The Pochette Felicie Club!

Dear @mgrant , thank you so much for your response! It is very helpful and I totally understand your point about the „clashing“ of the colors as well as the fact that the monogram is maybe less suitable for very dressy occasions. Which is deifinitely what I am looking for in the Félicie as my PA in Mono with a crissbody strap works great as a small day bag already.

So I am very much leaning towards the Galet, especially as I really love the super soft microfibre lining.

As I haven‘t yet had the chance to see the Galet in store, I will of course ultimately decide once I see the color in person but then I will definitely let you know which one I chose.

Thanks again for your help and all the best to you during these difficult times!

If you already have a PA in monogram canvas, then I think getting the Felicie in Epi leather is a good move. It'll add some versatility and variety into your closet. I really think you'll be pleased when you see it - it's prettier in person than it is online in my opinion. It's the perfect neutral - you can pull the warm or cool tones out of it depending on what you pair it with, which I love!

Stay safe out there!

Question for those who own the Galet color in epi leather, does the dye from the jeans transfer to the bag?

I haven't worn mine with jeans, so I can't give you a definite yes or no on that. However, when I bought it, the sales associate said that lighter colors are always going to be prone to color transfer, but Epi leather tends to not get it as easily. I would just be careful if you plan to wear with dark jeans. Better safe than sorry!

Do you guys think it'd be redundant to get the Felicie in DE if I already have the PA in DE? I've been eyeing a canvas Felicie for awhile (I have it in Epi RB) but I already have the PA so I feel like it's too much of the same thing... I would get mono but I'm not a fan of the fuchsia interior.

I really am disappointed with my Felicie in Monogram. I bought it about 3-4 years ago (don't remember the exact date, but it was a break up gift from me to me :cool:) and it really morphed in the time.
I haven't used it much, few time for traveling and storing small goods and for use as a small grab on clutch. Otherwise it was stored in its pouch in my bag closet at home.
At some point the front site started to get wavy and all the seams opened up (the sealing cracked open in the middle (everywhere) - the actual seams are still intact). The bag is of course still functional and you don't see it if not looking carefully, but it is really disappointing how it desintegrates over time.
I did brought it to LV for inspection how to get rid mainly of the (very) wavy front and they said it is actually inreparable and that it might be caused by exposion to humidity.
Can't really imaging how that should have happened. I live in Germany where it is not really superdamp, especially not in my bag closet and I have had it with in only once to Crete for a vacation, where you have a higher overall humidity, but even then, it was mainly in the room and not somewhere superdamp and it never got wet.
I have some LV bags and the most really are holding up really really well, some even from the 90ties. But this one really is the most disappointing one.

I’ve been looking at the Felicie in Rose Ballerine Vernis......Wondering if you all think it will be very partial to color transfer? I’ve not ever tried vernis before and the oink is very light colored....but so pretty, and just appeals to me more than the Epi in pink.....thank you for any thoughts! :flowers:

I really am disappointed with my Felicie in Monogram. I bought it about 3-4 years ago (don't remember the exact date, but it was a break up gift from me to me :cool:) and it really morphed in the time.
I haven't used it much, few time for traveling and storing small goods and for use as a small grab on clutch. Otherwise it was stored in its pouch in my bag closet at home.
At some point the front site started to get wavy and all the seams opened up (the sealing cracked open in the middle (everywhere) - the actual seams are still intact). The bag is of course still functional and you don't see it if not looking carefully, but it is really disappointing how it desintegrates over time.
I did brought it to LV for inspection how to get rid mainly of the (very) wavy front and they said it is actually inreparable and that it might be caused by exposion to humidity.
Can't really imaging how that should have happened. I live in Germany where it is not really superdamp, especially not in my bag closet and I have had it with in only once to Crete for a vacation, where you have a higher overall humidity, but even then, it was mainly in the room and not somewhere superdamp and it never got wet.
I have some LV bags and the most really are holding up really really well, some even from the 90ties. But this one really is the most disappointing one.

hmmm...that does not sound right, they did not offer to replace it? I live in a very humid climate (in summer), my Mono Felicie is only a year old but its mint....i never keep it snapped tho, i was warned by a kind tpf member, @EmmJay , that doing so could cause issues....so i am wondering if that is perhaps why yours is doing this?

hmmm...that does not sound right, they did not offer to replace it? I live in a very humid climate (in summer), my Mono Felicie is only a year old but its mint....i never keep it snapped tho, i was warned by a kind tpf member, @EmmJay , that doing so could cause issues....so i am wondering if that is perhaps why yours is doing this?

