the Millionaire Matchmaker

agreed! Patty claims to have a "very high success rate" but so far in NY all I've see are failures...

I wouldn't be surprised if in her private business she was very successful. She seems to have a good eye for chemistry and who people should pick. She can pinpoint people's problems right away and really is knowledgable. However, once she started her show it became about ratings. They needed to get millionaires that would be interesting and bring in viewers. Also, more millionaires wanted to come on to promote their businesses and selves rather than truly find love. If you go by just her show, I'd say her success rate is close to zero.

Hay peeps. I know I missed last week, I was too busy floating around and pondering what kind of product Destin uses in his hair. Pomade? Wax? Gel? Life's important questions.

Anywhoozle, FFJD ("Fifty First (J)Dates") interviewed Robin Kasser, of Haute PR and tonight's Millionaire Matchmaker esp for your eyeballs' pleasure.

First, I will begin with Robin's declaration of FFJD love: "I literally have fallen on the floor laughing while reading your live blogging of the Millionaire Matchmaker and am honored that you are interviewing me!"

Robin, we are just as happy to have you.

FFJD: What is Patti really like?

Robin Kassner: Patti is a barracuda in a minidress. She's very blunt and doesn't mince words. I admire her as a successful businesswoman who says what she means and tells it like it is. She's a no-nonsense woman who excels at her field so I can relate to her in that respect.

She really does have an innate ability for matchmaking and I've recommended her services to many of my single friends.

FFJD: Do you think you were represented well or fairly?

RK: They filmed me for three weeks and then they spliced and diced it to create a compelling story. It's a reality show on Bravo so their job in the editing room is to create maximum drama.

I haven't seen the show yet but from the previews I would say I was portrayed in a way that communicated an exciting story. The previews make me look superficial but in real life I just a simple Connecticut girl making it in a big-city world.

FFJD: what was it like to go on a date on camera?

RK: I loved going on a date on camera. My life is like a TV show anyway, so having a film crew around was kind of like second nature. It's hard to get to know your date with a camera crew right there. It's like a romantic, candlelit dinner with you, your date and 30 of your closest friends!

FFJD: Are you still dating the guy you chose for your master date?

You have to watch the show to find out.

FFJD: Who do you like more, Destin or Rachel? Did you get to meet their baby?

RK: I really like Destin. He is supersweet and let's face it, the man has a fabulous head of hair! He tried to put me at ease before I had to talk to Patti at my mixer.

I didn't get a chance to meet their baby Sin Halo or talk with Rachel as much but she seems like a sultry retro 50's pinup and I think Destin and Rachel make a cute alterna-couple.

FFJD: What's a mixer really like?

RK: Some people would be intimidated by walking into a room full of people they don't know. At Haute PR, I attend parties for a living, so it is second-nature to me. I walked in, Patti said, "Meet my Millionaires" and I said "Hi Guys" and I had arrived.

I was born to go on mixers. It felt surreal like I was on an episode of The Bachelor. I wasn't sure if I would find true love at the mixer, but I figured the worst thing that would happen is I would walk away with a bunch of new friends.

I still hang out with many of the people from the Millionaire Matchmaker and many are close friends.

Robin has not seen the episode, but she sent us her thoughts on Patti calling her "delusional":

Patti called me delusional and I took it as a compliment. Truly successful people have to be somewhat delusional. Only delusional people change the world. Being realistic is the easiest path to mediocrity. People thought getting in a metal tube and flying around the world was unrealistic, but the Wright Brothers didn't think so. People thought flicking a switch and filling the room with light was delusional, but Thomas Edison didn't think so. As a young woman, I run one of the most successful beauty and fashion PR firms in New York, I own a fabulous apartment in Manhattan, I drive a Mercedes and live the life I love. Most people would think those goals were delusional, but luckily, I am go after my dreams.

For more information on Robin Kassner, CEO of Haute PR, go to Hautpr.com and follow Haute on Facebook and Twitter.

Hay peeps. I know I missed last week, I was too busy floating around and pondering what kind of product Destin uses in his hair. Pomade? Wax? Gel? Life's important questions.

Anywhoozle, FFJD ("Fifty First (J)Dates") interviewed Robin Kasser, of Haute PR and tonight's Millionaire Matchmaker esp for your eyeballs' pleasure.

First, I will begin with Robin's declaration of FFJD love: "I literally have fallen on the floor laughing while reading your live blogging of the Millionaire Matchmaker and am honored that you are interviewing me!"

Robin, we are just as happy to have you.

FFJD: What is Patti really like?

Robin Kassner: Patti is a barracuda in a minidress. She's very blunt and doesn't mince words. I admire her as a successful businesswoman who says what she means and tells it like it is. She's a no-nonsense woman who excels at her field so I can relate to her in that respect.

She really does have an innate ability for matchmaking and I've recommended her services to many of my single friends.

FFJD: Do you think you were represented well or fairly?

RK: They filmed me for three weeks and then they spliced and diced it to create a compelling story. It's a reality show on Bravo so their job in the editing room is to create maximum drama.

I haven't seen the show yet but from the previews I would say I was portrayed in a way that communicated an exciting story. The previews make me look superficial but in real life I just a simple Connecticut girl making it in a big-city world.

