~The LV fragrance club~

I've been on the hunt for a special perfume to wear everyday (I'm not into switching out different scents everyday). I wore Tresor by Lancome for years and just wanted something different. When I was in Vegas with my daughter, we went to the LV store and I tried on a few. I fell in love with Rose Des Ventes, but didn't want to spend $265 for a bottle.

Once I got back to Colorado, I really couldn't stop thinking about it. So I drove down to Denver and sucked it up and purchased a bottle. Thankfully, there was only one bottle left, so I lucked out. I love it and wear it everyday.

I’ve finally joined the club! I first bought Spell on you and my second buy was Le Jour se Lève which was actually a blind buy.

I only paid attention to LV fragrances recently after Spell on you caught my attention. It was actually the name that attracted me. I started reading up reviews on LV fragrances and the reviews got me very intrigued. Coincidentally I recently ordered something from my CA so I asked him for some Spell on you samples.

I’m not sure if Spell on you would be my fav so I went down to a store to try all the female fragrances they have. Every scent I tried on card is so underwhelming and I was so disappointed. Then I realized that the smell on card is so different compared to on my skin. As I was determined to buy at least 1 fragrance, I gambled on Spell on you since I already know how it smelt on my skin throughout the day using the sample I got earlier.

I can’t get the good reviews on Le Jour se Lève out of my mind so I did another gamble and purchased it a few days later.

Now I’ve been using Spell on you for a couple of weeks and Le Jour se Lève a few days, I can say I’m in love! I actually like Spell on you more. Comparing to both, Spell on you is like a roller coaster ride! Initially I don’t really like the opening cause it’s abit sharp/spicy? But after some time, the smell become really nice.

I have 5 other different samples yet to try because I am afraid I might like them all and can’t stop myself from buying more. :lol:

I've never once in my life been into fragrances until this year. I dipped my toes into perfumed waters with two LV travels sets: Coeur Battant (my personal favorite -- I generally am really drawn to ylang-ylang and jasmine) and Heures D'absence (my husband's favorite and a close runner-up for my top spot -- the jasmine, rose and sandalwood are so lovely).

Since I don't wear a ton of fragrances -- definitely not daily -- the travel sets are absolutely perfect. I'm looking forward to eventually checking out the various samples I got this year from my SA too. Maybe another one will tempt me.

Travel sets.jpg

Sample.jpg

Does anyone of you know which fragrances will be discontinued? I read it somewhere on instagram but cannot find the post anymore … Au Hazard was one of them, but I cannot remember the other ones … anyone can help?

Reactions: Heaven17
Does anyone of you know which fragrances will be discontinued? I read it somewhere on instagram but cannot find the post anymore … Au Hazard was one of them, but I cannot remember the other ones … anyone can help?
One was Contre Moi which is my favourite