The Leftovers

That classic prayer (asking for healing and sustenance, etc) is only sung during the High Holidays, whatever that means on the show.

So, the first episode was called "The Book of Kevin" and the last episode is called "The Book of Nora" and I don't know what that means either, but she appears to be going by the name of Sarah...

Anyone think she might be pregnant since they made a point of mentioning she had her IUD removed?
Are they working up to the Day of Atonement?

Speaking about what I wondered, if Nora is pregnant, having removed her IUD. She and Kevin did it on the diaper changing table in the Oz bathroom, now that I think about it.

Speaking about what I wondered, if Nora is pregnant, having removed her IUD. She and Kevin did it on the diaper changing table in the Oz bathroom, now that I think about it.
Hmmm, well she is not too old and certainly not as old as the biblical Sarah lol! Way back in the first season, in the pre-departed scenes, she was acting rather annoyed with her children as many mothers do from time to time. Normal. I think that she has a huge case of the guilts over this because this is her last interaction with them.

She didn't have her IUD taken out until the people in Australia gave her the medical exam for the departure machine. They knew she had one...then it fast forwarded to Lori, Matt & Nora in the van and she'd had it out by then. So, well after the airport sex.

Reactions: WhitleyGilbert
She didn't have her IUD taken out until the people in Australia gave her the medical exam for the departure machine. They knew she had one...then it fast forwarded to Lori, Matt & Nora in the van and she'd had it out by then. So, well after the airport sex.
Right, they saw it on her medical records. I don't know why I got that mixed up. I guess it was Nora and Kevin having sex under a wall of cartoon babies just stuck in my head.

So Kevin Sr imagines a drowned world, therefore Kevin Jr has to drown and Laurie jumps the gun by committing suicide in the ocean. Water, water, everywhere.

So the fact that she had it taken out infers that she believes that the machine works and she is going to join her family. The only problem I have with this is that they have not shown me why she believes this.

Reactions: TC1
I have very little to complain about, but I'm over the big package joke regarding JT.

We can see he has big balls, but no where do we see a big D and I'm thinking he is not as huge as the implication and now calling attention to all that is comical.

I have very little to complain about, but I'm over the big package joke regarding JT.

We can see he has big balls, but no where do we see a big D and I'm thinking he is not as huge as the implication and now calling attention to all that is comical.
I thought that entire line of writing was rather sophomoric.

I thought that entire line of writing was rather sophomoric.
Agree.

When you think about it, both seasons of this show ended in a fairly uplifting way and both times, they had not been renewed when they were filming the finales. They didn't get the go-ahead until well after that. Yet, if the show wasn't coming back, we wouldn't have been left with a sense of unfinished business.

For that reason, I don't think the show will end on too negative a note, but that could wishful thinking. Kevin found his way home for two seasons, I think he will again.

What if Laurie decides not to kill herself? I still can't get over how she could do that to John and her children. Somehow I think that most of them will find a way to move on with the exception of Nora. Anyone notice how Nora only references her departed children and never mentions her departed husband?