The Official Dam* HH Everything About Color Thread

Wow - love the pics. You make the leather in the yam tharpe look just yummy. I was wondering how the yam shine would compare with regular yam.

Sally, Gingey is the only one I know who already owns a yam shine handbag. She is "on radio silence" at the moment, but when she comes back online maybe she can do a comparative shot for us.

Thanks RMC. I'm not desperate to find out as I don't think I'll be ordering anything yam or shiny in the next while. It looks (from the photo) as if it's a different texture leather as well - maybe glazed?

WOW !! I got goosebumps reading RMc's first post here. DAM you're good LOL ! To be able to distill and differentiate in such a clear manner is amazing to me. This is becoming a real workshop !
(lots more to add when time allows)

Originally Posted by pursegal
can i ask what type of colors in outfits look nice? i have a bb sloane that I do not think I wear enough because I am bad w/ matching it to my outfits... i'm kind of lame that way.... can ya help a HH Hottie out? lol

First off. Realize that the Blueberry Sloane is a different color from the Blueberry Trophy.

I had a Sloane BB that I sold because the blue had a bit of green in it - and it was difficult for me to work into my wardrobe. This may be the way the lamb leather took the dye. For painters and artists, one would say this blueberry was a "cobalt blue greyed down". In fashion, it is close to Yale Blue. As you will see by the second swatch. the color formula for Yale Blue (in monitor land) is almost 2 parts blue to 1 part green with just a small percentage of Red. If you remember from a previous post, if you add a smidge of the color opposite on a color wheel, it will in effect "muddy" or "grey" a color (your choice of term, LOL).

cobaltblue.jpg

YaleBlue.jpg

Blueberry Sloane (This is actually a bit bluer than the bag was IRL. It was a bit greener to the blue):

58pocketdetail.jpg

The BB Trophy is not so much HH Blueberry (of past). It is a true, rich "Flag Blue". It goes great with most of my wardrobe. I have worn it with khaki, natural linen, white (of course), black, gray and the lighter tobacco/caramel browns I favor in the summer. Those are my basic pants/jackets/shorts colors. Then I pop colors with those in tops, cardis, shoes etc. The ones I use as secondary colors with the Blueberry: yellow, coral, red, terracotta, sage, maize, tangerine, kelley green, baby blue, pale aqua, lavendar, lime (stunning with lime or kiwi), citron. I suppose I should mention that it goes great with a strong pink, but I don't wear pink, so I can't really qualify that one.

In my opinion, the SS 09 Blueberry has almost half the green in it's blue that AW 08's blueberry had. I would compare it to American Flag Blue in its hue (color recipe), but a bit lighter a shade (saturation of color...perhaps not as "navy" as some American flags, LOL).

Blueberry Trophy (Taken fresh out of the box under flourescent light):

blueberrytrophyIRLoffice.jpg

Blueberry Trophy in direct sunlight, from back to give you idea of the wonderful leather:

P1010033.jpg

Blueberry Trophy in natural light showing the Flag Blue. I placed it next to my Black Zeus Trophy to show the blue's "darkness" measurement. It is a medium value (see definition in next post). Not a deep navy. Not a bright royal blue, either.

P1010027.jpg

I am LOVING all this color information!
I hope this is a good place to post some color photos I took tonight - My original yam Tharpe and my new Yam Emile Indexer wallet. The new Yam feels tougher and less smooshy than the Tharpe, but I don't think this is a bad thing in a wallet. It is still a beautiful leather.

I also got 2 wallets in aubergine - not sure I'll keep both, but they do look good with the Byrne I got during the auctions. Again none of my aubergine things are smooshy as other HH items.

In keeping with the Yummy Yammie Society, here is the link to Jenni's amazing photography of the various yam shades:

http://forum.purseblog.com/hayden-harnett/yam-luggage-saddle-comparisons-498999.html

Gingey, can you assist with yam shine? Send me photos and I will post.