The Story of My Bags

Feb 5, 2012
I have been drooling over your bags since the time I became a member. This inspired me to start my own, albeit small, collection and gave me courage to share them here. Glad to have bag sisters who share the fascination and love for beautiful bags. Every bag though has a story. And here is mine.

Reactions: BagLadyT
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1443942195.723689.jpg

I bought this in our first family trip to HongKong. I remember using this in Disneyland. Knowing it was new, My husband's cousin did a prank on me by sprinkling water on it while we were inside the boat in the attraction "It's a small world."

Last edited:
Reactions: Robicslady
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1443942410.936695.jpg

Some of my guilty pleasures include watching E! ,stalking stars on IG, FB, and other social media platform, and reading tabloids. I always see models and starlets carry this bag, and I liked how it slouched, thus it became my next-bag-to buy...What do you know, our local duty free shop carry this luxury brand..Givenchy nightingale:smile:

Reactions: pianolize
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1443942948.016067.jpg

LV's collaboration with Yayoi kusama intrigued me. I looked her up on google and accordingly, she was a precursor of the pop art, minimalist and feminist art movements, Kusama influenced contemporaries such as Andy Warhol and Claes Oldenburg. I need to have one of her design. I preferred the yellow but this red neverfull was the one and only stock remaining.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1443943324.673275.jpg

I got tired of carrying a laptop bag in one hand and my purse in the other. So my husband suggested I buy a bag that serves both. Hence, the Icare.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1443943455.512664.jpg

This burberry was from an outlet mall in HongKong. It was my first time to go on fieldwork assignment abroad so I said I need to buy a bag to remember this moment. Why not LV, you might ask. Because I fell out of love with LV..[emoji17]

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1443943674.524669.jpg

I had a long hiatus from LV and from other luxury bags. I cannot afford hermes yet. Chanel does not fit my lifestyle yet. I already have coach bags and other contemporary bags. Givenchy was no longer carried by our local duty free store. Other brands just didn't interest me yet. Then I got reassigned to another Department, the busiest and most loaded in my work place. And what do you know, I wanted to play harder after working hard. Thus, my love affair with LV was rekindled. In one month , I bought 3 LVs and 1 charm, as follows. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Last edited:
All such beautiful pieces! And you're absolutely right in saying every bag has a story. It truly is a blessing to be able to have a place to talk about our love of bags without feeling like you're being judged. Love this post and your collection!! [emoji5]️

Reactions: Cams