Mansur Gavriel The MG LADY BAG Thread – post pics, ask questions, and chat about the Lady!

Hi everyone :smile:
I'm new here and really interested in the mini lady bag.
It looks like the perfect size to me but I've heard that it holds less than you'd think because you cannot fill it to the top if you want the flap to close.
On a daily basis, I carry my cardholder, keys, sunnies in a soft case, a small pouch (the size of a mini pochette), phone, kindle and a small water bottle with me.
Do you think these would fit or should I size up to a regular sized lady bag? Unfortunately I don't have a store in my area to look at the bag in real life.

Everything except the water bottle would fit. Water bottle would fit if you left other things out. It held enough for me but I only have a small wallet, keys, phone and small card holder. All very small and thin.

Hi, everyone! I just joined about 10 minutes ago, so i hope im doing this correctly :confused1:
I have been looking at the Mini Lady bags recently and have become very obsessed and decided I need to purchase one! I wish i could afford brand new but unfortunately I can only afford secondhand right now. I have been looking at these two bags and i need help deciding.

this will be my very first designer bag purchase so even though its secondhand, i want to make sure, im making a good choice and i figured this is the best place to ask :smile: I need any advice you can give me please :smile:

so these are the two bags, im deciding between
https://outlet.fashionphile.com/mansur-gavriel-calfskin-mini-lady-bag-brandy-cleo-415601
and
https://www.fashionphile.com/mansur-gavriel-suede-mini-lady-bag-rococo-377352 - this one is what make me decide to purchase of these beautiful bags.. i am so obsessed with the suede and the colour!

but i am wondering if i should go with a simple black colour rather than one of these other ones. theres just something about a beautiful black leather bag thats hard to go past. https://outlet.fashionphile.com/mansur-gavriel-calfskin-lady-bag-black-ballerina-422390

I am also wondering about suede over the calfskin leather.. is suede more difficult to look after and will the calfskin hold up better over time? I dont want a bag im too scared to use and im worried about the suede. i dont know why but ive neve had a suede or real leather handbag before so i dont know which is better.

finally, i think Fashionphile prices are in USD so i need to covert the prices to AUD so i think if i choose one of these bags i'll be spending at least $400 AUD so this is not a small purchase to me so any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

thankyou!! :smile: :smile:

Attachments

• dff818908dbb694bc9af6b6fc3c290a6.jpg
    dff818908dbb694bc9af6b6fc3c290a6.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 108
  • f0386c13a49e67cb812ad2754f03137b.jpg
    f0386c13a49e67cb812ad2754f03137b.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 106
I personally would go with the leather over suede, to keep the structure. Brandy is a beautiful color and a good neutral. I prefer the mini over the regular size. Good luck whatever you decide

I personally would go with the leather over suede, to keep the structure. Brandy is a beautiful color and a good neutral. I prefer the mini over the regular size. Good luck whatever you decide

yeah, i agree with you, i think the leather is a much better choice but i just really love the suede. thankyou for your response! very appreciated! :smile:

Bumping this old thread ~~

How does the SOFT lady wear over time? The flap is attached to the back of the bag and fold over, instead of sewn together on the top. Does this make a difference in useability or wear-and-tear?