The Loewe Hammock

The mini is a perfect size for me too. Big enough for my essentials.
I went shopping with my mini and it was light, not too bulky.
One thing I’m not used to, is the open space with no zipper, kept checking my belongings. I strapped it to the maximum, nothing could fall out. Maybe it’s just a bit in my head.
I rarely zip up or tightly close any handbags - drives hubby nots LOL. Maybe a small dust bag inside with a cinch top would work?

Reactions: DiJe40
Hi all! I’ve been eyeing the Hammock for quite some time now and would really like to add one to my collection. I was browsing Fashionphile just to see what they have, and a concern came to me after viewing some of the Hammocks listed on their site. I noticed that a lot of the bags in classic calfskin don’t seem to hold their structure well especially the front and back areas. For those who have had the Hammock for for more than a year, do you notice deformation with the bag already? I wonder if the pebble-grained leather will hold its shape better over time.

Any input would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Attachments

• 42A6B3EB-F452-4BF4-A33E-11BFD73809E9.png
    42A6B3EB-F452-4BF4-A33E-11BFD73809E9.png
    708.7 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: kasslynne!!
Hi I'm so excited to be joining the club! Technically this is my second Loewe bag. I had a Loewe Viento previously but sold it years ago as hobos are not so much of my style. Stoked to finally get one in the signature tan colour! I was going back and forth between the hammock, puzzle and gate but decided on the hammock as it is the most versatile I think. I have a question though as to how do you store this bag? Folded or opened and stuffed? Many thanks in advance :smile:

Annotation 2022-03-08 093525.png

Last edited:

I found this review of the mini hammock in mandarin and at 8:41 she shows a trick with the strap to make the openings always shut! Pretty easy to follow despite not understanding mandarin myself

I watched the video and At 8:41 she was adjusting the strap to make it shoulder wear..where do you see it make the opening always shut?

Hi I'm so excited to be joining the club! Technically this is my second Loewe bag. I had a Loewe Viento previously but sold it years ago as hobos are not so much of my style. Stoked to finally get one in the signature tan colour! I was going back and forth between the hammock, puzzle and gate but decided on the hammock as it is the most versatile I think. I have a question though as to how do you store this bag? Folded or opened and stuffed? Many thanks in advance :smile:

View attachment 5346397
From what I have seen online the full leather hammocks tend to lose their shape, so if you are not a fan of the slouch, probably open and stuffed or with closed but with a bag organizer. But if you're a fan of the slouch then anything goes I think. Congrats on your purchase! Loewe's leather is excellent and the tan is a very classic color from them.

Reactions: aluvey
Hi all! I’ve been eyeing the Hammock for quite some time now and would really like to add one to my collection. I was browsing Fashionphile just to see what they have, and a concern came to me after viewing some of the Hammocks listed on their site. I noticed that a lot of the bags in classic calfskin don’t seem to hold their structure well especially the front and back areas. For those who have had the Hammock for for more than a year, do you notice deformation with the bag already? I wonder if the pebble-grained leather will hold its shape better over time.

Any input would be greatly appreciated :smile:

I was wondering that, too. When I searched for preloved pieces, most of the hammock look like a puddle, even more than those on your attached picture… But then, when I watched all small hammock videos I could find on Youtube, most still had their shape, though many videos were about presenting pretty new bags…
I was hoping that newer ones were more sturdy? The ones I saw in the shop looked and feel pretty sturdy to me. The Kaonashi hammock which I finally was able to get, also has a pretty sturdy front and back piece. The wings have a supersoft leather though, where I could imagine that this part even gets softer with use… I hope that it won‘t collapse like the pictures in the second hand market, as I don‘t like the forward rolling of the front piece at all… Or is it that those hammocks were like really abused?
Perhaps we have someone here who has had a hammock for a longer time and could describe how theirs have been holding up?

