The LOVELY Tracee Ellis Ross

This Speech Proves Tracee Ellis Ross Is the Life Coach You Never Knew You Needed

Tracee Ellis Ross might have won a Golden Globe for her breakout performance as 'Bow' on Blackish and launched a clothing line with JC Penney, but in her speech at Glamour's 2017 Women of the Year Summit, she revealed that the world around her often doesn't support all she's achieved.

"It's really interesting to be a woman, and to get to 45, and to not be married, and to not have kids. Especially when you’ve pushed out five kids on TV," she said onstage. That interesting part? According to Ross, it's fielding question after question about when she'll finally have kids and get married.

But Ross isn't here for dated expectations of womanhood: She's perfectly fine being single at 45, thanks. Ross used the rest of her speech to explore four little words that changed her outlook: "My life is mine. Those words stopped me in my tracks," Ross said. "Those words brought tears to my ears because, yes, I’ve been living my life—but not to my own expectations. Not for me."

After writing those words in her journal, Ross said she changed her perspective. "I've become a woman that I am very proud to be," she stated to applause. For her, fulfillment comes from the life she has now. "I’ve decided to own my moment and my training bras. I’m going to make an experience of the good and yucky parts," she said.

Get inspired to live a life for yourself with Ross's full speech, below.

https://www.glamour.com/story/tracee-ellis-ross-glamour-women-of-the-year-speech-2017

Video- https://video.glamour.com/watch/tracee-ellis-ross-is-living-for-herself

This was one of my two favourite looks from this years Golden Globes (my other fav being Zoe Kravitz). She looks gorgeous!

At The 75th Annual Golden Globe Awards at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 7, 2018 in Beverly Hills, California.
Wearing a Marc Jacobs dress / Irene Neuwirth jewellery / Jimmy Choo shoes.

Zimbio
Tracee+Ellis+Ross+75th+Annual+Golden+Globe+gnvR9skgZOEx.jpg Tracee+Ellis+Ross+75th+Annual+Golden+Globe+NBsDwjXESaKx.jpg Tracee+Ellis+Ross+75th+Annual+Golden+Globe+zZDvxXgZiO_x.jpg Tracee+Ellis+Ross+75th+Annual+Golden+Globe+QZB_eTxAGFXx.jpg Tracee+Ellis+Ross+75th+Annual+Golden+Globe+-PELja6aCJLx.jpg