The Magnificent Melie Hobo Club

Thank you Missyb. Wow its spot on and gorgeous!! What is your date code? My SA says that since it's all handmade not every bag is the same... I guess it's up to my personal preference. I'm not sure how much this will bother me.

I actually never looked at the bottom until you posted. I absolutely love this bag. I will look at date code when I get home

Hello everyone, I have a quick question on color transfer. I know this has been addressed before with the various colors but I can't find specifically the question in regards to the Melie in Vison. I saw comments on taupe, seems similar, not sure if they are in fact the same color. I asked someone from louisvuitton.com and they said there would be no issue with color transfer with the Vison but would have issues with the Papyrus, which makes no sense to me since both are lighter colors.

Anyone with the Melie in Vison that has color transfer issues or has it been holding up well? Thank you in advance.

Reactions: uhpharm01
Hello everyone, I have a quick question on color transfer. I know this has been addressed before with the various colors but I can't find specifically the question in regards to the Melie in Vison. I saw comments on taupe, seems similar, not sure if they are in fact the same color. I asked someone from louisvuitton.com and they said there would be no issue with color transfer with the Vison but would have issues with the Papyrus, which makes no sense to me since both are lighter colors.

Anyone with the Melie in Vison that has color transfer issues or has it been holding up well? Thank you in advance.

I do not have your bag but it has been my experience that dark denim, deep reds and blues tend to leave their color behind on all items.
If I use an alcohol free baby wipe to wipe down my Bloomsbury after using it with dark denim there will be a bluish residue left on the wipe even though I can not “see” the color transfer on the actual bag itself because it’s a darker print.

Reactions: uhpharm01

I’ve had the vison since end of September and have no color transfer whatever. I wear jeans almost daily

I purchased a Mono Melie after an unsuccessful trial with the NF MM (strap drop too short) and all three sizes of the delightful (straps slipped off). Wanted to love the Melie but sadly I just don’t The shoulder strap drop is great and it stays on well but I find the canvas too “rubbery” and bulky under the arm. Tried the bag straight up and folded fortune cookie style. The size was great and I loved the interior material. *Sigh* Wish I could find the right LV shoulder bag for my needs.
Would welcome any suggestions

Have you tried the Berri ??

I just got the Melie in the new Empreinte color, Vison. It’s not yet out in the online store , mine was from Boston. Apparently a number of stores have it. I love it!
It’s a gorgeous color, taupe with the slightest tinge of mauve (maybe it’s just me). Looks more cool taupe in person.
Glad I waited for it. The leather is not as stiff as the black.
It’s my second one and I make sure it’s stored standing, not ever folded, to avoid any problems with creasing or problems with the leather .View attachment 4186063

What color is your other Melie?