The Speedy Gonzales Club!

Hi all! I have a vintage Mono speedy 35. I am considering using a bandouliere strap with it to get a bit more versatility - I know there are differing opinions about using a strap with a regular speedy but I have seen mostly success stories. How many of you do this and has it caused any problems? I don’t know that I would wear in crossbody; my speedy b 30 DA I often prefer on the shoulder anyway. But sometimes I might. Also which strap do you think would be better? The MPA strap is quite pricey but I guess you get the coin pouch too...

Attachments

• 78AB5C96-D102-49FA-AA19-9778CF527C27.png
    78AB5C96-D102-49FA-AA19-9778CF527C27.png
    278 KB · Views: 14
  • 07710AB5-E307-4632-B607-FBD79B64B048.png
    07710AB5-E307-4632-B607-FBD79B64B048.png
    314.6 KB · Views: 15
Hi all! I have a vintage Mono speedy 35. I am considering using a bandouliere strap with it to get a bit more versatility - I know there are differing opinions about using a strap with a regular speedy but I have seen mostly success stories. How many of you do this and has it caused any problems? I don’t know that I would wear in crossbody; my speedy b 30 DA I often prefer on the shoulder anyway. But sometimes I might. Also which strap do you think would be better? The MPA strap is quite pricey but I guess you get the coin pouch too...
I invested in the XL mono shoulder strap in noir that I use with my speedy b 25 and b 30. I wouldn’t recommend it on the classic speedy, as you already know the opinions on it. But, if you attach the strap to opposite chaps (ie back left and front right) and rotate that every so often, if there is wear on it, the at least it will be on all the chaps not just two.

A few months ago I sold my speedy 30 DE. I told myself I would put the money towards a 30b. Well that didn't happen, I used the funds on another bag. I have a photo of my husband and myself on my nightstand with me wearing the DE 30. I look at that bag every night! The 30b's are sold out online and since Nov. is my birthday month I caved. I found a 30b DE made in France on Fashionphile. I really don't need another speedy, but I just love the pattern and style. So...DE will soon to be back in my collection!

A few months ago I sold my speedy 30 DE. I told myself I would put the money towards a 30b. Well that didn't happen, I used the funds on another bag. I have a photo of my husband and myself on my nightstand with me wearing the DE 30. I look at that bag every night! The 30b's are sold out online and since Nov. is my birthday month I caved. I found a 30b DE made in France on Fashionphile. I really don't need another speedy, but I just love the pattern and style. So...DE will soon to be back in my collection!
Awe! Love that this is back in your collection!

I just noticed that my speedy B30 is missing two teeth in the zipper! I was wondering why I was having issues zipping it. I have no idea how this happened or even when! I am going to head to the store today but I am a bit nervous because this is just such on odd thing to happen. Has anyone else encountered this? The bag is just over 5 months old and I use it everyday and take it everywhere - it's truly my workhorse and I love it so much!

Attachments

• PXL_20201115_124722762.jpg
    PXL_20201115_124722762.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: Venessa84
I have never seen this with my bags or on the forum. My guess is that if it is only 5 months old LV will at least offer a free repair. You may even get a new bag. LV zippers, in my experience, are usually the best. Don't be nervous when you go in the store. Just show them what has happened and let them decide and go from there. As a customer, you have every right to expect better quality. LV does have better after-the-sale care than most luxury retailers. Please let us know what happens at the store.

Reactions: MmeM124