For now I store my hammock open (in the long form) with paper in it, so that most pieces are not smashed or folded in anyway. Until perhaps anybody else has a better suggestion. :smile:

I was wondering that, too. When I searched for preloved pieces, most of the hammock look like a puddle, even more than those on your attached picture… But then, when I watched all small hammock videos I could find on Youtube, most still had their shape, though many videos were about presenting pretty new bags…
I was hoping that newer ones were more sturdy? The ones I saw in the shop looked and feel pretty sturdy to me. The Kaonashi hammock which I finally was able to get, also has a pretty sturdy front and back piece. The wings have a supersoft leather though, where I could imagine that this part even gets softer with use… I hope that it won‘t collapse like the pictures in the second hand market, as I don‘t like the forward rolling of the front piece at all… Or is it that those hammocks were like really abused?
Perhaps we have someone here who has had a hammock for a longer time and could describe how theirs have been holding up?

For now I store my hammock open (in the long form) with paper in it, so that most pieces are not smashed or folded in anyway. Until perhaps anybody else has a better suggestion. :smile:

I finally got to try the small Hammock at Neiman Marcus, and I’m honestly happy to say that I did not purchase it when they were discounted. The one I tried was in classic calfskin in ghost/light ghost, and that bag did not hold its shape well at all. I expected the sides/wings to be soft, but expected the leather than ran from front to back to be a little harder but it wasn’t. Granted, it’s a display piece but I still expected it to be more structured. I’m thinking the jacquard canvas will be stiffer so I might need to look into those pieces instead.

Reactions: ghoulish
I can attest that my jacquard/leather small hammock is holding up well! This bag has become a workhorse for me, I can stuff it pretty well and remains not too heavy (I think because the bag itself is so lightweight). I usually wear it over my shoulder, but can easily swap to crossbody where it is definitely more secure. Also, when I'm not using it, I don't stuff it.

image1 (4).jpegimage0 (5).jpegimage2 (3).jpeg

Edit: This is after using the bag in heavy rotation over the past 5 months.

Can i ask you lovely hammock owners if you guys have any issues with the side zippers? Mine is relatively new but the zippers are getting a bit loose and easily unzips when i use them, especially when carrying crossbody. Does anybody have this issue? The zipper at the small pocket is fine though

Can i ask you lovely hammock owners if you guys have any issues with the side zippers? Mine is relatively new but the zippers are getting a bit loose and easily unzips when i use them, especially when carrying crossbody. Does anybody have this issue? The zipper at the small pocket is fine though
Yes, my side zippers do unzip partially from time to time. Not enough that I worry about anything falling out. I assume it is part of the design so the side flaps pop out more easily should you choose to carry it that way.

Short review how my small hammock did during vacation. I choose it as my go to bag for the flight and days on which I want to take more stuff with me.
For the flight (2h) it was enough for iPad, phone, snacks, tissues, water bottle etc. Does not take up much space. Easy to wear crossbody and easy to access. At the airport, I was a bit concerned because it is open and I had my passport and coin purse in it. But it you wear it crossbody and put the bag body in front of your body, it was no problem, because it was in my view the whole time and you could put your arm against it. Or just put a scarf or pullover on the opening.
In the aircraft, if you put it on the floor in front of you, it has to stand with the short side to the front. I put it with the wide side to the front under the seat and when we lifted up and the plane tilted, if just fell over and spilled. Not so cool, when it is full.
For daily use, supereasy to use and lightweight. Oberall I love it. I guess every bag has this one or other downside.

Oh and unfortunately I spilled disinfectant on it on the plane, leather luckily was fine afterwards. The leather is divine anyway. Did not get anything during the short vacation (1 week), even if I did not baby it.

This thread deserves more attention! :P

Has anyone seen the Compact size in real life? Is the leather stiffer than the smooth calfskin?

I saw this colour Purple Fog on 24s, it's not even on the Loewe site yet. With updated price I guess... but fell in love as it reminds me of an H colour I missed out on (Glycine). Has anyone seen or even bought it?

I'm not too much of a fan of the Loewe writing on the strap though. I prefer their low key and actually esthetically pleasing anagram logo or none at all.

hammockcompact.jpeg