The Speedy Gonzales Club!

Hello everyone!! I absolutely looooove Speedys - here’s my Speedy B 25 in Monogram :heart:

I do have a question for anyone that may have had the same thing happen to their bag. I purchased mine I want to say in March of 2019 and today I had a look at it after not wearing it for a few months and realized that the zipper is pretty tarnished. I would think that a luxury bag would be able to withstand any kind of darkening/tarnishing for a few years at least and not look like this after just one year. Has anyone taken their bags in to have this fixed before? Is there a home remedy for this? Likewise, my lock and keys have completely changed colour and are dull and dark looking. Has anyone been able to effectively clean theirs at home?

Attachments

• 940B98BF-A6CB-410B-88D9-AED2EE3F72AE.jpeg
    940B98BF-A6CB-410B-88D9-AED2EE3F72AE.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 333
  • 0DEC2A04-6F07-4AEB-9BA9-C5D0CB4E0F07.jpeg
    0DEC2A04-6F07-4AEB-9BA9-C5D0CB4E0F07.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 332
  • 8D87F4CC-DB26-4347-B585-206CA1F48BF5.jpeg
    8D87F4CC-DB26-4347-B585-206CA1F48BF5.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 335
  • 563AA04A-2798-4E9A-8C05-0ACF45E9A89A.jpeg
    563AA04A-2798-4E9A-8C05-0ACF45E9A89A.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 340
I purchased mine in early May 2019 and my zippers are fine...the lock looks awful. I read on the forum of people using Brasso cleaner for the lock. Not sure for zipper

Your lock is bad as well? How strange is that? I did wear my lock on the zipper pulls so I’m thinking perhaps that’s what caused the tarnish to a degree? But isn’t the whole point of the lock is to be able to lock your bag? If I knew it would damage my bag to this degree I would have never placed the lock on it. I messaged my Louis Vuitton SA to see what he has to say about this and if there’s anything that can be done :sad:

Your lock is bad as well? How strange is that? I did wear my lock on the zipper pulls so I’m thinking perhaps that’s what caused the tarnish to a degree? But isn’t the whole point of the lock is to be able to lock your bag? If I knew it would damage my bag to this degree I would have never placed the lock on it. I messaged my Louis Vuitton SA to see what he has to say about this and if there’s anything that can be done :sad:

i think I put the lock on 2-3 times on the bag because I read about the lock tarnishing. The weird thing is the (Silver) lock on my epi noir Alma BB is pristine. I’ve kept it on the bag to help with opening.

I believe the zippers and the lock are still brass and thats why they ‘oxidise’ over time. They will 100% shine up with Brasso and a q-tip.

Hey! Thanks for responding . I read online that the zipper is brass so I will definitely try to find some Brasso and give it a shot. My SA said to bring it in when they open up and they’ll take care of it but if I can avoid having to give my bag up for potentially several weeks I’d rather do it myself as carefully as possible

Reactions: Prettyinblush
How much of a nut am I and should I just got over wanting a Speedy 25B DE MIF? I don't anticipate traveling overseas anytime soon. I don't want to buy pre-loved. I don't want to face the inevitable price increase given there has been three since joining the LV fan club in 2019. Am I holding onto something not worth it? Has anyone been able to land a MIF bought in the states this year? Any feedback on quality differences between Speedy 25B MIU vs MIF?

Reactions: karmilan
How much of a nut am I and should I just got over wanting a Speedy 25B DE MIF? I don't anticipate traveling overseas anytime soon. I don't want to buy pre-loved. I don't want to face the inevitable price increase given there has been three since joining the LV fan club in 2019. Am I holding onto something not worth it? Has anyone been able to land a MIF bought in the states this year? Any feedback on quality differences between Speedy 25B MIU vs MIF?

I’m in the same boat as you right now. My monogram SpeedyB25 was made in the US so now I want my DE SpeedyB25 to be made in France just for variety’s sake. My Alma BB was made in France and I feel like, as weird as it sounds, it’s a little more special. Currently though my SA said they don’t have any DE’s that were made in France :sad: so come Monday I’m going to call other locations and see if they do.

I’m in the same boat as you right now. My monogram SpeedyB25 was made in the US so now I want my DE SpeedyB25 to be made in France just for variety’s sake. My Alma BB was made in France and I feel like, as weird as it sounds, it’s a little more special. Currently though my SA said they don’t have any DE’s that were made in France :sad: so come Monday I’m going to call other locations and see if they do.

Wholey smokes! We are literally in the SAME boat. My epi Alma is MIF and mono Speedy 25b is MIU. My CA said I’d have more much overseas. I’m going to pass by my local store tomorrow to see what is in stock. I know Alma BB DE can be MIF and I may be swayed to an Alma but will still list for a Speedy 25b.

Reactions: karmilan
Wholey smokes! We are literally in the SAME boat. My epi Alma is MIF and mono Speedy 25b is MIU. My CA said I’d have more much overseas. I’m going to pass by my local store tomorrow to see what is in stock. I know Alma BB DE can be MIF and I may be swayed to an Alma but will still list for a Speedy 25b.

Hah! What a coincidence ☺️. Where about are you located? I’m in Canada and stores are still closed although I believe next week some will begin to open up. I’m really hoping I can somehow get my hands on a made in France because I’m super impatient and will probably end up just getting a US one if I don’t find it within the next month. I just love how carefree my AlmaBB is in the DE print and would love a bigger bag in that print. I’m too protective of my monogram Speedy to take it out often anymore.

Reactions: Love_N_Lune
@karmilan i just walked into LV and tried in Alma BB in DE MIF and Speedy b25 in DE MIU. The Speedy in DE looked better IMO than Alma. I was ready to pull the trigger but noticed some rippling in the sole Speedy 25b DE in store. My CA will check next 2 shipments for a fresh one in better condition.

They’re definitely two completely different bags. I really like them both but would chose a Speedy first any day. I really hope you find one in better condition!! Fingers crossed ☺️