The joys of being a woman - not for the faint of heart {Vlad}

That was so funny I was laughing out loud. So sad I could just imagine the pain! Ouch! I keep thinking that I will try waxing, but the thought just make me squeemish and after reading that, i think that I stick with shaving.

While we are on the subject, have many of you tried laser hair remova? How well did it work? A friend of a friend opened a shop so it has me thinking about it, but it is really expensive!

Inky Paws said:
That was so funny I was laughing out loud. So sad I could just imagine the pain! Ouch! I keep thinking that I will try waxing, but the thought just make me squeemish and after reading that, i think that I stick with shaving.

While we are on the subject, have many of you tried laser hair remova? How well did it work? A friend of a friend opened a shop so it has me thinking about it, but it is really expensive!

As I said in my previous post, I think laser is the best thing ever for women. I had my underarm and bikini lines done about 7 years ago. I used to be so hairy in my underarm area. People said it doesn't work, I guess because they don't have patience, it doesn't just take a couple of sessions, and it depends on your hairiness. It's expensive, but it's worth it. Do your research before signing up to it and I think the clinics that charge by minutes are the most fair.

Thaks KK, It's good to know that it does work and that you had it done several years ago. The place I'm looking at either does it by session (they siad about 3 - 4 visits) or you pay a flat rate and they will keep doing it until the hair is all gone. The only problem is they say that the laser doesn not see or can not do blonde hair. Most of may hair has gotten dark, but there are still blonde ones. I love to never have to mess with my bikini area ever agian not to mentin underarm or legs. wow that would be awesome!

Ok I thought that was you too... and I was like wow, great writing style and what an odd story!!!!

I think Vlad can handle it... he does have to put up with me afterall!

Inky Paws said:
Thaks KK, It's good to know that it does work and that you had it done several years ago. The place I'm looking at either does it by session (they siad about 3 - 4 visits) or you pay a flat rate and they will keep doing it until the hair is all gone. The only problem is they say that the laser doesn not see or can not do blonde hair. Most of may hair has gotten dark, but there are still blonde ones. I love to never have to mess with my bikini area ever agian not to mentin underarm or legs. wow that would be awesome!

That's why I think charging by minutes is the fairest deal like mine did. Because it depends on each person's hair on how many sessions you need and how long each session is. I did hear about the darker the hair the more effective it is. But they normal scan the laser to the area so it will have contact with all hair anyway...hmmm. Why don't you just have a patch test first?
Only if any women out there would listen to me, it's really the best that can happen to us. I can imagine have stubbs under my arm and the itchiness when it starts growing back out. I had the same experience as the story, only I didn't know how to get rid of the wax under my arms and there wasn't cream in the pack to help you getting rid of excess wax. And I was in a rush to go to my summer job, so I just left it there the whole day with sweat and pain because of the cuts/raw skin from pulling, major irritation needless to say. And then I moved on to Braun's Silkepil which pulls your hair out (an epilator). In its instruction clearly says not to use in delicate areas like bikini lines and underarm (the old model), well I did because I was desparate. My various female relatives and friends borrowed it and couldn't believe how I could put up with the pain, again desparate. I know since then silkepil has been improved but mine was the first generation. I was not hairy anywhere else but underarm was...incredible and they grew back the next day. Sorry for babbling. Just want to share my experience and hopefully convince someone to laser out their...hmmm...problem.

That story just made my night. Hahahaha - oh man.

I went and had a Brazilian wax recently, and I'd forgotten exactly how much it hurts. I was prepared for pain, but I hadn't done it in about a year, and I guess I had blocked the last occasion out of my mind. MY GOD is it ever awful.