The Keep-it-all Club!!

Middle seat? I only ask because that space is usually larger. That might be incentive to take the middle seat next time I fly SWA :smile:

I took the middle seat on the way there and the window on the way back on Southwest. It fit just fine on both locations. I also took this keepall on a Spirit plane to Las Vegas...they are the worst airlines. The keep all was under their personal item dimensions and fit under the seat just fine. The 45 was perfect!

Reactions: MeepMeep67
Does anyone have thoughts on the Damier Graphite vs the Monogram Eclipse? I'm wondering which will wear better over time. I'm not really worried about resale value as I don't intend to sell. I'm leaning toward the DG but I've heard a little here and there that perhaps the Damier canvas wears faster? Is this just a myth? TIA!

We are looking at buying our first Keepall 55. The Damier Cobalt Jungle, surprisingly we just found one left in the store. My question is what is a safe weight to carry in the bag? We definitely woukd not want to damage it. So I am trying to get actual facts from users instead of letting my OCD freak out of what I think is too heavy. My husband wants to carry his camera equipment inside so roughly 30 pounds. He has an actual camera bag for when we get to the destination. This would be maybe 20 days per year from car to hotel room, etc, All items in padded bags as to not tear the canvas. Thanks in advance for any advice or knowledge you are willing to share.

Reactions: MooMooVT
We are looking at buying our first Keepall 55. The Damier Cobalt Jungle, surprisingly we just found one left in the store. My question is what is a safe weight to carry in the bag? We definitely woukd not want to damage it. So I am trying to get actual facts from users instead of letting my OCD freak out of what I think is too heavy. My husband wants to carry his camera equipment inside so roughly 30 pounds. He has an actual camera bag for when we get to the destination. This would be maybe 20 days per year from car to hotel room, etc, All items in padded bags as to not tear the canvas. Thanks in advance for any advice or knowledge you are willing to share.
30 pounds sound a little too much. I don't know the official recommendation like the one for the Neverfull (which must be able to handle 170 pounds). But when packed, the weight is not pulling the seams and the canvas only vertically, but at an angle. I fear that it might lead to damage.
And since the bag was originally designed to carry clothing and some travel accessories, I would also not think that 30 pounds is within its limits.

He need to consider a hard side bag for his camera equipment. :biggrin:

Hi everyone! Now I have read ALL of the pages in this thread and next week I'll finally buy my first Louis Vuitton bag! I have decided to buy a Keepall 50 bandoulier monogram canvas, and I will buy it on a trip to Rome, Italy. I do have some questions for you guys.

Do I need to call the LV store and book the bag in advance?

Is there any of you that have flew with Ryanair and have had your Keepall 50 as hand luggage? I'm a little bit worried that I will not get it on board and being forced to check it in...

I was also thinking about the bigger size 55, but I will mostly use it as a hand luggae when flying so I think that 50 is the best size for that. So much thinking, this will be my most expensive baggage purchase so far ;) Always wanted monogram but now suddenly Im in doubt :P

Sorry for my long post. I will show you my bag next week!

Reactions: MarvelGirl
Hi everyone! Now I have read ALL of the pages in this thread and next week I'll finally buy my first Louis Vuitton bag! I have decided to buy a Keepall 50 bandoulier monogram canvas, and I will buy it on a trip to Rome, Italy. I do have some questions for you guys.

Do I need to call the LV store and book the bag in advance?

Is there any of you that have flew with Ryanair and have had your Keepall 50 as hand luggage? I'm a little bit worried that I will not get it on board and being forced to check it in...

I was also thinking about the bigger size 55, but I will mostly use it as a hand luggae when flying so I think that 50 is the best size for that. So much thinking, this will be my most expensive baggage purchase so far ;) Always wanted monogram but now suddenly Im in doubt :P

Sorry for my long post. I will show you my bag next week!
Hi there! I am also always nervous to fly with my keepall. Mine is a 45 in damier graphite, so a little more under the radar. I haven’t understood, are you having second thoughts about the canvas? If you like monogram, but want something a little more discreet, take a look at the monogram eclipse. This would be my first choice.
As far as Ryanair is concerned: I NEVER fly with them for several reasons and one of them is the VERY limited on board space. So maybe the 50 will be too big? I know it’s so good to have the extra space, but if you are going to use it mainly as carry on in flights, I would suggest the 45. In any case, check VERY carefully Ryanair’s specifications for hand luggage.
Have fun with your keepall, it’s a beautiful piece!

If you start reading from the beginning, it's a bit tricky, because of the new requirements soon introduced.
https://www.ryanair.com/us/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Baggage#0-22

What you CAN bring on board

• All passengers are entitled to bring 1 small personal bag on board which must fit under the seat in front of you (35cm x 20cm x 20cm). Examples include, handbag, laptop bag and small back pack.
  • Passengers who have purchased "Priority & 2 Cabin Bags" or Plus/Flexi/Family ticket or connecting flight ticket can bring 1 additional 10kg bag on board which must fit into the baggage sizer (not exceeding 10kg and dimensions 55cm x 40cm x 20cm).
  • Passengers who choose not to purchase ”Priority & 2 Cabin Bags” and arrive at the gate with 2 bags, your second larger bag (10kg weight Dimensions: 55cm x 40cm x 20cm) will be taken off you, tagged and placed in the aircraft hold free of charge. Please ensure all valuables are removed. You will collect this bag at the baggage belt at your destination airport. (N.B. Remember to bring your passport with you if you need to go through passport control at your destination airport.)
It seems that you can board with your new keepall, but what's never been clear to me is whether there's a limit for the second luggages beyond which your bigger luggage (aka the keepall) will be stored in the hold (no way!)

Ask the boutique to have your tag heat printed with the Coliseum: mine will arrive this afternoon.
If you're going to buy a classic monogram they should have quite a supply, but you can also buy it online and pick it up at the store. But let the fate choose, maybe you'll find something you like more.