The metallic reissue color faded .. any hope?

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. I bought my first metallic reissue (navy) less than two months ago, and it has major loss of the metallic part along the top left edge. I am very frustrated and disappointed that it happened so quickly on a $2700 bag. The wear is much more prominent than the ebay pics posted above -- probably about 2" long and 1/4" or so wide.

pictures?

Here is mine. I'm taking it by the Chanel store tomorrow to see what they can do. As I said, I just bought it in March and haven't even used it every day. I've never had a problem with my bags like this; I generally am pretty careful with them.

255damage.jpg

would you have pictures of lambskin bags in similar condition to show? :flowers:

metallic bags also have a tendency to peel. i used to have a coach bag with a metallic strap, hardly used it and after a year, i took it out of my wardrobe & realised the strap was peeling at some parts! so even though you dont use your bag daily, it might peel/fade too.

the metallics are so gorgeous though, such a pity for it to have such a problem..

I'll take a picture when I go back home on Monday. It happens often in lambskin.

Here is mine. I'm taking it by the Chanel store tomorrow to see what they can do. As I said, I just bought it in March and haven't even used it every day. I've never had a problem with my bags like this; I generally am pretty careful with them.

255damage.jpg

Wow, now I'm afraid to use my purple. My black and light silver are fine and I've used the black more than a 3 dozen times without a problem. Typically, just rubbing is more common on the lower corners.

Wow, now I'm afraid to use my purple. My black and light silver are fine and I've used the black more than a 3 dozen times without a problem. Typically, just rubbing is more common on the lower corners.

Yeah, it's kinda shocking, isn't it? And it's right on top of the bag, unfortunately. If it were on the bottom corner I think I could just get over it. I have no idea how this happened.

Oh dear, sorry to see what has happened to your metallic, Litigatrix. That's so disappointing from such an expensive bag. I am currently considering whether to buy a dark silver metallic but am a bit apprehensive now. Will you let us know what Chanel say, please? Many thanks.

I took the bag to the store yesterday, and they agreed that the damage was bad. They were also saying how the rest of it was in really good shape (it was; I take really good care of my bags). They kept the bag and are supposed to call me today and tell me whether they are just going to refund my money, or give me a store credit. I really just want the store credit at this point. There isn't anything else at the store right now that I am dying for, and I don't want to just spend $2700 on "stuff" just because I have the credit.

I took the bag to the store yesterday, and they agreed that the damage was bad. They were also saying how the rest of it was in really good shape (it was; I take really good care of my bags). They kept the bag and are supposed to call me today and tell me whether they are just going to refund my money, or give me a store credit. I really just want the store credit at this point. There isn't anything else at the store right now that I am dying for, and I don't want to just spend $2700 on "stuff" just because I have the credit.

You mean you want the refund?

Yes, sorry I meant I wanted a refund. The store called me today and told me they could do an exchange. I said I would rather have a refund, and they agreed to it. So that's that...

Wow, Ligatrix, Im so sorry this happened to you! Glad they're recognizing it as a problem, but I seem to be hearing an awful lot about this problem recently. More than last year, too.