The JADE thread!

@ivorydolly ooh I haven’t heard of the yoghurt container method and now got curious. Might google it hehe!
I tried on those few bangles in Hong Kong. They do have more selections there vs Bangkok, in various price points and qualities. I was so happy simply looking at those beauties!

With Myanmar being way closer to Thailand than HK, I tend to think it would be better to buy in Thailand price-wise. But I read somewhere that more raw materials and bangles are shipped to HK and/or China vs Thailand. Presumably because that’s where the market is. I wish to visit Myanmar someday and get a bangle done from scratch. That will be great!

Reactions: ivorydolly
@ivorydolly ooh I haven’t heard of the yoghurt container method and now got curious. Might google it hehe!
I tried on those few bangles in Hong Kong. They do have more selections there vs Bangkok, in various price points and qualities. I was so happy simply looking at those beauties!

With Myanmar being way closer to Thailand than HK, I tend to think it would be better to buy in Thailand price-wise. But I read somewhere that more raw materials and bangles are shipped to HK and/or China vs Thailand. Presumably because that’s where the market is. I wish to visit Myanmar someday and get a bangle done from scratch. That will be great!
I read it in some online forum (can't remember which one tho). You draw and cut according to the bangle measurements and see if your hand fits.

For now, my only option is online shopping. I now have 4 bangles (3 that are wearable, one broken). Still on the lookout for more beauties haha. Glad you got to experience jade hunting overseas.. would have been so much fun!

Reactions: pureplatinum
Hi. Need some help from the experts here.

I will be gifted a wuji bangle by someone (she is buying one from her vacation and will get me one too. She says it is good for me :biggrin:). I have little knowledge on jade nor wuji (I just collect some info from googling).

What is wuji supposed to do and what is considered a “good” wuji jade? Are they supposed to be very dark colour?

I worn a jade bangle two decades ago but after wearing for about 3-4years it broke and I’ve never worn one since.

Reactions: pureplatinum
Thanks so much @ivorydolly :heart: This hinged bangle rounds up my collection (for now lol) with the exception of a carved one. I’m in no rush to get one though and content to admire what carved bangles fellow jade lovers have including yours. The green jade and gold is a present from my hubby from awhile back from one of his trips. I haven’t worn it for quite some time and glad to have “resurrected” it.

I am looking forward to seeing your new additions and mod shots too, if you so decide to share mod shots of the pieces, that is. :smile:

Ok, I will share @pureplatinum :smile:

I just received this pendant today. It is the perfect match for my bi coloured bangle. I bought these from two different vendors and at first glance you would assume they were carved from the same stone. I'm attracted to the 'yin yang' energy of these jadeite pieces.

Still looking for the right bail attachment for the pendant since i'm not fond of the rope style necklace.

IMG_20230605_100857_HDR.jpg

Do you ladies prefer oval jade bangle? My wrist is rather flat so I am thinking of making one which is oval. I’m recommended a seller and she has shown me few jade slabs where I can choose one to cut and customise. But trying to make a date to meet up and try various sizings.

Do you ladies prefer oval jade bangle? My wrist is rather flat so I am thinking of making one which is oval. I’m recommended a seller and she has shown me few jade slabs where I can choose one to cut and customise. But trying to make a date to meet up and try various sizings.
That's so cool getting to customise an bangle and choosing a slab! Let us know how the whole process goes.

I heard that ovals stay put on your wrist so would probably be a good option if there's a colour streak or a carving that looks best face up.

If you like to stack then I would choose round because they look better together (easier to co-ordinate as there are more rounds on the market).

Reactions: raptorgrin
That's so cool getting to customise an bangle and choosing a slab! Let us know how the whole process goes.

I heard that ovals stay put on your wrist so would probably be a good option if there's a colour streak or a carving that looks best face up.

If you like to stack then I would choose round because they look better together (easier to co-ordinate as there are more rounds on the market).
Thank you for your kind advice. I’m taking down notes.

I used to wear a round jade bangle too (looong time ago) but ever since past couple of years I’ve been wearing gold bangles in oval, I thought oval fits nicer on me. I probably won’t stack but let’s see (need to try out round and oval jade to see for myself).

As much as this seller is highly recommended, should I just be asking if the jade is untreated plus grade A? Is there anything else I should ask? Tq.

And I’m eyeing on something like this of her bangles. But not sure at this point if she can find a similar slab to customise an oval.
IMG_0061.jpeg
IMG_0062.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: AJadecent Angle