The New DESIRE~What do you think??

I have the same bag; it arrived today. I must say your picture of it is fabulous!! I love the distressed lambskin and the heavenly smell.
I have been wearing this bag for a couple of days now and it is very comfortable and functional. I love the smell, too. I had been wearing a Balenciaga City bag and this one is very similar. I did take it to my cobbler to have the strap shortened, though. I just like the strap on my City better and really didn't like the long strap. I shortened it to the length of the strap on my City and it is working out well. I love the pale pink, it's so neutral, but probably will show the dirt. I am going to spray it with Apple Guard. I actually put LMB Miracle Sheild on the bottom and For Handles Only on the handles to give it some protection. Well, enjoy your new bag.

Coral colorway on Nordstrom -- the color is so delicious and the detail looks subtle because there isn't the color contrast. When I first saw it, the step-up shape of the stop reminded me of a pagoda, and I was really taken. But the photo in the OP shows the "Western" inspiration and I'm not really into that.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/rebecca-minkoff-desire-satchel/3280899

Attachments

• _6906250.jpg
    _6906250.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 596
i'm in love with this bag. i'm craving a balenciaga city but that's not really an option with my student budget! i love rebecca minkoff and the little balenciaga resemblance - this bag would be a perfect next bag to buy for me :smile: pretty!

It's lovely. Reminds me of my Balenciaga Vieux Rose City.....
Please share mod shots...

I fell in love with the Pale Pink DESIRE. This is a new style and I thought I would give it a try. When it arrived, it was love at first sight. I have a Black BALENCIAGA City bag and this one reminds me of the City. It seems to have been styled after the City. It is a satchel style with a longer strap for crossbody wear. It is in a very soft, smooshy leather - lovely and with a wonderful feel to it. Not quite Balenciaga, but I actually, like it better and it sure was a lot cheaper than my BBag - it has a bit more structure than a City, but probably will soften up with wear. I have been wearing Balenciaga and LV, but recently have fallen in love with RM and I have decided to switch. I have a NIkki ordered and a MAM, but take a look at this wonderful DESIRE. Anybody drooling after a Balenciaga, might try this one. It, also, comes in Brown, but I just love the Pink.

003.jpg

congrats on your gorgeous new desires ladies!!! :woohoo: although i wish it didn't have the buckles on the handles (IMO it would look more chic with just solid double handles) ..... i think RM sometimes puts a little too much detailing on her bags! this one's not for me, but that doesn't mean i don't think it's absolutely gorgeous!!

this one is on its way to me right now & hopefully it'll arrive today!! AND i really hope i love it, since i've only seen it online.
I know you are going to love this bag. I have had mine for a couple of months and I STILL love it & that is strange for me. Usually I tire easily. It does remind me of my City bag, but I, actually, like it better. It has more structure which makes it a bit more functional and easy to deal with. I sprayed it with Apple Guard and it doesn't seem to be picking up the dirt - staying pretty true to color. The leather is so nice, no not quite a BBag, but I love it anyway and it sure was a lot cheaper than my BBag.

I know you are going to love this bag. I have had mine for a couple of months and I STILL love it & that is strange for me. Usually I tire easily. It does remind me of my City bag, but I, actually, like it better. It has more structure which makes it a bit more functional and easy to deal with. I sprayed it with Apple Guard and it doesn't seem to be picking up the dirt - staying pretty true to color. The leather is so nice, no not quite a BBag, but I love it anyway and it sure was a lot cheaper than my BBag.

i absolute love it & i wear it all the time - even to my one class that only require me to bring a notebook! the first time i used it i wore dark (already washed) jeans and the color rubbed off on the bag.. it's on the back so it doesn't bother me that much. any idea how i can wash it away?

I saw the Viola purple on Bloomies site, and I;m thinking this just might be my birthday bag. Is that a false pocket under the flap on the front? I can't see how it could be a real pocket. Any clarification from one of the lucky owners of this gorgeous bag?

Has anybody seen the new woven Desires in person yet? That pink/chocolate combo on the Nordys website looks yummy, it reminds me of strawberry and chocolate ice cream. I wonder what it looks like in real life.

Attachments

• desire.jpg
    desire.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 410
My Whipstitch Desire in brown arrived today, and I love it even more than I thought I would. The size is perfect for me, the leather seems like it will break in really well, and the details are so fun. It definitely has a western vibe, which I really like.

This is my first attempt at sharing a picture, so I hope it works...
IMG_1575.jpg

This is beautiful MichTD!
My Whipstitch Desire in brown arrived today, and I love it even more than I thought I would. The size is perfect for me, the leather seems like it will break in really well, and the details are so fun. It definitely has a western vibe, which I really like.

This is my first attempt at sharing a picture, so I hope it works...
IMG_1575.jpg

these bags look very nice...I wish I could see one IRL....maybe I'll check local Nordies.
If it's lambskin it should be soft, right?
But looks quite structured the way it sits up straight.