The Knot 2.0 (Minaudiere)

Euclase

O.G.
Nov 3, 2011
Friends, now that there’s a new generation of Knot bags being issued under creative director Matthieu Blazy, I propose starting a new tread to help us stay organized between these and the Tomas Maier era Knots.
Also, and this is just me being pedantic, our TM-era Knot thread had “Clutch” in the title, but the plot thickens (!) because MB is now releasing Knot designs that aren’t clutch-carry! Here’s a photo from my shopping excursion last weekend at my local BV boutique.

8C27B2F7-38E8-4332-BB67-E8697F9BC07A.jpeg

I really like this new version. I still love the TM Knots too, but like how the design has been updated to probably fit most phones, and give it a modern twist. Both are instantly recognizable as the Knot, but easily distinguished between TM and MB era, which I like. I will not be an early adopter, but I am excited to see if MB introduces new colors and treatments to the Knot line. I have a feeling I will own one of his Knots eventually.

I like these new knots. I have the larger chain knot that was out around 2018 and it is great to be able to use it as either a clutch or over the shoulder. I probably don't need this new one though I will admire from afar. Is the hardware as big as it looks in the pic? I might hurt myself on that lol.

Reactions: jbags07 and Euclase
I like these new knots. I have the larger chain knot that was out around 2018 and it is great to be able to use it as either a clutch or over the shoulder. I probably don't need this new one though I will admire from afar. Is the hardware as big as it looks in the pic? I might hurt myself on that lol.
Yeah I have a chain knot too that I enjoy, and I’m personally not a fan of this hardware design iteration. I appreciate the aesthetic, but I’m just more of a traditionalist.

The price of luxury bag have always been too much :sad: I only bought full price once: my Fendi 2j which was my first bag from a fashion house and I didn't know better/about all the options (discount codes, outlet, tax free, private sales etc even before hitting the 2nd hand market)... I paid £870 for my silk chain knot as I just couldn't stomach the £2.5k price tag at the time so no way I will pay the current price for this one. Patience is key!

I have been eying the knot & am wondering if anyone can speak to the durability of the lambskin vs calfskin? The first one is lambskin for $3500 & the second is calfskin for $3800. Do you think they will eventually come out with a version with a thin shoulder length chain?IMG_6318.jpegIMG_6317.jpeg

Reactions: jbags07
I have been eying the knot & am wondering if anyone can speak to the durability of the lambskin vs calfskin? The first one is lambskin for $3500 & the second is calfskin for $3800. Do you think they will eventually come out with a version with a thin shoulder length chain?View attachment 5789239View attachment 5789242
I only have TM era Knots so i can’t comment on the quality level of these. But in terms of durability, typically calfskin is more durable then lambskin. And the second Knot, besides being calfskin, has nice texture that will hide any scuffs etc. i prefer the aesthetics of this one as its basically TM’s Memory Knot, with the ‘updated’ Knot closure.

Reactions: watermelonpop