The Speedy 30: Monogram, Damier Azur or Damier Ebony?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
    Hi Everyone,

I'm about to get a LV Speedy 30 and can't decide between the monogram, azur and the ebony. Any advice for me?

Also, does the Azur get dirty easily? (ie does denim rub off onto it, etc).

Thanks in advance!

xoxo

2. I love the Mono if you do not have one & next would be the Azur if you live where it is mostly sunny if not then go for the Enbene-Well, I am no help at all-They are all wonderful-follow your heart!

3. I love the Ebene as a first choice since it is a hand held bag. On the Azur and the Monogram, it is hard to keep the handles looking good unless you only hold the bag on the crook of your arm. :biggrin:

4. I was caught in the same dilemma! I think I'll probably get the azur because the mono and ebene come in a lot of different styles that I'll probably want later. I'm not much help either, lol. Best of luck deciding!

5. Hmm, its a difficult one, my aim would be to get all three over a period of time! (that's my plan) ;) If its your first LV I would definately go for mono. It's iconic and goes with everything! Then Azur then Ebony. To answer your question re Azur, I have used my Azur Speedy 30 continously for over a year as my day to day bag. (Live in a warm climate). No marks on the canvas or transfer of stains. The handles have a few marks (underneath) from holding but apart from that it looks great! It's a fab bag. The only thing I don't like about it is its difficult to organise inside, its a fairly large size and the shape just tends to be a black hole for smaller items (e.g. lipsticks).....not a biggie but something to point out......

whatever you decide will be fabulous anyway!

6. i would say the damier ebene. somehow it looks super classy and goes well with anything!
    but do go with what your heart tells you!
    good luck!

7. I had the same dilemma when I was getting my speedy 30. I ended up getting the Damier Ebony, because I fell in love with it when I saw it in the store. I say go with the Damier Ebony. First off, almost everybody has any of the Speedys in Mono. Secondly, The Damier Azur might get dirty faster and if you wear dark washed jeans, I've read that sometimes it rubs on to the bag. Really, it all depends on what you reeeeally love the most. Go to the store and try them all. See which one goes well with you better an which one would go best with your wardrobe, if you're going to use the bag as your every day bag.

8. I vote for damier ebony!

9. damier ebony for me!

10. mono

11. I'd get the mono first, followed by the other two -- all are great!!

12. I know everyone says mono but I prefer the Damier as your first choice, great versatile low maintance bag, classy and goes with everything. You can always get the mono at another time. It's not like it will be discontinued.

13. LV MONO!!!!!!! its classic!!!!! my god!!!! audrey hepburn! bag 1932 mono speedy 30! it started it all hihih

14. damier ebony ftw! get a mono bag later :]

15. damier ebony!