The Speedy 30: Monogram, Damier Azur or Damier Ebony?

My husband surprised me with a very generous gift card to LV for our 20th anniversary two weeks ago. I went straight to the LV boutique and got my first speedy...the 30 damier azur. I did do a little "agonizing" between the azur and the monogram, but ended up with the former. Two weeks later and I am still thrilled with my choice. I live in Tucson, AZ where it is hot 11 months out of the year, so it was a perfect choice. I sprayed the handles with apple garde when I got home and now don't have a care in the world. Love it to pieces. I hope you too love whatever you end up getting:biggrin:

Reactions: chantalrose
I did not read any other responses but I have to say you must get the one you just love . . . there has to be one that speaks to you? Good luck and have fun shopping.

^^This is exactly what happened to me. My heart yearned for the Azur, but since I'm a guy the 30 was too small for me. On my 29th b-day last year, I went to the boutique to get the 40 for gym and there he was, the 30 Azur sitting on the shelf. I went home that day super happy with my 40 but then, my heart continued to yearn for the Azur. On Nov. 2008, my heart fell head over heels w/ Cassis and bought one right on the spot and once again ecstatic but my heart continued to yearn for the Azur. Finally in April 2009, I got the 35 and somehow, I'm now completely satisfied w/ my Speedy collection.

I am facing the same dilemma myself. My birthday is coming up and I'm trying to decide between the azur and monogram speedy. I'm almost certain that I will go with the monogram because the azur is succeptible to color transfer from denim, which i wear a lot of! I love the azur but I would freak if I ruined it :Push:

I would go for Ebene. The Speedy 30 in Ebene was my first LV and it was a great choice because the bag is very versatile and you won't have to worry about the vachetta. I also have the Speedy in Azur but I don't use that as much because I'm always worrying about colour transfer and stuff like that when I'm using it.