The ridiculous feeling of wanting a bag you know will not work out for you.

This thread is so me right now with the Loro Piana Extra Pocket L19.
1000009952.jpg
I wanted a small top handle bag with east-west proportions that can be worn crossbody (basically a Mini Kelly) and I would also like a bag in Ostrich leather (in my mind I envision a Birkin 25 but I know this would never ever be useful to me), so I bought the EP pre-loved from Vestiare Collective, which I expected would fulfill both wishes.
It was supposed to be like new, but as it turns out one of the buckles on the strap is broken and I have been waiting more than a month to hear back from LP to see if it can be fixed (doesn't seem promising). In the meantime, I sent it back to VC but they wouldn't refund me so now I'm waiting for it to sell to get some of my money back (or for my CC transaction dispute to be approved).
Then, I saw the price of Ostrich version of the EP went up 15% with 2024 price increases, so now I'm wondering if I should have VC send me the bag back... :facepalm:
Honestly, when I compared the EP to my H bags I felt it looked cheap and not worth the price. But I am still texting Loro Piana SAs to see if I can get a new one in calfskin (which is half the price of the Ostrich version). :no: I think it's just FOMO at this point.
While I wait for LP, VC, or my CC company to sort this out, I just stumbled upon this Furla Opportunity Mini bag which I ordered and am waiting to receive in the hope that it will "cure" my obsession with EP so I can just let it go... :wave:
1000009944.jpg

This thread is so me right now with the Loro Piana Extra Pocket L19.
View attachment 5929892
I wanted a small top handle bag with east-west proportions that can be worn crossbody (basically a Mini Kelly) and I would also like a bag in Ostrich leather (in my mind I envision a Birkin 25 but I know this would never ever be useful to me), so I bought the EP pre-loved from Vestiare Collective, which I expected would fulfill both wishes.
It was supposed to be like new, but as it turns out one of the buckles on the strap is broken and I have been waiting more than a month to hear back from LP to see if it can be fixed (doesn't seem promising). In the meantime, I sent it back to VC but they wouldn't refund me so now I'm waiting for it to sell to get some of my money back (or for my CC transaction dispute to be approved).
Then, I saw the price of Ostrich version of the EP went up 15% with 2024 price increases, so now I'm wondering if I should have VC send me the bag back... :facepalm:
Honestly, when I compared the EP to my H bags I felt it looked cheap and not worth the price. But I am still texting Loro Piana SAs to see if I can get a new one in calfskin (which is half the price of the Ostrich version). :no: I think it's just FOMO at this point.
While I wait for LP, VC, or my CC company to sort this out, I just stumbled upon this Furla Opportunity Mini bag which I ordered and am waiting to receive in the hope that it will "cure" my obsession with EP so I can just let it go... :wave:
View attachment 5929902
Oh my what a saga, why won't they refund you?
These bags look so cute but I can't help but feel like it will just flop open and spill once both zippers are opened.

Oh my what a saga, why won't they refund you?
These bags look so cute but I can't help but feel like it will just flop open and spill once both zippers are opened.
According to VC the seller's listing is compliant and therefore I don't have the right to a refund. Either they don't agree with my assessment that it's broken (although Loro Piana does) or they don't care and just want to pass the problem on to someone else at my expense.
The EP did not flop open as the zipper stops on the side and doesn't wrap around the back, but I do worry that may be the case for the Furla bag (and the vanity bag category in general).

Reactions: A bottle of Red

According to VC the seller's listing is compliant and therefore I don't have the right to a refund. Either they don't agree with my assessment that it's broken (although Loro Piana does) or they don't care and just want to pass the problem on to someone else at my expense.
The EP did not flop open as the zipper stops on the side and doesn't wrap around the back, but I do worry that may be the case for the Furla bag (and the vanity bag category in general).
That's frustrating I hope Loro piana can fix it

That's frustrating I hope Loro piana can fix it
LP still doesn't know if they can fix it - they asked me to send it back to the boutique where it was purchased for evaluation :hrmm:
BUT luckily my CC company came through with the charge back on VC! The Furla bags didn't work out for me, so I think I will just put myself on Ban Island until this Extra Pocket fever passes...:panic:

• Wow
Reactions: A bottle of Red
LP still doesn't know if they can fix it - they asked me to send it back to the boutique where it was purchased for evaluation :hrmm:
BUT luckily my CC company came through with the charge back on VC! The Furla bags didn't work out for me, so I think I will just put myself on Ban Island until this Extra Pocket fever passes...:panic:
What a mess, glad your cc stepped up

• Thanks
Reactions: tmk_fr