The JADE thread!

The bangle box from Etsy finally arrived! But after putting all the bangles (and beads) in, I feel a bit uncertain....as the bangles are touching each other in the box. Not sure if it may cause damage? Wonder any of you expericne

but it’s such a good way to lay things out and clear what I can choose from. How do u keep your bangles?

View attachment 4930679

View attachment 4930680
I got a velvet bracelet bag from amazon. It comes with a cylinder velvet pillow inside, so the bangles stay firmly held and don't clink

Merry Christmas everyone!
View attachment 4937868

Your green bracelet looks just divine!The lavender carving reminds me to look forward to spring when I can start gardening again.

Happy Holidays everyone! Thank you for sharing pictures of your beautiful jadeite jewelry, your valuable info and advice, and for making this such as great community! Stay safe and healthy!

Hello everybody!:flowers:First time posting here, sorry if I don’t know the rules...
I’ve been trying to get a good quality jade bangle or beaded bracelet. I’m interested in jade’s qI gong properties. Some of tpfers have amazing jewels and I’m sure they know a lot about their stuff. I don’t. That’s why I’m here. Please point me to online resources for establishing jade’s origins and authenticity, also to UK/Europe based honest retailers? In the mean time, please take a look at what I got for Christmas. It’s just a very casual pendant but I don’t even know if it’s real jade stone. Help? :hrmm:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: AJadecent Angle
Hello everybody!:flowers:First time posting here, sorry if I don’t know the rules...
I’ve been trying to get a good quality jade bangle or beaded bracelet. I’m interested in jade’s qI gong properties. Some of tpfers have amazing jewels and I’m sure they know a lot about their stuff. I don’t. That’s why I’m here. Please point me to online resources for establishing jade’s origins and authenticity, also to UK/Europe based honest retailers? In the mean time, please take a look at what I got for Christmas. It’s just a very casual pendant but I don’t even know if it’s real jade stone. Help? :hrmm:
View attachment 4938983
View attachment 4938984

Hi!! Nice to see you here! :biggrin: Sorry, I don't know if it's real or not. I don't think I've seen a piece like it before.

As for jade's good properties, I'm Chinese so I've always believed but never developed an interest in it until last year when somehow something just clicked inside my brain haha

I think in my earlier days, I remember studying some information on this website https://www.mays.com.au/blogs/guides. I've somehow known about Type A jadeite being the only jadeite we should ever consider buying as other types ie Types B, C and D, due to treatments and colourings, do not last and are brittle because the treatment has ruined them structurally.

I started off buying jadeite pieces by studying this forum and The Reputable Jade Sellers List https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/the-reputable-jade-sellers-list.884042/. By seeing which sellers' names came up the most in a favourable way and seeing others' pieces and finding out / asking where they came from, I started buying online.

The most useful starting point is to know your size for the bangle. Then you can start looking for what fits you. This chart worked for me for buying round D-shaped bangles https://i.etsystatic.com/icm/428350....201542854_du6f0nhepy8gog0k84wg.jpg?version=0

If you would like a slightly larger fit so that you can change bangles quite frequently, just buy something 1-2 mm bigger than what the above chart shows. That's what I do.

I don't know of any sellers in UK / Europe but the sellers I buy from here in Asia all do international deliveries and that is what I rely on too, since these sellers are not based in my home country of Malaysia. My first bangle came from AAA Jadeshop on Etsy (based in Australia, delivers via normal post), quickly followed by Ultimate Jadeite or UJ on Etsy (based in Singapore with free DHL delivery) and then Mats Alice on eBay (based in the US; she doesn't deliver to Malaysia but she is ok with me sending my items to my US freight forwarder, LOL). I then also discovered JadeiteRoom on Etsy (based in HK with free normal postage).

I have actually bought a few bangles each from these sellers and my favourites from those listed above are Mats Alice (quality, range of products, responsive, pricing) and UJ (responsive, quality, good disclosure and a lot of bangles to choose from).

My most recent bangles, however, have come from different sellers. Of late, I have been loving products from Li-Hong Jade in Singapore (I communicate with them via IG but they recently set up a website and they have FedEx delivery) and Yok Dee Jadeite on Etsy or her website (free DHL). In addition to bangles, I have also bought other items such as pendants and rings from them. I have also customised quite a few items with Yok Dee. I am really into lavender coloured bangles and the recent bangles I bought from Li-Hong and Yok Dee are lavender or lavender and green bangles.

Having said that, I also have a lavender bangle from JadeiteRoom and a mixed lavender and green one from Mats Alice but somehow the feeling from the bangles from Li-Hong and Yok Dee is better.

Just bought my first bangle from JadeiteRoom. I'm not savvy at all when comes to buying jade and perhaps I even overpaid but you live and you learn, right? Most important to me is that it’s grade A...I’m now planning to explore other venues too. What do you ladies think about buying pre-loved jade bangles? Do you believe they might be charged with someone else’s energy, is it a bad idea to get pre-loved? I’m very curious to hear your opinions.

Reactions: AJadecent Angle
Just bought my first bangle from JadeiteRoom. I'm not savvy at all when comes to buying jade and perhaps I even overpaid but you live and you learn, right? Most important to me is that it’s grade A...I’m now planning to explore other venues too. What do you ladies think about buying pre-loved jade bangles? Do you believe they might be charged with someone else’s energy, is it a bad idea to get pre-loved? I’m very curious to hear your opinions.
I feel like it depends if you believe that owning a pre-loved jade piece would bring bad luck or not, personally I can't get myself to believe it even when it's just a tad cheaper for whatever reason (possible chipping or cracking from banging on it, or natural stonelines)
Now I do agree that it's better to overpay (abit) for a Grade A Jade, but of course don't overpay for a natural piece if you don't think the quality of the jade doesn't match the price. There are people who did buy from JadeiteRoom that saw her raise the price based on # of favorites a piece has, so do be careful of that.
Also there's always a chance that the seller would allow some bargaining/ haggling if you disagree with their prices so it doesn't hurt to try.

Reactions: Deleted 698298
Congratulations! Feel free to share pictures when you get it.

I feel like it depends if you believe that owning a pre-loved jade piece would bring bad luck or not, personally I can't get myself to believe it even when it's just a tad cheaper for whatever reason (possible chipping or cracking from banging on it, or natural stonelines)
Now I do agree that it's better to overpay (abit) for a Grade A Jade, but of course don't overpay for a natural piece if you don't think the quality of the jade doesn't match the price. There are people who did buy from JadeiteRoom that saw her raise the price based on # of favorites a piece has, so do be careful of that.
Also there's always a chance that the seller would allow some bargaining/ haggling if you disagree with their prices so it doesn't hurt to try.
I wonder if you can 'cleanse' pre-loved jadeite like you would for other stones?

My permanent bangle was preloved and kept in a safety deposit box for 20 years before coming to me. I love the comfort fit of the vintage bangles and prefer them over the new ones. There are many ways to cleanse them of past energies. I like to put mine in warm water and salt and leave them in the sunlight or moonlight for an hour or so. I also add a bit of olive oil to gloss them up.