"The Kid" Club! Who's a member?

Thanks for all the sweet comments girls but I was totally inspired by Lolamae's pics of her Plum Kid :smile: I love my Gold one and was going to get the it in black but her pic....completely changed my mind! If anyone is thinking about getting it...I say go for it! You won't regret it :smile:

I was originally looking to buy the regular elastic stam, but saw the plum at barneys...so tempted. Just afraid it might be too small? (hate to squeeze everything in). i always carry a water bottle in my purse... would love to hear your thoughts/experience...thanks!

Umm - I wouldn't want to put a water bottle in the Kid bag. Actually pretty sure it wouldn't easily fit in and out of opening.

I'm usually a "big bag" person with a Stella, or similar tote for my daily bag, which includes the date book, water, snacks, etc. - So I can totally relate to needing a water bottle.
But, I justified the Kid purchase because I wanted something much smaller as a sort of "evening bag" that I could at least get a wallet, phone and keys into. (and maybe that Kashi bar). Holds more than a typical evening clutch will hold, but if you got a mini bottle of water in there, there wouldn't be room for much more!

Umm - I wouldn't want to put a water bottle in the Kid bag. Actually pretty sure it wouldn't easily fit in and out of opening.

I'm usually a "big bag" person with a Stella, or similar tote for my daily bag, which includes the date book, water, snacks, etc. - So I can totally relate to needing a water bottle.
But, I justified the Kid purchase because I wanted something much smaller as a sort of "evening bag" that I could at least get a wallet, phone and keys into. (and maybe that Kashi bar). Holds more than a typical evening clutch will hold, but if you got a mini bottle of water in there, there wouldn't be room for much more!

hey thanks for the input- but good to know i can still fit a small snack :smile: I;m always on the go and need my 'supply' just in case...even if it's a dinner date. :smile: The plum looks cute. Too many great bags right now. I'm still teetering on getting a balenciaga too (but not in a rush for that as they never go on sale (at least the popular styles)...

I bought the black Kid during the Nordstrom's sale. I wasn't sure about my purchase, until the bag arrived. It is so beautiful. I didn't realize that it is a black patent. It is a gorgeous bag & I love it. Nordstroms has such a great return policy that I knew if I wasn't 100% happy I could return it. I always loved the small Stam, but like to carry handbags on my arm/wrist & this fits perfect.

Hi everyone,
I'm still fairly new to this forum but I ordered and received my MJ Kid in plum from the Nordies sale today. The color is absolutely beautiful. I was a little taken aback by exactly how small it is and am wondering if it's going to be practical for me to keep and use on a regular basis. Question for you Kid owners out there, do you find yourself using this bag regularly (not just for parties and special occassions) and do you find that it fits most everything you need? I'll have to think about it but might end up returning it. Oh what a dilemma! :confused1:

Hi everyone,
I'm still fairly new to this forum but I ordered and received my MJ Kid in plum from the Nordies sale today. The color is absolutely beautiful. I was a little taken aback by exactly how small it is and am wondering if it's going to be practical for me to keep and use on a regular basis. Question for you Kid owners out there, do you find yourself using this bag regularly (not just for parties and special occassions) and do you find that it fits most everything you need? I'll have to think about it but might end up returning it. Oh what a dilemma! :confused1:

I use mine mainly as an evening/fun bag. If you are looking for an everyday bag this might not be the best choice. Have you checked out the regular Stam, Venetia, Alyona or E/W Mixed Quilted Tote? They are much larger and could suit your needs better. Good luck!

Hi everyone,

I have the bigger version to this bag and just couldn't deal witht he kid, though it's so cute, i like to have lots of things i want on hand, i carry a pair of gucci sinnies, a mj zc a phone, a snack, water, papers/letters, coach makeup case, pens etc in my reg stam and wouldn't be able to fit that into a kid. I would get a reg stam fisrt and then maybe later get a kid in a fun color if you still want it. Good Luck!

Got my plum kid yesterday & I personally adore it! I'm a little annoyed Barneys did not send the accompanying dustbag & the tag was cut off & put inside the bag, but I'm in love with it. For me (who doesn't normally carry large bags) it's perfect. I like it without the chain strap as a handheld/arm bag for day use & with the chain for a more dressy or night time look. You will probably never fit a ZC in it just for reference-I have not tried, but I have a smaller MJ wallet that fits perfect along with my phone, dayplanner & other misc items.

Got my plum kid yesterday & I personally adore it! I'm a little annoyed Barneys did not send the accompanying dustbag & the tag was cut off & put inside the bag, but I'm in love with it. For me (who doesn't normally carry large bags) it's perfect. I like it without the chain strap as a handheld/arm bag for day use & with the chain for a more dressy or night time look. You will probably never fit a ZC in it just for reference-I have not tried, but I have a smaller MJ wallet that fits perfect along with my phone, dayplanner & other misc items.

Congrats and welcome to the club! :P You know, I do use my ZC with mine but I have to turn it sideways to get it in.....and it doesn't leave room for a whole lot more. But when I go out all I need is my wallet, lipgloss & keys...so it works for me. Enjoy!