The Rainbow Bridge.

My boy is home and doing very well. Lots of meds and three weeks enforced rest but I can live with that :heart:. Thanks for the support, now it's just a wait for pathology!
My dad had back surgery today and it went very well, what a start to the New year!

When it rains, it pours! Same thing in our house.

It's hard waiting for the path results. Crossing fingers for your boy.

Thanks my friend, any word on your end?

Our old boy made it a month after they found his cancer. We spoiled him like crazy till the end. (He previously had a malignant lump removed)

I've always had Boxers but they are too high energy for me now that my back is so bad. Everyone says to get another but I'll support the local rescue groups and keep up with the wonderful animal lovers here.[emoji173]️

Reactions: Bijouxlady
Our old boy made it a month after they found his cancer. We spoiled him like crazy till the end. (He previously had a malignant lump removed)

I've always had Boxers but they are too high energy for me now that my back is so bad. Everyone says to get another but I'll support the local rescue groups and keep up with the wonderful animal lovers here.[emoji173]️

Ah was this Sabo you were referring to then? It's always so hard, I feel like we dodged a bullet this time. And my guy's spoiled on a regular basis regardless of health :amuse:...

This week my beloved Nala went to wait for me at the Rainbow Bridge. This was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do and I still can't believe she is gone. Nala was such a Little Miss and a tough cookie, but underneath all the standoffishness she was a sweetheart--just like her mama. Nala was there for me during all good times and most importantly, the bad times. I will miss her big mouth and tiny little feet stepping all over me, her always stalking me to turn on the faucet in the bathroom sink. I will see you again baby girl.
Nala: 9/5/2005 - 1/10/2018.

Attachments

• IMG_0107.JPG
    IMG_0107.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Reactions: Bijouxlady
This week my beloved Nala went to wait for me at the Rainbow Bridge. This was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do and I still can't believe she is gone. Nala was such a Little Miss and a tough cookie, but underneath all the standoffishness she was a sweetheart--just like her mama. Nala was there for me during all good times and most importantly, the bad times. I will miss her big mouth and tiny little feet stepping all over me, her always stalking me to turn on the faucet in the bathroom sink. I will see you again baby girl.
I'm so sorry, what a sweet face she has!

I'm so sorry about your beautiful Nala (I love her name and her whiskers).

Like you, I'm counting on reuniting with my animals at the Bridge.

Reactions: Sickgrl13
I never realized there was a forum for animal lovers. I am facing the hardest and worst part of having a fur baby. My 12 yr Havanese, Valentino, was diagnosed with cancer in August. It's an aggressive form. It's not lymphoma but it is located on the right side of his neck/throat. It is huge. I'm amazed how well he has done. Other than having a problem eating now & sleeping a lot he can still go up the short flight of stairs on most days. He has lost a considerable amount of weight too. He is scheduled to be put down on Monday @ 3 pm. It is so hard to sit here with him this weekend knowing this. I let my Bichon go too long before I put him down & my maltese was a sudden thing so there was really only one decision. I keep thinking that maybe I am doing it too soon but when I took him to vet last Tuesday she said I should probably think about it in the next 7-10 days. I know all of you know how difficult that decision is. This will be the first time in over 25 years I haven't had a pet. The thought of coming home to an empty, quiet house makes me even more sad. I have waves of grief & crying come on me. I hate it. I know I will get another at some point. Not sure I can do the puppy thing but I might. Valentino has been my first male & I plan to get another. He has been the best one I have ever had by far. So sweet, even tempered and attached to me. Sorry for the length of this but it is nice to share my heart with others that have had theirs broken as well.

Last edited: