The "perfect" bbag: what does that mean to you

Hey guys , just a question! I've searched everywhere watching videos and talking with ppl and everyone always says the same......balenciaga bags will always have black stitching across the top of the inside tag and if it doesn't then it isn't authentic? But recently a balenciaga motorcycle bag was said to be real by an authenticator but it had pink stitching around the tag (metal plate) so is the whole black stitching not true for all bags? Is there exceptions sometimes? Thanks!

Hey guys , just a question! I've searched everywhere watching videos and talking with ppl and everyone always says the same......balenciaga bags will always have black stitching across the top of the inside tag and if it doesn't then it isn't authentic? But recently a balenciaga motorcycle bag was said to be real by an authenticator but it had pink stitching around the tag (metal plate) so is the whole black stitching not true for all bags? Is there exceptions sometimes? Thanks!

Top line is black, around - matching colour of the leather

Actually I don't think there was a comment made on the authenticity of this particular bag, When you posted in the AT thread earlier you hit reply on a comment that peacebabe made regarding a different bag in 2014. I know it can be confusing. Re post in the AT thread but scroll down to the bottom of the page where you'll see a box that says "write your reply". You might want to mention that you posted incorrectly and are re posting, so as to avoid confusion.

Actually I don't think there was a comment made on the authenticity of this particular bag, When you posted in the AT thread earlier you hit reply on a comment that peacebabe made regarding a different bag in 2014. I know it can be confusing. Re post in the AT thread but scroll down to the bottom of the page where you'll see a box that says "write your reply". You might want to mention that you posted incorrectly and are re posting, so as to avoid confusion.
I am very confused haha

As oldie collector I am, color must be rich and saturated and love chèvre in all its variants as well as their nappa leather. Fav leathers and colors from 01 to 04.
Yeah, I gotta agree with *aalinne" on this .. if you aren't familiar with the oldies (especially '01 through '05), you don't really "get" the leather and how - not only was the leather superb, but the color saturation was amazing .. and sadly, just can't be repeated with Agneau.

As you all know, I have an extensive collection, but .. I am still very picky about the leather .. and the color is important. I do love the Holiday Hamilton bags, especially as they age, they remind me more of the original Chevre but of course, with a more textured finish. I also always loved the Cameau (Camel) and Caribou leather; again - when aged, they are just sublime.

Nowadays, the only bags that I get, are the more rare editions .. saving up for the Blackout bag. Yeah, it's not traditional, but having seen the leather and especially how it ages?!?! .. NUM, NUM!!! That is the only bag that is on my list, per se ..

Very interesting question :smile:
Nine years ago, when my love affaire for Balenciaga Motorcycle bags began even me was not to much interested in leather quality or color saturation as I never had the chance of owning an oldie, but, once I got my very first one I felt in luv, sold all my other newest and till now.
Best oldies are currently in private collections and with new agneau leathers there are no posible comparison. Maybe all the new leathers are the same and there is nothing to chose from?. They all wear now kind of varnish coat finish in order to avoid fadding that imo gives a plastic look to the bag, for not talk about the poor quality agneau leathers they're using everytime.
Imo, best agneau quality leathers finished mainly in 2008 S/S Pre-Collection, lol.
On the other side I totally love their new grained chèvre leathers, from Hamilton to the latest ones, I think they're their latest big goals!.
I absolutely love all kind of old chèvre leathers from 01 to 04, their rich color saturation, their everything! :flowers::heart:

Yes, Yes and Yes .. to all those bold above!!!! :hugs::drinks: :wave:

Reactions: LostInBal