reaction too, but i saw the large in person and the size is great for both shoulder and elbow wear, the leather is so soft and slouchy, and the whole construction of the bag was just beautiful.

so hey, maybe i shouldn't fault it for having boobs, i have them too (actually, the boobs don't bother me, i just thought it was funny). i was also considering the MJ Elise in black patent, but i really think the botkier is more my style (plus it's only half the price of the MJ since active endeavors has a 20% off coupon and free shipping, making the bag approximately $550).

i was getting dressed to go to dinner tonight in a jean skirt, white tank top, and thin black sweater and i went to choose my bag and thought 'i need that botkier. it would be perfect.' i've been thinking about it since i saw it IRL last week, and i love it, but is it a good choice? i would really like to decide and either order or not order before i go to bed tonight...

thanks in advance girls, i really appreciate the help!

I think what I highlighted answers your questions. :biggrin:

I saw it at NM a few weeks back, I think it is a nice bag. It looks even better irl than in the pics!

Besides....AE has free shipping, and free return shipping. How could you go wrong?
GO. GET. IT. :P

I may be too late in throwing my two cents in, but I think you should get the bag! It sounds like you really like it, and despite what people may think, it sounds like a really nice bag IRL - plus, you can't beat the "steal" from AE with a bag from this season.

i'm so pathetic, i still haven't made a decision! i spent the good part of yesterday look at pics of the MJ elise and reading reviews and thinking about how much i like it when i saw it in stores...

i have no idea what i should do...

bellaandtyson said:
Amanda,
I just looked at them online again, and I love big bags, but the large looks a little silly on the girl in the pic... how did it look irl??? i don't know which to order???!!!!

the one in the pic looks HUGE but when you look at the measurements, it's not that much bigger than a paddy. they didn't look nearly that big in real life, i think they stuffed that one to the gills.

Ok, now that I know what this bag looks like--I say go for the MJ Elise over this bag. Unless you're looking for a trendier bag that you'll use for a year or two. I don't think this Botkier is a bag you'll pull out five years from now...

Hey Amanda,

Did you end up with the Botkier or the MJ? I just saw a photo today of Lindsay Lohan with a black Botkier Bianca, and it looked really cool. It also made me think of this thread, so I went back to find it and see if you made a decision. If you want to see photos of her -- it's on a lot of the celebrity gossip blogs.

i ordered the elise, got it like a week and a half ago, and returned it. i ordered the botkier today because at shoprapunzels.com you get 25% off with the code grechenexclusive and they had the large in stock! i'll post pics when it arrives! it should be only a few days, i got regular shipping but it's just coming from florida...

I actually really liked this bag from the first time it caught my eye. To me, it doesn't look more "boobish" than my other bags with two pockets (ie: Marc Jacobs). If you really like it, I say get it. I think what makes a bag look good is how a person wears it :smile: