The JADE thread!

MollyO, what a story! It made me smile. The bangle was meant for you.

Thanks, CR. ikr, I almost bought it myself even though it is nowhere near fitting me! I hope it ended up with the right person for it. I have been looking for a dendrite bangle like this for some time but keep only finding smaller ones :sad:

Beadweaver, wow glacial beauty, that bangle. I love the deep, mysterious blues. Does it have a name?
I know, I got lucky I could squeeze them on. They won’t be coming off for a bit, I hope the jangling doesn’t drive my hubby crazy at night lol. The one for you will come along, I firmly believe that. (And I’m looking for one for you too ;) )

I DO have cracks in a bangle that I’ve been trying to get repaired! I have called, emailed and sent photos to Churk but have gotten nowhere as far as getting an actual estimate for the work (very simple, plain gold bands). Yes, they have replied at times, but haven’t given me any idea about the cost. It makes me reluctant to send the bangle in, but I don’t have anyone here who is experienced with this type of repair and I think he would do a beautiful job. Anyone else have a similar experience?

It will cost around $45 to put sterling silver clasp with 1 silver band (when the bangle is broken in 3 pieces). I got this price based on his website (not his Etsy store).

Reactions: LunaDoo
Yes my friend! That’s exactly why I’m hesitating. I think I will wait until I actually have a crack on a bangle I wear often. The bangle I’ve been wearing with my metal bangles has a ton of stone lines, but I’m guessing they are all healed because it has a beautiful chime. But they really look like serious cracks.
CR, if you add a band or two to this bangle with good chime, you may risk losing the chime. It always happens when I glue a band on my cracked bangle. If you hold your bangle real tight with fingers or your palm, that high chime will disappear when you knock it against a spoon or an agate piece.

Reactions: Cyanide Rose
My forever bangle, custom made by Allan Spehar. Guatemalan blue. I'm in love! Also, hi everyone! Been following this thread for years, finally figured out how to join. View attachment 4492442
Welcome DrBoBo! Love this bangle. It fits you so well. I have been wondering about his square designs and how comfortable they are to wear. Hope you will more pics as you keep wearing it :smile:

Welcome DrBoBo! Love this bangle. It fits you so well. I have been wondering about his square designs and how comfortable they are to wear. Hope you will more pics as you keep wearing it :smile:
I also have a square black Wyoming Edwards nephrite from him. They are both super comfy (I tend to sleep with them once I get them on). This one is heavier and chunkier, but I don't even notice it anymore. He rounds the inner edges, so they are both very easy to wear. I will post a pic of my collection once I get home to San Francisco (in Toronto for a bit). I highly recommend him as an artist, I figure his pieces will only appreciate over time as they are so unique and the stones are such great quality. :smile:

My blue changes depending on light conditionsView attachment 4493037 . Seems almost turquoise with the setting sun shining in the window.

Gorgeous blue
By the way I’m in Toronto too ( Markham) Hope you are enjoying my city:smile:
If you look around you’ll see jade being worn. Have you had the chance to go jade shopping? How does it compare to San Francisco?

Reactions: DrBoBo