The Loewe Basket

I've been eyeing that one too since last year or the small square in white. Looks so fab on you!

Thank you! i actually sold my chanel deauville tote and replaced with this.. the deauville tote cost $4~5k and essentially raffia and leather materials.. the raffia gets unravelled or furry after a few uses.. i will monitor and see how this wears but the price is 20% of chanel's -.-" sure the resale value is not as high as chanel but it is also not as common which is what i like about it

Reactions: Lola24
Added my own donut bag charm to the back of bag, in case i pick it up the wrong side or want a change in look.. i use a smaller loewe dustbag within, actually this fits less than my NF MM, i fit about an umbrella, 500ml bottle and my LV cosmetics pouch in PM for my stray items.. will throw in my HP and maybe squeeze a small cardigan in.. definitely cant bring to the beach with thick beach towels

20220526_100749.jpg

20220526_100528.jpg

20220526_100708.jpg

So, took the basket for my vacation. I am excited to see how it will hold up.

Size really is more for the day stroll or evening stroll to dinner. For that it is supercute. It fits quite some stuff, but not enough for like a beach day. Also does not fit my iPad except if I put it in upright.

View attachment 5411627
I agree about the size. I did however fit a small takeout container and a small bunch of bananas in my small Basket when I went for brunch and then to the market. :giggle:

• Love
Reactions: 880 and fettfleck
Added my own donut bag charm to the back of bag, in case i pick it up the wrong side or want a change in look.. i use a smaller loewe dustbag within, actually this fits less than my NF MM, i fit about an umbrella, 500ml bottle and my LV cosmetics pouch in PM for my stray items.. will throw in my HP and maybe squeeze a small cardigan in.. definitely cant bring to the beach with thick beach towels

View attachment 5412265

View attachment 5412266

View attachment 5412267
Looks fantastic on you and I love the donut charm on the other side!

Reactions: sassification
Saw a question earlier regarding wear/tear and if snags on clothing. I purchased the shell basket bag last summer and while I love that it is great for carrying over your shoulder, I did find that it snagged some of the dresses/shirts I was wearing when silk or delicate fabric. On the plus side- it's held up and looks like new despite taking to beach, pool, wearing to dinner-- so getting shoved under chairs, in luggage etc- I was actually hoping it would soften up a little more!

And love the donut charm in those pictures!!

Does anyone have any tips to help mitigate the snagging on fabric/clothing or similar experience with the shell bag? Now that I know, will just be more selective with what I wearing when carry it... thanks!! (or perhaps I need the medium basket bag in rosemary!!)

Thank you! i actually sold my chanel deauville tote and replaced with this.. the deauville tote cost $4~5k and essentially raffia and leather materials.. the raffia gets unravelled or furry after a few uses.. i will monitor and see how this wears but the price is 20% of chanel's -.-" sure the resale value is not as high as chanel but it is also not as common which is what i like about it
I have 2, I absolutely LOVE them, I live in Hawaii and use them year round.... so far wearing very good, especially for the price!

Reactions: sassification
View attachment 5406632View attachment 5406633I

I normally never buy open topped handbags, but I fell in love with this bag last year and used it with the dust bag. Then, a few months ago, I saw this owl sack online and impulsively bought it. Now I’m marrying the two and I couldn’t be happier. They are coming to the beach with me this weekend.

Any chance you can share where you purchased this sack? TIA!

Saw a question earlier regarding wear/tear and if snags on clothing. I purchased the shell basket bag last summer and while I love that it is great for carrying over your shoulder, I did find that it snagged some of the dresses/shirts I was wearing when silk or delicate fabric. On the plus side- it's held up and looks like new despite taking to beach, pool, wearing to dinner-- so getting shoved under chairs, in luggage etc- I was actually hoping it would soften up a little more!

And love the donut charm in those pictures!!

Does anyone have any tips to help mitigate the snagging on fabric/clothing or similar experience with the shell bag? Now that I know, will just be more selective with what I wearing when carry it... thanks!! (or perhaps I need the medium basket bag in rosemary!!)

I wear mostly cotton ,denim and polyester, so far i dont see amy issues.. i wish the shell bag was softer too.. but if it was softer, it may not be as hardy so i m trying to embrace it in totality.. haha.

Brought it with me on vacay, now i am so tempted by the square straw bag.. i think loewe has good quality straw bags

20220531_115112.jpg

Is your Basket the medium? I love it!
Mine is a large so big enough for the beach, food markets etc which is what I was looking for.

I was lucky enough to be able to pick from 3 larges IRL. As hand woven unique pieces they were all quite different and the dimensions were a guide only. I picked the smallest large with the tightest weave. Some of the larges were hugely wider at the top varying over 10cm between the smallest large and the biggest. I like mine because it is a little deeper than the medium but not overwhelming. The dimensions are actually similar to the medium.

It fits nicely over my shoulder and is quite comfortable despite its size.
A36E38B0-5E2E-497C-8794-0CC347ABC73A.jpeg

Mine is a large so big enough for the beach, food markets etc which is what I was looking for.

I was lucky enough to be able to pick from 3 larges IRL. As hand woven unique pieces they were all quite different and the dimensions were a guide only. I picked the smallest large with the tightest weave. Some of the larges were hugely wider at the top varying over 10cm between the smallest large and the biggest. I like mine because it is a little deeper than the medium but not overwhelming. The dimensions are actually similar to the medium.

It fits nicely over my shoulder and is quite comfortable despite its size.
View attachment 5415610
An SA sent me pics of the mediums and one was much bigger than the rest - looked like a large almost. Yes! I was thinking market and other events where I'd need more space as the small is definitely not big enough.

Love your pic!

• Insightful
Reactions: 880
An SA sent me pics of the mediums and one was much bigger than the rest - looked like a large almost. Yes! I was thinking market and other events where I'd need more space as the small is definitely not big enough.

Love your pic!
Thanks! I thhibk the medium would be good for you. The large, if it’s got a wide top, could be overwhelming and looks that way in the online Loewe pics. Mine was a good compromise so if you can get in to see them IRL it’s worth it. Prices, like everything, have gone up loads too.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and Addy