the MOST practical Hermes bag....help!

I saw some pictures of a Victoria? It's like a tote bag. Birkin is big like 30 or 35 and I would like to compare it with the Victoria, Kelly 32 or Bolide 37 or Massai .. you know size with size comparison. So that the usuage will be the same?

I am intrigued by Victoria, what are your thoughts about it? Good, .. bad?

Princessfrog, the Victoria is a perfect worry-free tote. I have posted some pics but forgot which thread.

Princessfrog, the Victoria is a perfect worry-free tote. I have posted some pics but forgot which thread.
My Peko: I think I found it. :smile: It's so pretty! :love:
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/got-the-victoria-ii-pm-today-57311.html

attachment.php

The Bolide might be the perfect compromise. I knew nothing about Bolides until I joined this forum. All I knew about were Birkins and Kellys. I now own a Kelly and thanks purely to HiHeels enthusiastic thread, the most beautiful Bolide. I don't have a Birkin yet but I'm hoping...

I can only compare my 35cm Kelly and my 31cm Bolide. On the whole, I find the Bolide more practical. The zip means that it is so easy to get in and out while it is perched on your shoulder, unlike my Kelly which is a little more 'clumsy'. Also, when the Boide is unzipped, it retains it shape and appears closed unlike my Kelly which dangles open, so I feel a bit less prey to pickpockets with my Bolide and also, it just looks neater, open, than the Kelly. The zip goes a long way round so it is easy to get at everything in your bag. It can be operated one-handedly; I usually need 2 hands for Kelly. Also, overall, it is quicker, in and out, compared to Kelly. If you like the shape of the Birkin, then the Bolide has the 2 handles, the cloche and padlock, it's just the streamlined curve that makes it unique. I also have a Massai which is very comfortable and practical but I do find the access can be a little more difficult compared to my Bolide, the double zips are more awkward and can catch your hand and there is less room and access into the bag compared to a Bolide. My Bolide is stiff leather in 31cm but I love it so much, I am considering getting a mou version in 37cm as a travel bag, that will have to wait until after my Birkin...

Bolide and Kelly are the most practical, IMO.

I love both bags. If you want something that has the "wow" factor of a Birkin but that's lighter, can go day-into-evening and casual or elegant, Kelly is your bag.

The Bolide is a beautiful, classic workhorse bag that is a little more practical, but also more "under-the-radar."

I have both Kellys and Birkins. Kellys are not as user friendly for me. I find myself pulling the Birkin out more often because it is easier to carry, except for that lack of shoulder strap. The closure on the Kelly keeps me from carrying them more. Perhaps a Bolide is the all around user friendly one? Easy to reach into, close, and shoulder strap option along with the feminine hand held option too.

Hubby says Birkin is most practical and Kelly is most feminine. He hates the Bolide.

Anyone have an Omnibus?

Based on my (very informal) research it seems many men really like the Kelly.
As for practicality, I have never owned a Bolide or a Birkin, so I can't really comment on them. But I use one of my Kellys everyday, and I find them to be practical. I like the shoulder strap as an option, and I like it even better when worn messenger style for ease of use. I prefer the look of the Kelly all strapped up and handheld however.
A compromise for me is holding it in the crook of one arm, but this looks better to me if the Kelly isn't too big (28 or under). I don't carry a lot of stuff with me, so I prefer smaller Kellys. I can barely fill a Kelly 32 with my daily things.

The Bolide might be the perfect compromise. I knew nothing about Bolides until I joined this forum. All I knew about were Birkins and Kellys. I now own a Kelly and thanks purely to HiHeels enthusiastic thread, the most beautiful Bolide. I don't have a Birkin yet but I'm hoping...

I can only compare my 35cm Kelly and my 31cm Bolide. On the whole, I find the Bolide more practical. The zip means that it is so easy to get in and out while it is perched on your shoulder, unlike my Kelly which is a little more 'clumsy'. Also, when the Boide is unzipped, it retains it shape and appears closed unlike my Kelly which dangles open, so I feel a bit less prey to pickpockets with my Bolide and also, it just looks neater, open, than the Kelly. The zip goes a long way round so it is easy to get at everything in your bag. It can be operated one-handedly; I usually need 2 hands for Kelly. Also, overall, it is quicker, in and out, compared to Kelly. If you like the shape of the Birkin, then the Bolide has the 2 handles, the cloche and padlock, it's just the streamlined curve that makes it unique. I also have a Massai which is very comfortable and practical but I do find the access can be a little more difficult compared to my Bolide, the double zips are more awkward and can catch your hand and there is less room and access into the bag compared to a Bolide. My Bolide is stiff leather in 31cm but I love it so much, I am considering getting a mou version in 37cm as a travel bag, that will have to wait until after my Birkin...

After reading that a couple of DHs don't care for Bolides, I thought it might be worth adding that my DH loves my Bolide and says he far prefers it to my Kelly, LOL. :yes: