The Speedy Gonzales Club!

I've seen no problem whatsoever. Hardware looks great after all these years.
Fyn- I should probably add that the hardware on the narrow, leather strap is small and lightweight, so it doesn't do any damage-I bought the same type strap, in diff. color for my Speedy Azur as well, and again, no damage after years of use.

i dont mind the bag sag look (speedy b 35 currently stuffed with multiple pouches for myself and the kiddo as well as two blankets and a full size wallet) but I am worried about damaging the canvas with the edges of all my contents.

Debating on getting a samorga, kumakao or original club organizer.... or neither of these and just letting the bag take the shape of the items inside. Anyone have the same dilemma?

Attachments

• 20181202_160801.jpg
    20181202_160801.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 1,212
  • 20181202_160748.jpg
    20181202_160748.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 1,213
  • 20181202_160740.jpg
    20181202_160740.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 1,218
Reactions: MeepMeep67
i dont mind the bag sag look (speedy b 35 currently stuffed with multiple pouches for myself and the kiddo as well as two blankets and a full size wallet) but I am worried about damaging the canvas with the edges of all my contents.

Debating on getting a samorga, kumakao or original club organizer.... or neither of these and just letting the bag take the shape of the items inside. Anyone have the same dilemma?

I have samorgas in my speedys. They are light and give my 30s shape. They also help with locating my smaller slgs since I store them in the side interior pockets. I just ordered another brand off Etsy by jennykrafts. She makes them in felt as well. It’s my first order from her so I’m curious to compare the quality. I’m giving my daughter my Neverfull GM to have as a diaper bag, so I ordered a diaper insert. I’ll post when I receive it.

Thought I'd share my latest buy, a preloved 22-years old Speedy 30 mono, which costs me less than USD150. Hoping to get another 22 years of service out of it

That’s a great price. I also purchased a 22 year old bag from a Japanese reseller. I used it with the original Vachetta ( zipper pull was barely hanging on at one point) for about a year. Then I watched a YouTube video of a speedy that just had all the Vachetta replaced and I was sold. I posted here my reveal on the new Vachetta. Even with the replacement leather it still came in under what a new bag costs. I absolutely love that bag. I love the zipper and the thick canvas. I would totally do it again. I’m just putting that idea out there for you in case you fall in love with your bag and want it to last another twenty years. :smile:

Speedy out strolling [emoji173]️
dfc49060c221abfcfd6dada99e57de80.jpg

I have samorgas in my speedys. They are light and give my 30s shape. They also help with locating my smaller slgs since I store them in the side interior pockets. I just ordered another brand off Etsy by jennykrafts. She makes them in felt as well. It’s my first order from her so I’m curious to compare the quality. I’m giving my daughter my Neverfull GM to have as a diaper bag, so I ordered a diaper insert. I’ll post when I receive it.

I have some organizers from Jennykrafts. She makes sizes for Noes, and also has a nice assortment of colors. Just got an orange one for my Catogram Speedy, and it looks and feels great! Never had any from Samorga, so sorry, can’t compare the two.

After I got my preloved Speedy 35 B last week, my mom has borrowed my Mono 30. She is currently using it with the strap from her Eva, but want something a bit wider for extra comfort. Is there a strap like the one from the Speedy B, where it can be cross-body or shoulder, if you remove the middle part of the strap?

After I got my preloved Speedy 35 B last week, my mom has borrowed my Mono 30. She is currently using it with the strap from her Eva, but want something a bit wider for extra comfort. Is there a strap like the one from the Speedy B, where it can be cross-body or shoulder, if you remove the middle part of the strap?
Mautto makes straps that match the vachetta or ebene leather, so does Mcraft on Etsy.

Reactions: misstrine85