The Real Real’s Newest Scam - Return Guarantee (XCover)

Hey I just had this same exact thing happen to me and what I did to solve it was go to the sellers tab then call the real real and choose the vendor option which I think was button 4 on the phone. Choose the question about my consignment options and it will put you on the phone with their sales department which are people that actually work at their offices/stores. From there your can explain your issue to them and make sure they elevate your issue with a customer service manager and you should receive in email within 24-48 hours from them and eventually get your refund.
Did Xcover ignore your claim or did you get your refund back with the sales tax ?

Reactions: LezaE9
Dipute the charge on your credit card. They will temporarily refund your money while they conduct an invest. Tell them you attempted to resolve issue with the merchant directly and they are not responsive end make it impossible to connect with. They will reach out to merchant on your behalf and since it is possible the merchant may not even respond (sound like a good possibility in this case) your credit will become permanent and you may even get to keep the bag. Worst case they facilitate your return and your refunded anyway. Charging customers extra for the so called ability to return an item is a huge red flag. So on fashionphile from now on!
I see airlines are starting to do a version of this. You can pay more for the ability to get a refund instead of a travel credit. NO WAY.

• Insightful
Reactions: ccbaggirl89
I know its been a while since I posted an update, but here it is
I shipped the bag back to them, they (XCover) received it last week. Never acknowledged receipt or sent me an update. 2 days ago I got a phone call reminding me to send the bag back to them!

After much back & forth with TRR — because there’s no way to communicate with XCover — I finally heard from them today. They inform me that I’ll receive an amount thats LESS than the sales price! And they don’t refund your original form of payment — they just send a deposit to your bank.

I knew the money paid for XCover was non-refundable & I knew they deduct $12.95 for shipping (despite the fact I paid for it myself), but they’re not covering the sales tax!

WTF kind of BS scam is this?
I can’t possibly be the only fool who fell for & paid for this “return guarantee” am I?

View attachment 5954229View attachment 5954230
I'm very sorry for your experience, but thankful you were willing to share it with others. Hopefully it saves some of us from a costly error.

Reactions: onlyk
I might be wrong, but I have noticed another disturbing pattern at TRR lately. It seems that the reduced sales prices (5,10,20% off) are now only temporary and discounts are removed without notice. I recently wanted to buy an item that was discounted at 20%. I put it in my bag to think about. When I went to check out I noticed that the price had increased overnight. When I asked about this, TRR said discounts are now time limited and removed or reduced without notice. In another example, a kelly 25, that has for some time had a 20% off discount, now has NO discount. So buyer beware. My guess is that pricing is going up based on how many people are looking at an item. But that is just a guess.