The RED Thread!

Thanks so much, blugenie, babyskyblue, ms piggy, Nymph, and Syma!

blugenie, did you receive yours yet? How do you like it?

babyskyblue, as ms piggy explained, yes, the Montaigne bag and Montaigne are one and the same! I just photographed mine in its tote form since I like it better than its boxy satchel form. It's sold and displayed in its boxy satchel form, though. I hope I didn't confuse you too much.

Nymph, what is SLG?

Syma, thanks very much for the photo compliments. Bear in mind that the color is deeper and richer than pictured--just couldn't work my lighting well the other day. =( Carmino is really gorgeous in real life, as you all prob. already know!!

blugenie, did you receive yours yet? How do you like it?

Yes I did! (Carmino Montaigne!!) I couldn't unwrap it until Thursday night and only now just got to play with it :tup: The color is wonderful and I love the subtle gold hardware. I tried snapping pics too but they do turn out orangey and not a true representation of the rich color. But I'm also wondering - like my original RED dilemma which started this thread - whether I can justify such a hot color when I'm otherwise so drab!?! LOL! :sweatdrop:

Thanks Ms Piggy and Lucy.

I think it was the boxy satchel form and the tote form got me confused at the first place. I read Lucy's thread about the color of the Montaigne and all I saw was the boxy satchel form. I am starting to like BV and I think this will be my first purchase! Thanks to Lucy's photography skill!!!!!

oh this is the red thread, here is something I got about a month ago...sorry, not BV....

Attachments

• RG2.JPG
    RG2.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 51
babybluesky--can't go wrong with the montaigne as your first BV! As Lucy has shown, it is a versatile, convertible bag that gives you many options. Oh, and that lush red color ain't bad either!

Oh, and Woohoo on your latest red bag! Love, love, love!

No apology required babyskyblue, many congrats on the gorgeous birkin!!
Out with the specs now, 30 Togo Rouge Vif (pardon me if i got it worng, still a H newbie)?

Yes, BV is just as addictive as H, so be warned. The Montaigne has beautiful details not unlike the Birkin, it's no wonder its popular with the H ladies like you and Lucy.

Btw, I'm thinking of getting a SLG in Carmino since I'm on a purse ban... Just can't think of what would be a good option. Any suggestions?

How abt the Iron bag? You could use it as a make-up pouch or an evening bag. Or the zip make-up bag? I love my quarzo one, it's so soft and fits a ton.

Blugenie, glad you're enjoying your Carmino Montaigne, too! If you wear a lot of dark colors, it will add a lot of pop! But this red is so beautiful, not garish at all.

Thanks, Nymph! Duh on my part! LOL

Babyskyblue, thank you! (Didn't you PM me recently?) Your new Birkin is beautiful! What are the specs? It looks like Togo 30cm.

No apology required babyskyblue, many congrats on the gorgeous birkin!!
Out with the specs now, 30 Togo Rouge Vif (pardon me if i got it worng, still a H newbie)?

Yes, BV is just as addictive as H, so be warned. The Montaigne has beautiful details not unlike the Birkin, it's no wonder its popular with the H ladies like you and Lucy.

Thank you Ms Piggy. This is a 30 Togo in Rouge Garance. I love it to death.
I plan to go downtown to check out BVs. I am not sure how wide is the selection here in Canada. :confused1: The stocks in Holts Renfrew are so scarce. I definitely want to check out the Montaigne (if they have one)! I love it!!!!!!

Blugenie, glad you're enjoying your Carmino Montaigne, too! If you wear a lot of dark colors, it will add a lot of pop! But this red is so beautiful, not garish at all.

Thanks, Nymph! Duh on my part! LOL

Babyskyblue, thank you! (Didn't you PM me recently?) Your new Birkin is beautiful! What are the specs? It looks like Togo 30cm.

Yes, I did PM you recently via another board about the Lindy!!! Good memory!
How do you like your Montaigne so far? Do you use your red or brown one more?
Yes, it is a 30 cam Togo in Rouge Garance.
I just love every piece in your collection, Lucy!!

Yes, I did PM you recently via another board about the Lindy!!! Good memory!
How do you like your Montaigne so far? Do you use your red or brown one more?
Yes, it is a 30 cam Togo in Rouge Garance.
I just love every piece in your collection, Lucy!!

Now I remember which bag we "talked" about, babyskyblue!! Did you ever make a decision about the Lindy? About your beautiful new Birkin, it's good to see Togo again because H seems to making more Clemence lately. Haven't seen too much Togo these days. Rouge Garance is one of my most favorite reds.

I love the Montaigne! It's a very easy style. I like that the base is deep and stabilized by the 5 feet, yet it's still casual and slouchy. When I set it down, it doesn't slither and flop over. LOL I've been using the Ebano one more; haven't used the Carmino. Which color do you plan to get?

I love this thread! Lucy, the montaigne looks great in both ebano and carmino. I'm stuck on what red bag to get in the future: carmino iron bag, something red in LV epi, or a red Tods? Ahh, so many different choices!

I love the Montaigne! It's a very easy style. I like that the base is deep and stabilized by the 5 feet, yet it's still casual and slouchy. When I set it down, it doesn't slither and flop over. LOL I've been using the Ebano one more; haven't used the Carmino. Which color do you plan to get?

Lucy, Good to hear that you love the Montaigne. I went to the department store and there were only black and honey/camel. I am not into black bags that much. I liked the honey/camel one but not to the extent that I wanted to purchase it.

I love your Carmino. I was hoping to be able to see it though. I once saw a color in beige/grey color in another style (sort of like Etoupe). I asked the SA to let me know when they get more stocks/colors in.

Do you mind me asking know how much the Montaigne retails in the U.S.? It is selling for $2730CDN in Canada. I know it must be much more expensive in Canada though.