The Magnificent Melie Hobo Club

Fellow Melie Empreinte owners: can anyone tell me if this is normal? I purchased this bag from fashionphile last month and assumed that this was just the normal "slouch" of the bag but it recently came to my attention that it might actually be an issue with the bag (the crease is symmetrical on both sides on the back). If it's a defect, do I have any recourse either through fashionphile (the tag has been removed) or Louis Vuitton? Thanks in advance for any guidance!
View attachment 4194971 View attachment 4194972 View attachment 4194973

My noir doesn’t have any horizontal creases but it does have some similar bubble like vertical creases like yours when folded. If the bag is standing straight and open, it’s hardly noticeable. I also wondered if that was normal. I have seen a few with the vertical creases but also a bunch without them. I asked a SA about it and he said it was normal but who knows. I haven’t seen any horizontal creasing. Where was yours made?

I called LV last week and the representative said that the Melie in monogram is just out of stock and they will be receiving more. However, I just now called again and by chance a representative answered from France. She said for sure that this is discontinued and they will not offer it anymore in the monogram. Probably someone in this thread already posted this info, but just to give you a really current update that it appears it is true. :hrmm: There must be some kind of petition we can come up with to send to LV to resurrect the Melie Monogram! ...maybe with vachetta corners like the Berri!

Reactions: uhpharm01
I called LV last week and the representative said that the Melie in monogram is just out of stock and they will be receiving more. However, I just now called again and by chance a representative answered from France. She said for sure that this is discontinued and they will not offer it anymore in the monogram. Probably someone in this thread already posted this info, but just to give you a really current update that it appears it is true. :hrmm: There must be some kind of petition we can come up with to send to LV to resurrect the Melie Monogram! ...maybe with vachetta corners like the Berri!
Well that is certainly discouraging news! I wonder why this decision was made. That is the 2nd bag that I've favored/wanted in a real long time to be quickly discontinued (the other was the Metis hobo). Other than my neverfull, those were the only two bags I've really wanted :sad:

Reactions: uhpharm01
Well that is certainly discouraging news! I wonder why this decision was made. That is the 2nd bag that I've favored/wanted in a real long time to be quickly discontinued (the other was the Metis hobo). Other than my neverfull, those were the only two bags I've really wanted :sad:

Really wondering if maybe it is the corner dynamics in relation to the canvas version. It's so weird because there's so much love for this bag...wondering if they will bring out some type of improved replacement based on feedback...similar to the movement from the Bagatelle to the Melie maybe. I feel like the monogram version is the perfect weekend bag for all seasons.

I purchased a Mono Melie after an unsuccessful trial with the NF MM (strap drop too short) and all three sizes of the delightful (straps slipped off). Wanted to love the Melie but sadly I just don’t The shoulder strap drop is great and it stays on well but I find the canvas too “rubbery” and bulky under the arm. Tried the bag straight up and folded fortune cookie style. The size was great and I loved the interior material. *Sigh* Wish I could find the right LV shoulder bag for my needs.
Would welcome any suggestions
A bit late replying here but the Neverfull GM is a great shoulder bag. Just throw it on, good strap length. It is large but squishes a bit and you can cinch it. The other shoulder bag that I like is a vintage Bucket GM but one of the straps does tend to fall down off your shoulder every now and then.

A bit late replying here but the Neverfull GM is a great shoulder bag. Just throw it on, good strap length. It is large but squishes a bit and you can cinch it. The other shoulder bag that I like is a vintage Bucket GM but one of the straps does tend to fall down off your shoulder every now and then.

I’m wondering if I need to try a NF GM after all these years. I’ve always thought it huge but in all actuality could benefit from the extra strap drop. And I love the way the NF looks cinched but NOT the PM or MM sizes. Always resisted...wouldn’t that be something if I’ve resisted the GM for 10+ years and it turned out to be the perfect size for me!

That’s a new thing with LV, they decided to make a purse for awhile and then discontinued that style. LV doesn’t want for any one style to be too popular anymore.

So I have spoken to two different CA's about the Monogram today and one said that it has been retired and the other said it was showing up on his screen that it is just out of stock at the moment and it is to be replenished in the next 4-5 months. I live in Canada but I live in a border town and the U.S. store is only 20 minutes away so I have an SA there that I deal with frequently and he's keeping an eye out.
I reeeeallllyyy want to get my hands on one.

Reactions: gabsandme