"The Pouch"

View attachment 5154867
Shopped for my first BV while in Paris and I am hooked! I ended up getting the large intrecciato in caramel (not pictured because I had to wait for them to bring it from another store). I echo what a lot of people mentioned in the thread, the intrecciato def holds it's shape better that the smooth leather, I was originally thinking I was going to love the smooth more but it was much more saggy than I had imagined. The SA also worked with me and we both decided that my first piece needed to be a classic intrecciato. My spouse was pushing me to also get a mini too and I don't know why I hesitated! Regrets! The colors options were all too much, I knew I wanted something fun for the mini, that deep turquoise was beautiful but I was telling myself maybe I should go smooth leather for the mini, and I just got in my head.

I was in between the black and the caramel but the black was too formal, it's gorg but I knew I personally wouldn't reach for it as often since it looks so much fancier. I think I will get so much more use out of the caramel. The plaster white was also beautiful but I'm sadly a very messy eater and also wear cheap old navy jeans that stain the hell out of any white purse I wear so I had to veto that. Hopefully this helps anyone else out there still making up there mind. I try to choose classics that I love even after people may not think they're "in style" any more. I got my Céline (old Céline) nano luggage tote about 4 years ago just like this BV pouch a few years after the craze but that's how I knew I still really loved it even without the hype!

I'm really loving BV and I'm already eyeing the mini jodie or cassette bag next. Thanks for everyone's comments and pics on the thread it def helped me narrow my decision.
That’s great! I know you’ll get tons of use out of the caramel for sure. Def go for a mini jodie next since it’s 100% a Bottega staple piece now; long after the hype wears down these bags will be forever timeless and stunning.

Got a lovely surprise the other day from my SO…obsessed with parakeet green! At first I thought it would be too much green in my closet as I already own the mini Jodie in grass, but this bag is quite different I have to say and truly earned a spot in my collection. View attachment 5171760
Hi. I’m new to BV and want a grass and/or parakeet bag. Can you post or send a picture of your two side-by-side? Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: rose80
Hi. I’m new to BV and want a grass and/or parakeet bag. Can you post or send a picture of your two side-by-side? Thanks!
I took a few two months ago, long before I thought I’d be getting that bag actually haha. But I have to warn you that you cannot really capture parakeet’s brightness in photos. In the pic I attach they look so similar, (my Jodie in grass and the pouch 20 in parakeet) but in real life they’re pretty different. Grass almost seems a tad more faded and more of a neutral,even though it appears like a bright green when seen alone. The parakeet is a lot brighter, although not neon whatsoever, so it goes to prove that nobody does color quite like Bottega Veneta does!9A09A8FB-766D-4216-8CE1-BE32E441A2A7.jpegA57E438D-A9E7-414C-89F0-0A5BB023F968.jpeg

I took a few two months ago, long before I thought I’d be getting that bag actually haha. But I have to warn you that you cannot really capture parakeet’s brightness in photos. In the pic I attach they look so similar, (my Jodie in grass and the pouch 20 in parakeet) but in real life they’re pretty different. Grass almost seems a tad more faded and more of a neutral,even though it appears like a bright green when seen alone. The parakeet is a lot brighter, although not neon whatsoever, so it goes to prove that nobody does color quite like Bottega Veneta does!View attachment 5172311View attachment 5172312
Thank you! These are gorgeous. It’s time for me to get my first BV!

Got a lovely surprise the other day from my SO…obsessed with parakeet green! At first I thought it would be too much green in my closet as I already own the mini Jodie in grass, but this bag is quite different I have to say and truly earned a spot in my collection. View attachment 5171760
Such a happy vibe in this picture with all the vibrant green, white table and yummy drink!

love the green color so much! do you have any regrets? i am torn between a neutral color and this
That realllly depends on a) your love of the color green, and b) is this your first, and maybe only, Bottega bag? I already own neutral Bottega bags so it made it a lot easier to take the plunge on such a color, ya know?