The lindy...what do you think?

Really good question, Goldbundles! When the Lindy fisrt came out, I was sure I was going to love it. I bought one, and ordered another. Turned out that they're not comfortable for me to wear. I don't know if it's because I'm a little too round, or what.

I love the look of them, though!

CG

You know there have been a couple of comments on "roundness." I never really thought about it before, but I can see how if you expect to carry it on your shoulder rather than on your arm, it would give the feeling of additional bulk.

I rarely use the shoulder strap because of my neck/shoulder problems and when I do it's just to facilitate carrying something else for a short time, but I do think, in general, skinny minnies would like this style better just because of the shape of it.

Actually, if one were planning on carrying it only on the shoulder, I wouldn't like it as well or suggest it because it loses that furtune-cookie shape when carried that way.

That said, for me, it is THE perfect bag!

I love the Lindy - which I don't have yet - which will be my first Hermes bag - which will be mine next week (if all the stars align)....that said - I love it because of its unique design, because its not rigid, because I can carry it two ways, and because when I saw it irl - it called out to me....I'm hopelessy and seriously obssessed with it!

I've been considering this bag too and would love to own one H bag that is not a birkin or kelly, however I can't decide between the Lindy, Evelyn and SO Kelly. The rounded shape of the Lindy just looks a bit bulky to me when carried on the shoulder and I'm not a big fan of bags that stick out especially in London where people tend to bump into you a lot!

I love the Lindy...but it didn't love me! I tried two on this week and DH offered to buy it for me and it just didn't look good on me. Glad I tried it before buying as I was ready to buy one on Ebay last week. I sure love seeing all the lovely ladies on tPF with their Lindys.

I must say...that I'm not a fan of the visual aesthetics of the bag. I don't like how the middle collapses and the sides enclose over the center.

Visually not appealing to me.

I totally aggree. It seems to be a really functional bag, but for some reason it seems a little too "busy".

Although from what I've seen on here it's still a beautiful and very popular creation! :smile:

iove the lindy, but only in the 30. the 34 just feels too big for me, even though i can carry a 35 kelly with no issues. it is definitely "rounder" for me it is a summer more casual bag and definitely under the radar too. try before you buy is always good advise however.

i love the lindy and have two. i am not thin or tall and think it looks good.
it is very easy to use and holds a ton (i have the 34).
i wish it was available in more non exotic leathers.
as far as i know it is just clemence and leather/toile for the non exotics.
i think it will no longer be offered in swift.

I wanted to add, as some others did, that I also love how under-the-radar this bag is!

Of course, my first impression might have been colored by the fact that the one I tried on was a purple matte croc. Even though I am not craving exotics, that was one spectacular combo. . .

. . . black or grey in clemence will be good enough for me, though. . . someday. . . :heart:

I have the 30 cm and it holds a ton! As I said before, I don't think I would recommend it if you plan on carrying it strickly on the shoulder because of the shape.

It's MY favorite bag! It's SO easy to use. I keep it zipped and unfastened and just reach through the hole for whatever I am after.

I had a chance at a prune swift when I got mine, but I opted for the raisin, which was clemence. Of course at the time I didn't know they would stop making it in swift.

Lindy is a super practical bag ever & CHIC!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVEEEE Lindy~!~!~!!!

I honestly didn't care for Lindy at all when it first came out...........until I finally got one and started using it!!!!! It's just AMAZING how much I love this bag!!

I am drooling over raisn or etoupe lindy 34cm....(I am debating if I want another Lindy or So Kelly...haven't decided yet..)