The Leftovers

What was that. Seriously.

A first cousin to an episode of Lost. Are these guys a one trick pony?

I did recognize Holy Wayne as the security guard. How about the flowers for Mary Jamieson? They were for a baby boy. When I saw her in the hotel room doorway accepting the flowers , it made me think that the hotel was a form of way station or purgatory. Mary is alive, but not alive in the walking and talking sense.

I am guessing based on the brochure that the little girl Patti was reading to Kevin, that the mythology at work here is Native American in origin. The bridge across the river has some similarity to Greek mythology i.e. the River Styx.

The last scene led me to believe that that the young boy buried Kevin in the dirt. When he crawled his way out, he was wearing the clothing that he was wearing the night he died. The boy had a chair set up close by, as if he knew that Kevin was going to resurrect. I still think that he was shocked that it actually happened.

A first cousin to an episode of Lost. Are these guys a one trick pony?

I did recognize Holy Wayne as the security guard. How about the flowers for Mary Jamieson? They were for a baby boy. When I saw her in the hotel room doorway accepting the flowers , it made me think that the hotel was a form of way station or purgatory. Mary is alive, but not alive in the walking and talking sense.

I am guessing based on the brochure that the little girl Patti was reading to Kevin, that the mythology at work here is Native American in origin. The bridge across the river has some similarity to Greek mythology i.e. the River Styx.

The last scene led me to believe that that the young boy buried Kevin in the dirt. When he crawled his way out, he was wearing the clothing that he was wearing the night he died. The boy had a chair set up close by, as if he knew that Kevin was going to resurrect. I still think that he was shocked that it actually happened.

This is how I saw it all...as long as you didn't drink the water..it's just a stopping point along the way.
As the older Patti was talking I noticed she said "our caves collapsed" when she was talking about those who departed. Thought that was interesting refering to the first episode.
Saw the flowers and balloons for Mary...thought that was interesting too!

Also didn't mind Justin straight out of the tub. LOL

Last edited:
I thought the finale was really good. It answered so many questions (what was in the bday gift, what did Meg have planned, what really happened at the lake the night of the girls disppearance, did Matt's wife really wake up before or he imagined it, was Kevin buried since Virgil instructed it or the grandson was trying to conceal the evidence). If the season is not renewed at least I feel like it gave some closure on things. A funny moment for me was when the guy said something to the effect of you pushed a little girl into a well and you are opposed to singing to get back home? When Kevin said maybe Evie didn't love them as the reason to why she left it was such a painfully honest and simple explanation but I think it rang true.

Renewed 3rd and final season!
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/hbo-the-leftovers-season-3-end-1201658594

HBO has renewed its cult-favorite drama “The Leftovers” for a third and final season.
The pickup follows a strong critical response to the drama’s second season, which ended Dec. 6. HBO cast the decision to end the show after one more season as the creative choice of series creators Damon Lindelof and Tom Perrotta.

“It is with great enthusiasm that we welcome back Damon Lindelof, Tom Perrotta and the extraordinary talent behind ‘The Leftovers’ for its third and final season,” said HBO programming president Michael Lombardo. “This show has proven to be one of the most distinctive HBO series and we are extremely proud of its unrivaled originality, which has resulted in such a passionate following by our HBO viewers. We admire and fully support Damon’s artistic vision and respect his decision to bring the show to its conclusion next season.”
“Leftovers,” a sprawling ensemble drama with supernatural elements based on Perrotta’s novel of the same name, had mixed reviews and drew a small audience in its first season.
The show, toplined by Justin Theroux, Amy Brenneman, Liv Tyler and Christopher Eccleston, gained more traction with critics and viewers in season two and generated far more pop culture buzz. Fans of “Leftovers” dressed up as characters and demonstrated outside of HBO’s Manhattan offices to lobby for a third season pickup.
The show hit series highs with its final two episodes of the season. The Nov. 29 installment rose to 1.42 million viewers in live-plus-3 ratings.
Lindelof thanked HBO for giving them the flexibility to chart their own course in concluding the story of the fallout after 2% of the world’s population suddenly disappears.
“Tom, myself and our incredible team of writers and producers put tremendous care into designing those seasons as novels unto themselves…with beginnings, middles and ends,” Lindelof said. “As we finished our most recent season, it became clear to us that the series as a whole was following the same model…and with our beginning and middle complete, the most exciting thing for us as storytellers would be to bring ‘The Leftovers’ to a definitive end. And by ‘definitive,’ we mean ‘wildly ambiguous but hopefully mega-emotional,’ as all things related to this show are destined to be.”
Lindelof also acknowledged the role that fans and critics played in keeping the show alive.
“We are blessed by the unwavering support of our fans and the incredibly powerful voice of the critical community,” he said. “We feel absolutely privileged to heat up one last helping of leftovers.”

Anyone watch?. Every time I think I may have a clue what's going on....the episode ends...and I don't :lol:

Same here. I watched and as usual, the show was super weird. I do want to know what happened to the baby that they took in and to Regina Hall's character.

Also, Justin Theroux looked better pre-hair transplants to me.

Reactions: TC1
Anyone watch?. Every time I think I may have a clue what's going on....the episode ends...and I don't :lol:
Well this show is a quirky as ever! I think that baby Lily's disappearance is 1. She was taken by Erika. 2. Her birth mom showed up and took her 3. Who the hell knows!

Can't wait for portion in Australia!

Idea: The last scene will be endless rain and the last 30 seconds will be Kevin Costner floating around the ocean in Waterworld.

Reactions: Singra and TC1
Just when I thought I understood the last season. What the? They are going to Australia? I give up. I am out. I can hardly wait for "Silicon Valley" and "Vice Principals"