The Magnificent Melie Hobo Club

I purchased a Mono Melie after an unsuccessful trial with the NF MM (strap drop too short) and all three sizes of the delightful (straps slipped off). Wanted to love the Melie but sadly I just don’t The shoulder strap drop is great and it stays on well but I find the canvas too “rubbery” and bulky under the arm. Tried the bag straight up and folded fortune cookie style. The size was great and I loved the interior material. *Sigh* Wish I could find the right LV shoulder bag for my needs.
Would welcome any suggestions

Last edited:
I purchased a Mono Melie after an unsuccessful trial with the NF MM (strap drop too short) and all three sizes of the delightful (straps slipped off). Wanted to love the Melie but sadly I just don’t The shoulder strap drop is great and it stays on well but I find the canvas too “rubbery” and bulky under the arm. Tried the bag straight up and folded fortune cookie style. The size was great and I loved the interior material. *Sigh* Wish I could find the right LV shoulder bag for my needs.

That is such a bummer!! I have been dying for this bag and heard it's discontinued, although LV customer service tells me it's just out of stock. Sadly, other than the discontinued Metis hobo, there's nothing really similar.

I just got the Melie in the new Empreinte color, Vison. It’s not yet out in the online store , mine was from Boston. Apparently a number of stores have it. I love it!
It’s a gorgeous color, taupe with the slightest tinge of mauve (maybe it’s just me). Looks more cool taupe in person.
Glad I waited for it. The leather is not as stiff as the black.
It’s my second one and I make sure it’s stored standing, not ever folded, to avoid any problems with creasing or problems with the leather .IMG_1772.jpg

Last edited:
I just got the Melie in the new Empreinte color, Vison. It’s not yet out in the online store , mine was from Boston. Apparently a number of stores have it. I love it!
It’s a gorgeous color, taupe with the slightest tinge of mauve (maybe it’s just me). Looks more cool taupe in person.
Glad I waited for it. The leather is not as stiff as the black.
It’s my second one and I make sure it’s stored standing, not ever folded, to avoid any problems with creasing or problems with the leather .View attachment 4186063

I was looking for metis bag and they discovered melie. Called lv the moment someone mentioned here that it is being discontinued and they had the last one in the country!

I went straight to the store after work and they said it is reserved for a customer after which they let me have it since I'm there in person!

Here we go!
View attachment 4182148 View attachment 4182149 View attachment 4182150

YOU ARE ONE LUCKY WOMAN!! I’ve been unable to find one in mono. Customer service said they’re out of stock & might be a long wait before they have more. I asked about it being discontinued and she said no. So perhaps one day...

Searching for the right LV shoulder bag too. I keep thinking it shouldn’t be this hard!

Was going to do Melie but worried about corner wear. Reserved a Graceful but when it came in the sides were really misaligned. Thinking of getting World Tour Neverfull with just one patch on the back so I can get the black trim, but really worried the short strap drop will bother me over time.

Let me know if you find one!!!

Fellow Melie Empreinte owners: can anyone tell me if this is normal? I purchased this bag from fashionphile last month and assumed that this was just the normal "slouch" of the bag but it recently came to my attention that it might actually be an issue with the bag (the crease is symmetrical on both sides on the back). If it's a defect, do I have any recourse either through fashionphile (the tag has been removed) or Louis Vuitton? Thanks in advance for any guidance!
LV.jpg LV2.jpg LV3.jpg

Fellow Melie Empreinte owners: can anyone tell me if this is normal? I purchased this bag from fashionphile last month and assumed that this was just the normal "slouch" of the bag but it recently came to my attention that it might actually be an issue with the bag (the crease is symmetrical on both sides on the back). If it's a defect, do I have any recourse either through fashionphile (the tag has been removed) or Louis Vuitton? Thanks in advance for any guidance!
View attachment 4194971 View attachment 4194972 View attachment 4194973

You can always sell it back to fashionphile not sure if LV will do anything since you bought it pre-loved and they seem to be getting stricter about 2nd owners trying to get new bags out of defects etc. maybe call FP and tell them what is happening. What is the date code was in produced in the last year or so?