The Kennedys

Wow, sad to hear.
Which town were they at?

Shady Side, MD. Its just outside of Annapolis

What makes an already sad story even worse is the family normally lived in a house on Capitol Hill in DC. They made a temporary move out of the city and in to her mother’s house to stay during the coronavirus outbreak because they thought they would have more room and it would be safer place to self-isolate. The house is located in a cove where they might have had some protection from being swept away if the wind hadn’t been so strong.

Reactions: limom
What makes an already sad story even worse is the family normally lived in a house on Capitol Hill in DC. They made a temporary move out of the city and in to her mother’s house to stay during the coronavirus outbreak because they thought they would have more room and it would be safer place to self-isolate. The house is located in a cove where they might have had some protection from being swept away if the wind hadn’t been so strong.
wow, sad
now if I recall correctly from the pics I saw yesterday, her husband will be left to raise a child (or two?) as a single dad - while mourning the loss of his wife and son

wow, sad
now if I recall correctly from the pics I saw yesterday, her husband will be left to raise a child (or two?) as a single dad - while mourning the loss of his wife and son

Yes, there is a daughter and a baby boy. I am not clear on whether the father was nearby when it happened or not. Somebody must have been around to know about the ball. The canoe was found yesterday miles away.

Reactions: limom and LemonDrop
I agree. When the daughter was lobotomized, that, unfortunately, was a solution used in the case of severe mental illness at the time. It certainly was not done for their convenience, and made the condition of the young woman much worse.
I think she was slow (as opposed to mentally ill). I don't know if the father's intentions were good or not but it didn't turn out well.

I agree. When the daughter was lobotomized, that, unfortunately, was a solution used in the case of severe mental illness at the time. It certainly was not done for their convenience, and made the condition of the young woman much worse.
I respectfully disagree. I do think it was done for convenience, if you know, or have read anything about Joseph Kennedy. He didn't even tell his wife the operation would be performed on her daughter.

Rosemary was having some seizures, but she could be educated in the proper school. She wasn't severely mentally handicapped or anything.

Joe wanted the perfect family image, so his son could run for president. The guy was loaded, he had the means to have her in the best care -- institution, or home. She had her lobotomy in her mid 20s. It became easier for him to shut her away and pretend she didn't exist. It was a huge family secret for ages.

Last edited:
Joe was a very rich man, due to his shadiness, and could afford institutions or private care for his 20-something daughter.

A lobotomy wasn't necessary, just something he wanted to do because she was an embarrassment to the perfect family image he wanted to project.
There was a book that came out about Rosemary Kennedy few years back. It was really horrendous but I believed she was taken cared of well by nuns where she was sent away. I think the title was Rosemary Kennedy. The Hidden Kennedy Daughter. Very interesting and heartbreaking.

I respectfully disagree. I do think it was done for connivence, if you know or have read anything about Joseph Kennedy. He didn't even tell his wife he was having it performed on her daughter.

Rosemary was having some seizures, but she could be educated in the proper school. She wasn't severely mentally handicapped or anything.

Joe wanted the perfect family image, so his son could run for president. The guy was loaded, he had the means to have her in the best care -- institution, or home. She had her lobotomy in her mid 20s. It became easier for him to shut her away and pretend she didn't exist. It was a huge family secret for ages.

All the articles I’ve read about Rosemary pointed out that Joe never saw her again once she was sent to her second institution, nor did he allow anyone in the family to know where she went or what happened to her. Rosemary’s mother and siblings didn’t visit her for 2 decades because of Joe. So I could believe the lobotomy was purely done as a last ditch effort to prevent Rosemary from embarrassing the family - as Joe was reportedly worried about Rosemary becoming a ticking time bomb.

I would not want to be in any mode of transportation with a Kennedy.

If she and her son were with Maeve's mother, then where is the husband and the other 2 kids? In NYC? Who saw the events that happened with the swimming after a ball? Or is it all just a conjecture? Did anyone really saw what happened?

Part of the reason why Rosemary was lobotomized was because she was quite beautiful and had issue was impulse control due to her disability.
Her douche bag and hypocritical father was afraid for her virtue.
Meanwhile, he was carrying on an affair with Gloria Swanson.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...-affair/177040b7-d53a-4365-a6e4-114db2046ce9/

Once again, an accident has occurred because the family can’t follow the rules. If the family had stay in DC, both mother and son will still be alive.
They will never learn. Idiots. The lot of them. IMHO.

Shady Side, MD. Its just outside of Annapolis
Thanks.

Reactions: WillstarveforLV
I would not want to be in any mode of transportation with a Kennedy.
When you put it that way, you do have a point!

Part of the reason why Rosemary was lobotomized was because she was quite beautiful and had issue was impulse control due to her disability.
Her douche bag and hypocritical father was afraid for her virtue.
Meanwhile, he was carrying on an affair with Gloria Swanson.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...-affair/177040b7-d53a-4365-a6e4-114db2046ce9/

Once again, an accident has occurred because the family can’t follow the rules. If the family had stay in DC, both mother and son will still be alive.
They will never learn. Idiots. The lot of them. IMHO.

Thanks.
Agree. Rosemary was very pretty and although I usually don't like to compare sisters and their looks, she most certainly was the more attractive one.