The perfect bag SULLY club!

I found one through Yoogis. I wanted a made in France bag but wound up getting one made in Spain. I am waiting for it to arrive. Delays due to weather. Do any of you think that a French date code makes a bag worth more?

No, I don’t think a made in France is worth more at all. If anything I appreciate Spain and Italy because fewer pieces come from there. I don’t care where they are made. I care they are authentic and in excellent condition, like mine was when i bought it preloved! It’s a great bag and if you have the newer strap like mine does, SUPER COMFORTABLE. Congratulations on your purchase.

I found one through Yoogis. I wanted a made in France bag but wound up getting one made in Spain. I am waiting for it to arrive. Delays due to weather. Do any of you think that a French date code makes a bag worth more?
Did you purchase the recently sold mm made in 2015? If you did, look out for the corners. I saw it too but there seems to be peeling issues in corners( 4th pic)

Did you purchase the recently sold mm made in 2015? If you did, look out for the corners. I saw it too but there seems to be peeling issues in corners( 4th pic)
Thank you for your advice. I did receive the bag and its in like new shape. Its a 2015 and I noticed that the canvas is different than my 2012 Sully PM. Softer like my newer bags. Normal?

After reading through some of these posts in regards to the thickness of the handle I feel as though my 2015 sully pm has a “thick” handle it’s pretty stiff and does not flex the other way. Maybe because I haven’t carried it much over the years? I’ve had it since 2015 used it a few times until last year when I started carrying it more. I honestly can’t imagine the handle being even thicker on the older models lol. I will post a pic later and maybe someone can let me know if it is the newer handle?

Please advise if you would get all the Vachetta replaced. Purse made in France 20th week of 2013.... I’m the original owner and purchased from LV. I’ve had the purse since 2013, got water marks and messed up the vachetta trying to clean it. Bag has the original thick handle and thick canvas. Should I do the repair and will my date stamp be removed?

Hi ! Did you get the sully bag replaced? Can you post pictures of the cracks

Sully did not come in GM size, MM and PM only.

That's incorrect. I have the GM. It was produced only when the bag was first released, and is no longer made. I bought it when it first came out.

She just arrived back from Paris, with a brand new handle, piping, and zipper tabs

If anyone in Chicago is considering a repair, DO IT. See Olivia at the Michigan Avenue store. She's lovely! I repaired this and my Pochette Accessoires (my first LV bought when I was in college), and she remained in touch with me the whole time. I never thought these bags could delight me so much TWICE in one lifetime, but it was like getting brand new purses when they came back!

Attachments

• IMG_20190519_092840.jpg
    IMG_20190519_092840.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20190519_092818.jpg
    IMG_20190519_092818.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_20190519_092803.jpg
    IMG_20190519_092803.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_20190519_092740.jpg
    IMG_20190519_092740.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20190519_092727.jpg
    IMG_20190519_092727.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
That's incorrect. I have the GM. It was produced only when the bag was first released, and is no longer made. I bought it when it first came out.

She just arrived back from Paris, with a brand new handle, piping, and zipper tabs

If anyone in Chicago is considering a repair, DO IT. See Olivia at the Michigan Avenue store. She's lovely! I repaired this and my Pochette Accessoires (my first LV bought when I was in college), and she remained in touch with me the whole time. I never thought these bags could delight me so much TWICE in one lifetime, but it was like getting brand new purses when they came back!
Your bag looks brand new!!
How long did it take for repairs and what is the cost if you do not mind sharing?
Sorry, I did not know GM size was available, bought mine years ago and SA said there were two sizes only..

Last edited:
Your bag looks brand new!!
How long did it take for repairs and what is the cost if you do not mind sharing?
Sorry, I did not know GM size was available, bought mine years ago and SA said there were two sizes only..

No worries at all! I certainly don't keep up with the minutiae of EVERY LV model out there either :biggrin:

I dropped my bags off in late February and got them back a couple weeks ago, so it probably took about 6-8 weeks. I had ALL the vachetta replaced on my Sully, including the handle and the hoops that attach the handle to the bag. It cost $720. They said they are standardizing the pricing for repairs, I *think* based on size (GM, MM, PM), but don't quote me on that.

Also, it was $720, TOTAL--no additional sales tax and no shipping or any other charges.

(for the pochette, I got a new strap, zipper pull, and the little vachetta tabs which attach to the bag on either end replaced for a total of $120)

For what it's worth, my new handle looks exactly the same in terms of the thickness as my original handle. I do plan to treat the leather this time around. (from what i've read, this Black Rock Leather N' Rich stuff still seems to be the go-to, and I've used it on my other LVs including my Noe, but if anyone has any other recommendations, I'm totally open/interested: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B008B70CRA/)

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask! I'm not shy about sharing!!

No worries at all! I certainly don't keep up with the minutiae of EVERY LV model out there either :biggrin:

I dropped my bags off in late February and got them back a couple weeks ago, so it probably took about 6-8 weeks. I had ALL the vachetta replaced on my Sully, including the handle and the hoops that attach the handle to the bag. It cost $720. They said they are standardizing the pricing for repairs, I *think* based on size (GM, MM, PM), but don't quote me on that.

Also, it was $720, TOTAL--no additional sales tax and no shipping or any other charges.

(for the pochette, I got a new strap, zipper pull, and the little vachetta tabs which attach to the bag on either end replaced for a total of $120)

For what it's worth, my new handle looks exactly the same in terms of the thickness as my original handle. I do plan to treat the leather this time around. (from what i've read, this Black Rock Leather N' Rich stuff still seems to be the go-to, and I've used it on my other LVs including my Noe, but if anyone has any other recommendations, I'm totally open/interested: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B008B70CRA/)

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask! I'm not shy about sharing!!
I think it totally worth it, your bag looks like new!

Reactions: rachbu
Late to the party but have been thinking of getting this bag when I sold my Berri MM. I’ve only been collecting LV the last few years and hadn’t realized that the Berri style was actually meant as a kind of replacement for the Sully, so no wonder I’ve had my eye on it. The quintessential hobo as we know is no longer available new at the stores, so pre-loved is my strategy. Bought the PM size on Yoogi’s (and it’s due to arrive tomorrow!) However, to brace myself for what might be an immediate disappointment in sizing, does anyone else have the PM while also having a 5’9 frame like mine? I know I could easily carry the MM off well but is the PM a possibility or would it appear silly looking on such a tall gal. Thanks!