The other five letter bad word...GUILT...

I really don't feel guilty. I know it is extreme but I don't feel guilty. Both DH and I work our butts off, make good money and bags are my vice. My husband on the other hand likes his iPhone, giant plasma TV and a $4000 computer. I just figure that we all have things that we love and want to spend money on.

I completely feel you... I think i'm living in a state of denial at exactly how much these handbags are, I have never totaled the cost of all my bags b/c i really don't want to know:shame:. It could buy so much else, hell in some countries living expenses for a year! Not to mention the state of the economy right now (my portfolio has suffered greatly) and it hurts, but have I stopped buying bags....uh...NO!

But I think what tics me off most is the arbitrary price increases, aside from the decline of the dollar, what really justifies $2650 for the Jumbo that was $1000+ a few years ago and most of the S/S stuff is right around $3K. It's highway robbery! I have managed to ban myself a few times, then the new season comes, ugh.

For me $4000 is a bit too much for one. On the other hand,I would get two for that much. :tup: I'd be twice as happy. :P But my next one I am trying to locate is around $2800. That 4gr you mentioned is not that far away!!! This is like any other addiction.
The better stuff(Chanel)you want,the more $$$ you're gonna pay!!

Well...it was the larger black ladybraid tote..and with taxes it may sound better to say 3999.00. I think when it goes to the 4 mark it is disturbing. I like to convice myself it is a piece of artwork that you can carry around to be enjoyed everyday if need be! Yeah, okay, keep convincing myself but how many bags would i end up buying to try and replace the bag I really was in love with:heart: (for now)

Totally with you on the guilt part for spending US$4,000 on a bag. And it's good to have the guilt.

I did a quick sum on how much I have spent so far on Chanel. It's only Feb 2008 and I am already talking about US$7,780 (four items here)!!! Granted, two of the items are sales items, one is a wedding present for my dear sister. Still US$7,780!!!!!

So I guess it's good to have a reality check. I now keep a journal of all my Chanel purchases and look at them whenever I am about to go crazy. Except of course I am planning to purchase two or more reissues. And then of course if I see the Union Jack flap...... and there's also the sale seasons and I am already gathering info on the RTW! :sweatdrop: I cut down on other of my purchases. The only brands I go for these days are Chanel and Burberry. I wear really inexpensive shoes (picked up two pairs of gorgeous heels for a grand total of US$37) and clothes.

Maybe I need help as well...

yeah, think over 3000 for a bag is getting out of hand, I'm trying to tell myself, I won't do it. I'd do it for a Bottega, before a Chanel for sure. Think the Chanels are coming out too fast, and I worry about the quality.

I refuse to pay the price increases and instead have been perusing (stalking) ebay on a daily basis. The associated guilt with paying the increases may be enough to send me to an early grave, and I'm not yet ready to die!

Same here- but sadly two years ago I would have said the same thing about spending $500 on a bag- now $500 is a steal....ughhh...I love my purses but I miss those days. I hope I never get to the point where spending thousands on a purse doesn't make me feel guilty at least for a little while because with that guilt comes an appreciation for the purse and an understanding that it's an investment to be cherished, not just another "thing" I own.

you said it! I do feel guilty about some of my purchases - my most expensive (a Chanel) was close to $3K, and I felt guilty for weeks! But now whenever I carry my LVs I'm not afraid to beat them up since they're my 'lesser' bags! lol! that's so not good....:Push:

I've never felt guilty about buying anything before, but now that I buy so many expensive bags on a regular basis, the older bags NEVER get used any longer and THAT makes me guilty.

I've never understood being able to sell you handbags on eBay but I'm thinking I'm understanding the concept more and more now. Sell old, never worn.. to buy new and show off!:wlae:

Guilt is what is making me Chanel-less to date. That plus the fact that I take the MRT to everywhere and so can't really see my future reissue being squished by the crowds in a packed train. So my joy over Chanel's beautiful merchandise have all been from oogling all you lovely ladies' beautiful stuff! ;)