The Knot 2.0 (Minaudiere)

I only have TM era Knots so i can’t comment on the quality level of these. But in terms of durability, typically calfskin is more durable then lambskin. And the second Knot, besides being calfskin, has nice texture that will hide any scuffs etc. i prefer the aesthetics of this one as its basically TM’s Memory Knot, with the ‘updated’ Knot closure.
Thanks for all the info. I lean towards the updated memory knot too :smile:

I wanted to update that there is a new knot clutch with chain. I tried it recently in the boutique and have to say it is pass for me. A few reasons:

1. The “new” knots are already quite heavy, perhaps due to thicker leather? (I am comparing to the old memory knots as well as the plain leather ones). This latest version with chain is substantially heavier. The chan has leather woven through it.

2. The chain is quite long. I want to say it was longer than the old chain knot clutch. Or perhaps the chunky chain is making me feel this way. On my 5’2” height, I’d never be able to pull this one off.

3. Both the introductory colors were a little boring for my taste. And then there is the price, of course!

The chain is detachable, which may be the one positive for this model.

IMG_6818.jpeg

I wanted to update that there is a new knot clutch with chain. I tried it recently in the boutique and have to say it is pass for me. A few reasons:

1. The “new” knots are already quite heavy, perhaps due to thicker leather? (I am comparing to the old memory knots as well as the plain leather ones). This latest version with chain is substantially heavier. The chan has leather woven through it.

2. The chain is quite long. I want to say it was longer than the old chain knot clutch. Or perhaps the chunky chain is making me feel this way. On my 5’2” height, I’d never be able to pull this one off.

3. Both the introductory colors were a little boring for my taste. And then there is the price, of course!

The chain is detachable, which may be the one positive for this model.

View attachment 5893713
This is so pretty but it does look like, with strap removed, there'd be loops ruining the line. That is a hard pass for me.

Reactions: jbags07
I am not against updates and improvements in design etc, but in my humble opinion, the original Knots were perfection. Plus the idea of it is to carry as a clutch/handheld. These chains and rings are so busy looking and detract from the overall aesthetics of the bag. Satin and leather Knots are very beautiful, but what made the TM Knots pure art was all the different seasonal treatments.

I agree with you @Rose100 ……the clasp on the new piece is reminiscent of barbed wire :lol: In addition to preferring the original clasp design, i also much prefer the brunito hardware. I love Knots but won’t be purchasing any of these newer styles.

Reactions: QualityNClass
I am not against updates and improvements in design etc, but in my humble opinion, the original Knots were perfection. Plus the idea of it is to carry as a clutch/handheld. These chains and rings are so busy looking and detract from the overall aesthetics of the bag. Satin and leather Knots are very beautiful, but what made the TM Knots pure art was all the different seasonal treatments.

I agree with you @Rose100 ……the clasp on the new piece is reminiscent of barbed wire :lol: In addition to preferring the original clasp design, i also much prefer the brunito hardware. I love Knots but won’t be purchasing any of these newer styles.
Agree with you here but as the old saying goes: "If it's not broken don't fix it"
The Thomas Maier era of bags were extremely understated & quite chic, I'm a big fan of his
knots & truly glad that I have the collection that I do.. would not part with any of them & doubt
very much if we will see the likes of the uniqueness of design & workmanship again, JMO