The PEARL Lovers Thread!

I like all my pearls studs - 8mm akoya, 9mm akoya, 11mm Tahitian and 12mm Gold South Sea! My Tahitians are silver/ dark grey and I'm now thinking of getting colorful ones...
Your collection is fantastic! I only have one pair of tahitians - 9mm and 2 freshies-one lavender 7.5mm and another white. I am now debating whether to get 7.5 hanadama or a second pair of tahitians with a light body color or maybe a pair of south seas.

I have a pair of white Akoya 10-10.5mm, pink Akoya 10mm, Chocolate Tahitians 11mm, Tahitian 8mm w/small diamonds, White South Sea 10mm, light butter cream Golden South Sea 11mm & a couple of white Akoya with diamonds 6.5mm that I don't wear anymore. I'm looking to get a larger pair of white South Sea in 12mm in either a stud or a drop to go with a white South Sea pendant I have. I'm trying to find a pair that will go with the silvery orient of the pearl in the pendant. I'm also looking to upgrade the color of the golden's to a deeper shade & getting another pair of Tahitian studs in 12mm.

Reactions: Joule and suchi
I have a pair of white Akoya 10-10.5mm, pink Akoya 10mm, Chocolate Tahitians 11mm,Tahitian 8mm w/small diamonds, White South Sea 10mm, litght butter cream Golden South Sea 11mm & a couple of white Akoya with diamonds 6.5mm that I don't wear anymore. I'm looking to get a larger pair of white South Sea in 12mm in either a stud or a drop to go with a white South Sea pendant I have. I'm trying to find a pair that will go with the silvery orient of the pearl in the pendant. I'm also looking to upgrade the color of the golden's to a deeper shade & getting another pair of Tahitian studs in 12mm.
Ohhhh you have my dream pearl stud collection. Till early last year I had no idea about different types of pearls (I thought they are white and round) and then, after browsing the Pricescope pearl forum, I became addicted. I still can't carry a full strand though. I am happy with studs and pendants. My wishlist is so long, it will take years to collect the pieces I want.

Reactions: cdtracing
My lobes are also small, I don't know, .46cttw diamond studs looks decent on me. In Pearls, on my ears 9mm seems huge and 7.5-8 seems small. I don't know what to do!

I don't have large lobes either but I have found I like larger earrings as I've gotten older. I have long hair that I wear down most of the time & have found larger studs show up better against my dark hair. I'm also 5'10" tall & can carry larger jewelry. Small petite jewelry disappears on me. ;) In time, you will find a size stud that suits you & you're comfortable wearing. Enjoy wearing your pearls. You can always upgrade later.:hugs:

Reactions: suchi
Ohhhh you have my dream pearl stud collection. Till early last year I had no idea about different types of pearls (I thought they are white and round) and then, after browsing the Pricescope pearl forum, I became addicted. I still can't carry a full strand though. I am happy with studs and pendants. My wishlist is so long, it will take years to collect the pieces I want.

Yes, your collection will continue to grow with time. Mine certainly has. I'm so addicted that I have pearls I've never worn. DH think it's funny & asks if I will ever wear them. I tell him eventually, with the right outfit. :lol: Honestly, I love pearls so much, especially Tahitians, I could crawl into a big vat of them & just roll around.

Yes, your collection will continue to grow with time. Mine certainly has. I'm so addicted that I have pearls I've never worn. DH think it's funny & asks if I will ever wear them. I tell him eventually, with the right outfit. :lol: Honestly, I love pearls so much, especially Tahitians, I could crawl into a big vat of them & just roll around.

You could go Scrooge McDuck and get a vault of pearls!
scrooge-mcduck-swimming-in-money.jpg

I already have three strands which I am not able to adjust with present clothes. Either I need new Pearls or new clothes..... Hmmmm

Reactions: Joule and cdtracing
To all pearl lovers here, what is your favorite color and size of pearls for stud earrings?
I love them all. Pearls make up the bulk of my collection. I have a pair of white with rose overtone Mikimoto studs set in a yellow gold design that get a lot of wear. I also have another 7mm pair of akoyas with .10 ctw diamonds that I wear for work and 9 mm silver-grey Tahitian studs with smaller diamonds. I have two pairs of pearl drops in the everyday rotation: white South Seas on yellow gold leverbacks and Tahitians on white gold hooks. In my travel case, I have a pair of white 10 mm freshwater studs and slightly larger white freshwater drops. I'm on the lookout for a pair of golden South Sea drops and a plain pair of 8 mm Mikimoto studs. Then I'll be finished.

For a few minutes, anyway.

Maybe.

Reactions: cdtracing and suchi