RK: I loved going on a date on camera. My life is like a TV show anyway, so having a film crew around was kind of like second nature. It's hard to get to know your date with a camera crew right there. It's like a romantic, candlelit dinner with you, your date and 30 of your closest friends!

FFJD: Are you still dating the guy you chose for your master date?

You have to watch the show to find out.

FFJD: Who do you like more, Destin or Rachel? Did you get to meet their baby?

RK: I really like Destin. He is supersweet and let's face it, the man has a fabulous head of hair! He tried to put me at ease before I had to talk to Patti at my mixer.

I didn't get a chance to meet their baby Sin Halo or talk with Rachel as much but she seems like a sultry retro 50's pinup and I think Destin and Rachel make a cute alterna-couple.

FFJD: What's a mixer really like?

RK: Some people would be intimidated by walking into a room full of people they don't know. At Haute PR, I attend parties for a living, so it is second-nature to me. I walked in, Patti said, "Meet my Millionaires" and I said "Hi Guys" and I had arrived.

I was born to go on mixers. It felt surreal like I was on an episode of The Bachelor. I wasn't sure if I would find true love at the mixer, but I figured the worst thing that would happen is I would walk away with a bunch of new friends.

I still hang out with many of the people from the Millionaire Matchmaker and many are close friends.

Robin has not seen the episode, but she sent us her thoughts on Patti calling her "delusional":

Patti called me delusional and I took it as a compliment. Truly successful people have to be somewhat delusional. Only delusional people change the world. Being realistic is the easiest path to mediocrity. People thought getting in a metal tube and flying around the world was unrealistic, but the Wright Brothers didn't think so. People thought flicking a switch and filling the room with light was delusional, but Thomas Edison didn't think so. As a young woman, I run one of the most successful beauty and fashion PR firms in New York, I own a fabulous apartment in Manhattan, I drive a Mercedes and live the life I love. Most people would think those goals were delusional, but luckily, I am go after my dreams.

For more information on Robin Kassner, CEO of Haute PR, go to Hautpr.com and follow Haute on Facebook and Twitter.

Yeah, she's goofy but I kind of admire her attitude. :smile:

Bet she's going to try for a reality show. Any takers?

I don't know how Robin could say she is comfortable at mixers and does PR for a living. I don't need to go to mixers every week or do PR to know that men, whether potential dates or not, would lose interest in conversation with me in two minutes if I talked about purses, shopping and One Life To Live. They would run, not walk away. WTH, why would she talk about her pink room and Hello Kitty to any guy. No wonder she is single. Nothing to do with her weight, if she was size 3 she would come off to men at ditzy and superficial. Only difference is that they would still try to get her into bed before running out the door.

And these dopey guys nodding their heads like they would be ok with a pink room. I don't know a straight man alive who would be. It is true that people are more agreeable to you because you have money. I had my house on the market and my master bedroom was a taupe color. Every man who viewed the house all commented on the "pink room" which was hardly what any woman would call pink. My realtor made me change it to beige.

She uses her "millionaire" status to attract men. She knows exactly what she is doing...she can't be that naive to not notice that they may be using her.

I think she also just doesn't care. When you can buy male companionship why should you pretend to care about what a guy likes or wants? I think she's happy with her lifestyle....for now. Give it a few more years and she gets tired of always opening her wallet, things will change perhaps.

Besides she's using the show as a huge publicity stunt. Her company threw her a viewing party with "Major Media" in attendance. http://guestofaguest.com/calendar/2...e-matchmaker-viewing-party-for-robin-kassner/

it appears that Robin tried suing airport security back in 2007. She lost!
here are several links to the story including the video:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=6257417
http://www.kare11.com/news/national/national_article.aspx?storyid=517608&catid=18

here is the court updates from a website:

Feb 28, 2008 -- Kassner files suit against the TSA and the MWAA (police) in the in the Circuit Court for Arlington County, Virginia. The suit included US Constitutional claims and/or claims under federal law.
Mar 13, 2008 -- The TSA and the MWAA remove the case to Federal District Court (E/VA) due to the federal law issues (in counts one, five and six); the other claims were state law claims.
Mar 20, 2008 -- Kassner moves to dismiss counrt one, five and six (the federal law claims) and remand to the Circuit Court for Arlington County, Virginia to deal with the state law claims. The TSA and MWAA protest.
Apr 29, 2008 -- The following is enterd in the dockett: "ORDERED that Plaintiff's Motion is GRANTED and Counts I, V, and VI are DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE and the remaining claims are REMANDED to the Circuit Court of Arlington, Virginia. Signed by District Judge Claude M. Hilton on 4/29/2008.
Jan 12, 2009 -- Her excessive force claim against the TSA and MWAA appears to be settle in some capacity though I can't discern the terms or if it was actually a settlement at all.
Apr 15, 2009 -- Kassner is found guilty by after a juty trial on her criminal charge and sentenced to pay $2,500 in fines and $1,101 in court costs.
Sep 20, 2010 -- Jury finds in favor of defendant officers in Kassner's case against the individual officers.

her giving an interview about her "mental scars" where she is notably thinner.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3874496/airport-smackdown/