The metallic reissue color faded .. any hope?

nutnutnut

Aug 6, 2007
I have got the silver metallic reissue from Ebay, it have got the color faded on the rim and corner.
I wonder if the Chanel restoration would help for this problem?

Anybody had the faded color before? How are you doing with it?
With Thankss!:confused1:

fannaticsydney

Le temps devant soi
O.G.
Dec 17, 2006
ha? well, its really depends how the user used it

i bought mine in around august 2007, then keep using it as daily bag for almost 3-4 months, by end year i noticed there is blackish discoloured around the corner, i kinda like it at the end actually ..

catalyst81

Aug 30, 2007
london
ph my gawd! u girls are scaring me! i got my bronze reissue in sep 07! usage about 7x a month.... havent notice any fading!!! is there anyway i can protect it before it fades???

ladydeluxe

C'est Magnifique!
Sep 18, 2007
Eeks this is what I'm afraid of.. that is why I never buy metallic bags. I think the best way is to bring it to a Chanel boutique near you and ask them if it can be fixed. Good luck!

Sep 1, 2006
can you pls post a picture? and yes, definitely bring it to chanel. see if there's anything they can do about it. hope everything will work out for you and your purse:heart:

Minnie

O.G.
Jan 25, 2006
NJ,US
I love metallics but I am scared to get it because of this!!!
I had a chloe silver metallic bag and after wearing it for 5 or 6 times the metallic started rubbing off :sad:

Does chanel offer to fix this?

Celia_Hish

“Happiness is the highest good”
O.G.
May 17, 2006
Singapore
i used to own one metallic reissue before and i heard from my SA that it will eventually faded due to the special treated leather.

Well, i guess u probably has to bring back to chanel store and see what they can do for this.

MIffy27

2 many Chanel bags!!
O.G.
Jun 24, 2007
Chanel Land
I think it would be useful if someone could post pictures of what they meant by colour fading or their metallic bags turning black, the colour peeling off etc etc.

I have three metallic bags and after reading all the comments on this thread (and the other one), I checked out my bags but I didn't find anything odd about them. I have used all of my metallcis so they're not like brand new. I have to say when I wear my metallics, I actually hand carry it by its chaim and lift the bag slightly away from my body as I don't want it to rub against my clothes. The colours still look good, I think. But who knows? Maybe my bags have already lost their metallic feels and I didn't know that....:sweatdrop:

Jan 7, 2008
I almost bought a red metallic but SA was hard to deal with so decided to cancel my order. Thank goodness or else its a waist of money if after few wears, it would just fade. Thanks for letting us know.

*jennifer*

crazy for chalcedony
O.G.
Apr 23, 2006
all metallic-treated leather is prone to the color rubbing off, regardless of it is chanel or not... unfortunately there is nothing much that can be done except to be super-careful not to let edges rub up against anything.