The Loewe Basket

Ahhhhhhh i cant help it, brought her home with me! The square small basket bag had been on my mind along with the small basket bag..

But the leaves used on the small basket bag didnt speak to me as much as the ones on the square basket bag.. although i love the look of the small basket so much, its so cute esp with a Loewe charm

View attachment 5424624

View attachment 5424645
How is it compared to the shell one? Which do u like better?

How is it compared to the shell one? Which do u like better?

They have very different asthetics, both are nice but i find that my shell bag is very stiff.. i actually prefer it to be more open for easy access of items.

I like this better than the shell one because the shell bag in medium can be heavier compared to these counterparts @.@ weight-wise, shell bag in small should be fine but i find the small shell bag sticks out width-wise just a bit too much for me.. though i really enjoy the longer straps that the shell bag has, it drapes very nicely as a tote while the square basket may not fit under the arm as nicely

This square bag holds much less than i would like it to, i cant fit both umbrella and water bottle and cardigan at the same time.. but if i need to hold more, i figured i could go for my Neverfull MM. So this is a good S/M size for days when i can carry less! Plus i like the look of it a lil better

• Thanks
Reactions: viewwing
Oups!
That would be the small square basket bag in raffia and calfskin. But, I see on their website that there is no lining. Is it present only in previous collection?
Thanks! :smile:
I believe most Loewe raffia bags are very sturdy. That particular model has no lining. You can use the dust bag that comes with it as a lining. Scroll up along this thread you should see some pics of it here. It’s been around for a few summers now.

Full disclosure since I only referenced it in this thread, I was able to snag this small basket bag at Nordstrom Rack for a steal. It was on clearance, then I received an extra 25% off with their Clear the Rack promotion. I got it for $87.72 USD! I had been wanting a straw/raffia bag for some time and was inspired by the larger version @Katinahat has.

View attachment 5420949
That’s insanely good. Did you buy it in the winter or this month?