The purses we buy

Thanks for all the replies girls! :tup:

I finally got my DH to say (and this is with me NOT forcing him to say it :lol:) - "Honey, if you really WANT a Chanel purse .. then by all means, get yourself one. You deserve it. I've always think of you as a classy woman and you certainly deserve a classy purse to carry around and show off." It was so sweet. I've talked and talked about these forums .. even read him some of the answers from the thread "You know you have a problem when..." and he was just laughing about some of you girls. Then he got that worried look .. does this mean you are upgrading? Yep - no more Coach or Dooney's for me. I don't know what to do with the ones I have .. they just don't have that appeal to me anymore. :crybaby: I have one Dooney and Burke I will never get rid of - but after thinking and thinking .. I think the others will have to find new homes. They don't fit the me of today. Do any of you grow out of your purse styles?!

So after the one I get this weekend (keeping fingers crossed) - I will be saving up for my next big purchase. :yahoo:

I can't wait to get this purse into my hands and hold it. :love: Only a few more days ....

Peeking, I am glad to hear you are getting your dream bag. I think you will find a lot of women here sell bags they no longer love to help fund their new loves. And it runs the gammut, from coach to hermes.

i'm not married yet, im only 19!! my boyfriend's super sweet though and even looks out for bags which he thinks i might like. my parents didn't get my purses addiction until recently and they have been supportive and sweet whenever i get a new bag now :wtf: major 360 degrees turn, i know! but im so not complaining :P:graucho: i havent gotten a chanel yet but i will by my bday! to be honest, i only love COLORED CHANEL JUMBOS [i don't feel anything for e/w, medium flaps or any reissues! dont shoot me ppl!] unless something from the seasonal collection really catches my line which rarely happens! im so bad with my money but my dad was all for it when i told him there was a navy patent jumbo coming out for f/w :yahoo:

i love love love chanel classic line but im in no trouble funding my purses [as im reallyyyy anal about my bags and can never settle for second best] until next spring when i see colored jumbos out :roflmfao::heart: but seeing how anal i am, i may not even like the shades of pink or yellow. ah we'll seeeee :smile:

Congrats, Peeking. Which one are you thinking of getting??? (Don't forget about the Nov. price increase.) You will love your first Chanel. I have 4 bags myself. I'm not one to stick to just one brand, but I do know my DH loves my Chanels the most. He picked out my Jumbo Black Caviar Flap. He's very understanding about my purse "hobby"...lol. Sometimes I go overboard and he asks me to slow it down and I have no problem with that, since he's so very generous.

Gosh, where to begin other than to say 5 kids, wowser!!! Congrats, you deserve a high end purse once in awhile even if it means having a separate fund.

^ I agree! With 5 kids and a Marine husband, u deserve a high end purse! Maybe u can sell some of ur coach and db to help fund for a chanel, and like jmen said, don't rule out a pre-owned one on ebay or resale store. Just remember to authenticate it here! Good luck and post pictures when u do!

My husband has known about my addiction from the getgo. It went from a trunk being filled with bags to a closet to now a full room filled. He's up on what they cost, he tries to argue with me and justify why I don't need anymore and than will go buy the bag anyway. (He argues to hear himself speak)However, I do work and fund alot of my own bags, he buys me several, but sometimes I want more and that may make me insane. But I am also forunate to have a few friends in retail who can sometimes pick up a bag or two for me at their employee discount so that always helps.
I will only buy for myself if I have atleast half the cost of the bag in cash so I don't carry a big bill.
However, I know when we have kids I have to slow down so that's why I am going at full speed right now.

I started buying desinger bags from the age of 19 and moved up to superbrands like chanel chole fendi Balenciaga and tods evening bags a few years later. My first chanel bag in 1999 and then now 30 bags later i still want more.. I'm down on the list for atleast 3 bags in the cruise line( cannnnnnnt wait!!!!!!) - And i fund all my bags myself.. Sometimes the odd present from my mom who also has quite a few chanels herself!

Congrats on five children...and like most of the other Chanel lovers on this thread...I work...so the way I see it, if your bills are paid and you have money in the bank...its okay to splurge once in a while...However, my whole family feels I splurge...just a little too much...I admit it!!! I have a luxury handbag addiction..Good luck with your bag search..