No, they said it was humidity, basically wrong storage or whatever. But it really is not humid where I live... I can‘t explain what happened with it and LV did not acknowledge it as being faulty though they admit it was very strange and they haven‘t seen it before (the SA showed it to someone who does repairs)...

That is also what I thought. Many people live in more humid regions and I have never read about anything similar here in TPF and I have been around for a long time and also do a lot of research reading before buying something...

But, it is interesting what you mentioned with the button... What might happen if the button is kept closed?

Reactions: jbags07
But, it is interesting what you mentioned with the button... What might happen if the button is kept closed?
I'm not sure if this is what jbags07 means, but I have the Epi Felicie and noticed that if I snap the button shut for storage (meaning there is nothing in the bag), then overtime it starts to dent in around the area where the button is (since you are always pressing it down). Now I never snap the button shut unless the bag is full with something solid behind the button.

I'm not sure if this is what jbags07 means, but I have the Epi Felicie and noticed that if I snap the button shut for storage (meaning there is nothing in the bag), then overtime it starts to dent in around the area where the button is (since you are always pressing it down). Now I never snap the button shut unless the bag is full with something solid behind the button.
Yes exactly so, plus i think i heard that it can wrinkle also....plus, when i do wear it, to open it i never directly unsnap it....i gently work the snap open by placing my hand in the gap....as i hear that snapping and unsnapping can cause issues also....

Reactions: fettfleck
No, they said it was humidity, basically wrong storage or whatever. But it really is not humid where I live... I can‘t explain what happened with it and LV did not acknowledge it as being faulty though they admit it was very strange and they haven‘t seen it before (the SA showed it to someone who does repairs)...

That is also what I thought. Many people live in more humid regions and I have never read about anything similar here in TPF and I have been around for a long time and also do a lot of research reading before buying something...

I am so sorry this happened to you, and that they will not replace it...as far as the snap, read the 2 posts above this....leave it unsnapped while in storage to avoid dents, and work the snap gently open by gliding your fingers rsther that just pulling the flap open, to avoid possible wrinkling and denting of the flap....

Reactions: fettfleck

I am so sorry this happened to you, and that they will not replace it...as far as the snap, read the 2 posts above this....leave it unsnapped while in storage to avoid dents, and work the snap gently open by gliding your fingers rsther that just pulling the flap open, to avoid possible wrinkling and denting of the flap....

Good thing to know. Thank you for posting!
It is really weird though why this is the only bag making that. It is such a plain design, that you won‘t expect it to morphe...

It is still usable and I don‘t think you notice it too much, but when you touch it you notice the waving...

I’ve been looking at the Felicie in Rose Ballerine Vernis......Wondering if you all think it will be very partial to color transfer? I’ve not ever tried vernis before and the oink is very light colored....but so pretty, and just appeals to me more than the Epi in pink.....thank you for any thoughts! :flowers:

Light coloured vernis is prone to color transfer. Have you thought about Epi instead maybe?

You will still have to be careful but epi isn’t porous like vernis. Vernis in general is prone to discolouration and colour transfer (for lighter colours).

Light coloured vernis is prone to color transfer. Have you thought about Epi instead maybe?

You will still have to be careful but epi isn’t porous like vernis. Vernis in general is prone to discolouration and colour transfer (for lighter colours).

sigh. I suspected as much. I just love the pink vernis tho....its stunning. The pink epi is pretty, but imo that vernis is :heart::heart::heart: But will not look good with color transfer for sure....thank you for your thoughts :flowers: