The Longchamp Penelope thread

Did anyone here snag the damaged blue Penelope Fantaisie on ebay? I was really tempted, as I knew it would go low, and It seems like the scratches could be at least partially camouflaged with polish and soft buffing...would never be perfect but could be improved for sure.

Did anyone here snag the damaged blue Penelope Fantaisie on ebay? I was really tempted, as I knew it would go low, and It seems like the scratches could be at least partially camouflaged with polish and soft buffing...would never be perfect but could be improved for sure.

I tried but did not bid high enough.

Has anyone tried Apple guard or anything like that on their Penelope? I got the Fantaisie in taupe for Christmas and I'm scared to spray it but I'm also scared to use it! Haha!

Has anyone tried Apple guard or anything like that on their Penelope? I got the Fantaisie in taupe for Christmas and I'm scared to spray it but I'm also scared to use it! Haha!
Yes, I sprayed my sandy Penelope w/Apple Guard. I didn't bother with the black and terra-cotta. Suede does make me a bit more nervous though!

Reactions: nsl

I have an Ebony medium Penelope and did not spray it. However I would probably at least spray the suede on the fantaisie. You should test on small, unseen area first if you can, or check with LC to make sure this style can be sprayed. I am unsure how the smooth leather would handle it.

Reactions: nsl
I love the new Penelope models with the different types of leather!! Especially the beige/ black one :heart:
The Penelope Soft models are gorgeous as well :love:

I owned a black/blue Penelope Fantaisie up to 5 minutes ago. Just gave the beauty to my mom cos she will def get more use out of her than I did! The leather is soooooooo soft, ahh! I'm glad she has a new, happy home :smile:

Before I gave my mom my Penelope, she asked me if the straps/ handles were super sturdy. Since I didn't wear the bag too often, I could only say "I think they'll be fine". I personally never noticed any wear and tear or issues.

My question to all avid Penelope carriers: Any wear and tear experiences with the straps/ handles? Did they ever rip? Or is the leather super safe and not prone to tearing easily?

Thanks in advance :smile: xx

Before I gave my mom my Penelope, she asked me if the straps/ handles were super sturdy. Since I didn't wear the bag too often, I could only say "I think they'll be fine". I personally never noticed any wear and tear or issues.

My question to all avid Penelope carriers: Any wear and tear experiences with the straps/ handles? Did they ever rip? Or is the leather super safe and not prone to tearing easily?

Thanks in advance :smile: xx

Don't quote me on it, since I've used my penelope only a few times...but I found the leather handles to be super soft and quite sturdy! Since I own the large tote, I love how nicely the handles sit on my shoulder. Hope your mom will enjoy using the bag!