The One Bag Challenge????

Challenge met and then some. I have been carrying the same bag everyday for almost an entire year. I don't own tons of designer bags, because I can't afford to buy something for hundreds if not thousands of dollars only to carry it a few times.

Couldn't do it -- there is no way that I could leave the house with a black bag and brown shoes or vice versa. Could not, would not.

Since I was 12-13 years old I have always had at least 1 black, 1 brown, 1 tan, 1 burgundy bag. Usually one with silver hardware and one with gold colored.

Handbags are accessories and provide the extra to the style. I believe that handbags should be changed according to the outfit, weather and mood. There is no way in heaven I would carry a "loud" bag to work which is conservative in nature.

What I do is that I rotate a set of bags according to my needs and outfits. I have two main conservative designer bags for work and then for all other purposes I add my fun designer bags for the weekend activities. I love matching and changing.

Just examine what is being lost in your bag transfers. Buy a bag organizer, have mini bags inside your main bag, stick to some ground bags and you are set. That is all you need to do!

I think I could handle it...if I really loved the bag. I tend to carry a bag until I'm tired of it, though that's starting to change as I grow fond of increasingly expensive bags.

Very Interesting Question. It would be hard.... I think this past season I could have done it with the Marc Jacobs Python Stam with the Gold chain handle. Still classy, but still cool. I need to get one of those!!

jewelqueen, that is a great question but one bag for three months is tough. what about two bags... one for day and another for evening (when you need it)? that may be a bit easier

:shame: Boy do I feel like a total goof.

I can easily find one beautifully made handbag and carry it happily for months without a break. I tend to stick to black/brown/neutrals in both clothes and bags, adding color and pattern with either jewelry or scarves.

When I go out, I make my DH put my lipstick in his pocket, then he's got CC, cash, and house keys, so I don't even carry an evening bag.

I feel in need of remedial handbag therapy now.

:shame: I am also one who carries the same bag for a few months and during that time, I am always looking for the next bag:nuts: . (See Scored in Chicago thread) I think I am also one who would end up without something important because it was in another bag. Just too much of a headache transferring all my junk. (but who knows, maybe that will change since I just received my box from Saks):yahoo: