The (Pochette) Metis Club

I had a mini photo shoot yesterday with my Pochette Metis before taking her out for the first time. I was so excited to take her for a spin that I forgot to take the stickers off of the hardware! I submitted a post when I initially got this bag explaining that there was a slight wave in the leather and my CA ended up replacing it for me without question!! I have the Canvas version and I carry it sparingly because I'm worried about cracking and glazing issues, but the Empreinte version is a game changer. The bag is substantial, weighty (yet balanced), and sturdy. I was carrying my Eva Clutch prior to this and am thankful for the extra room and organizational options provided by the pockets.

IMG_5114.jpg

Last edited:
Just wondering if this is normal - the gold clasp on the leather strap rubs up against the side of my bag when I wear it crossbody. I am worried that this will damage the bag over time.
Does this happen with anyone else?

Attachments

• 4E7DF758-BABD-4827-9D0E-C2C71D44326D.jpeg
    4E7DF758-BABD-4827-9D0E-C2C71D44326D.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: Sunshine mama
Just got my first PM and I was surprised to see there were no stickers on the hardware. Is this something they aren’t doing anymore or do you think I got one that was returned? The glazing around the back feels really rough which seems like it may be a result of the empriente texture but it feels cheapy to me so i’m curious if that is normal. I’m also trying to decide if the flap is crooked or if I’m hallucinating. Basically trying to talk myself off the buyers remorse ledge over here ‍

Attachments

• 8CCF94D2-3978-47D9-8D74-38B4054670D8.jpeg
    8CCF94D2-3978-47D9-8D74-38B4054670D8.jpeg
    271.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 463E6943-046B-4A87-9239-D383C4361E8E.jpeg
    463E6943-046B-4A87-9239-D383C4361E8E.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: mariliz11
Just got my first PM and I was surprised to see there were no stickers on the hardware. Is this something they aren’t doing anymore or do you think I got one that was returned? The glazing around the back feels really rough which seems like it may be a result of the empriente texture but it feels cheapy to me so i’m curious if that is normal. I’m also trying to decide if the flap is crooked or if I’m hallucinating. Basically trying to talk myself off the buyers remorse ledge over here ‍
I don't think the hardware always comes with stickers on it. I purchased stickers for mine from Havre Deluxe. You mentioned buyer's remorse. That's not the feeling you're supposed to have after spending thousands on a beautiful bag. If you don't love everything about it, send it back rather than trying to talk yourself into it. I have the Turtledove and it was love at first sight. Every time I use it I love it more. If you don't love it, take advantage of the return policy and get something you do love!

I don't think the hardware always comes with stickers on it. I purchased stickers for mine from Havre Deluxe. You mentioned buyer's remorse. That's not the feeling you're supposed to have after spending thousands on a beautiful bag. If you don't love everything about it, send it back rather than trying to talk yourself into it. I have the Turtledove and it was love at first sight. Every time I use it I love it more. If you don't love it, take advantage of the return policy and get something you do love!
I bought mine in the store and it had the protective stickers in the lock. I agree with Loriad it should make your heart sing. I think you should exchange it for another metis or sth else.

Perhaps buyers remorse is a strong choice of words haha but i've had this on my wishlist for at least 5 years so maybe I was overhyping it in my head? I hadn't been able to see the empriente in the store since they never seem to have it so I guess the quality is not what I was expecting. Also, now that i've searched the depths of the internet it does seem like it should have come with the stickers on the hardware. I saw some other posts with people speculating that the perfect bags get sent to the stores and the less than ideal bags are sold online. I guess i'm just wondering if I should try to order another one and see what it looks like or if this is just how it is and then maybe in that case it's not for me. The glazing just seems so rough! Is that normal? Ugh what a dilemma.

Reactions: Shangri La
Perhaps buyers remorse is a strong choice of words haha but i've had this on my wishlist for at least 5 years so maybe I was overhyping it in my head? I hadn't been able to see the empriente in the store since they never seem to have it so I guess the quality is not what I was expecting. Also, now that i've searched the depths of the internet it does seem like it should have come with the stickers on the hardware. I saw some other posts with people speculating that the perfect bags get sent to the stores and the less than ideal bags are sold online. I guess i'm just wondering if I should try to order another one and see what it looks like or if this is just how it is and then maybe in that case it's not for me. The glazing just seems so rough! Is that normal? Ugh what a dilemma.
I purchased a lot online and had awesome quality sent but also duds. So in store you can examine and see if you like it. Maybe you should look also at canvas to compare what you like better.

Reactions: lexus760
My hardware came with stickers on it, which I have taken off after seeing a wear and tear video online where someone left their stickers on and had residue from the stickers deteriorating that couldn’t be removed.
That was a good call I did the same. I have a friend who bought the protective stickers and she had heavy tarnish under when she took them off.

Dear members of the club! Sorry if I have mistakes. English is not my native language.
I love the Metis bag!
She came to me on December 27, 2019. It is interesting to remember this, as you remember your birthday :smile:
I really like my Metis with a red strap /

I can share the secret of uniform tanning of the skin on the handle.
Get caught in very heavy rain with your bag! And the skin on the handle and tongue will become uniformly golden :smile:IMG_20220516_153840 (1).jpgIMG_20220516_153933.jpgScreenshot_20220516-155827_2.pngIMG_20220516_154045.jpgIMG_20210829_151343.jpgIMG_20220516_154113 (1).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220516_154019 (1).jpg
    IMG_20220516_154019 (1).jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 9
Wow that metis looks gorgeous! And the patina is beautiful! That's good to know I will not run in the rain next time I will stop and let it pour a bit❤️ what is your native language? You say skin I tip a Scandinavian country???

Wow that metis looks gorgeous! And the patina is beautiful! That's good to know I will not run in the rain next time I will stop and let it pour a bit❤ what is your native language? You say skin I tip a Scandinavian country???
I am Russian, my whole family has been living in Hungary for 11 years.
I bought the bag in a boutique in Budapest.