The "Is That Real?" Club

I think the girls at work know better than to ask about my Mono Speedy, however, I am pretty sure they talk about it behind my back. At least they know what a real one looks like now, LOL!

I always have this one girl ask me if my bags are real and she just gives me weird snotty looks. I get along with her, but everytime she talks about my bags, I get negative vibes from her. I NEVER talk about my bags in other peoples faces, and I never talk about LV, unless they talk to me about it 1st. I'm not that kind of person. I complemented her on this cordoroy type of bag she had, and she took my comment offensive like I was comparing her $20 dollar bag to my thousand dollar ones. I just said that her bag was cute. Oh well though. I too am sure they talk behind my back as well, because that girls friend told me that she heard I buy all my LV's off of ebay. When I told her that I didn't, she shut up, and said that she must have overheard the wrong conversation. All of this over MY LV bags?? WOW! One of my other co-workers told her in my presence that I buy my bags right off of Eluxury and she didn't know what that was, nor that Louis Vuitton owns a shopping website. She then started a conversation with me asking me if I can tell a real from a fake because she wants to buy a used LV off of Ebay, and I told her to give me the auction # of anything she likes and that I'll let her know if it's real or not. I'm not about drama, it comes to me!

Reactions: APhiJill
my husband I were at the super market buying food when a lady that I did not know started following us. I got kind of nerve because because we had just come from the bank and we had a lot of money on us. I had my mono speedy in the cart and some food. Anyway this woman follow us up and down three rows. I noticed that each time she passed us she would like in the cart. My husband said to me relax she's checking out " Mr. Louis" that what he calls my bag so I just laugh. When we got up to the check out stand to paid this woman got behind us. She started to talk with my husband and I about the price of food and gas. Suddenly she said the unthinkable girl friend your bag is a Fake!!! I was speechless everyone in the area stop to look at my bag even the cashier and bagboy. Leave it to my husband to set her straight. He said lady I took my a$$ down to the South Coast plaza and got that Mono Louis Vuitton 30 for $688.05 for my wife.
I know da*m well they don't sell no fakes. The look on her face was priceless, we laughted all the way home.

Reactions: APhiJill
I was asked ITR during a family crisis by an adjunct family member.
VERY INAPPROPRIATRE time by the way,
I was carrying my LV large backpack - it held alot of stuff (needed for the crisis).
Then I get the ITR stupid question.

"....other than that how did you enjoy the play Mrs. Lincoln?"

not exactly ITR, but more concern from my Dad.

I had just purchased the ManhattanGM, and a big purchase for me $1900. My Dad was concerned about authticity.
With a concerned face he said..."how do you know it's real?
Then I told him it HAD to be - I bought it at the boutique.
Dad's worry.

my husband I were at the super market buying food when a lady that I did not know started following us. I got kind of nerve because because we had just come from the bank and we had a lot of money on us. I had my mono speedy in the cart and some food. Anyway this woman follow us up and down three rows. I noticed that each time she passed us she would like in the cart. My husband said to me relax she's checking out " Mr. Louis" that what he calls my bag so I just laugh. When we got up to the check out stand to paid this woman got behind us. She started to talk with my husband and I about the price of food and gas. Suddenly she said the unthinkable girl friend your bag is a Fake!!! I was speechless everyone in the area stop to look at my bag even the cashier and bagboy. Leave it to my husband to set her straight. He said lady I took my a$$ down to the South Coast plaza and got that Mono Louis Vuitton 30 for $688.05 for my wife.
I know da*m well they don't sell no fakes. The look on her face was priceless, we laughted all the way home.

How can anybody have the audacity to do that?! What a cheeky woman!

I was at my friend's house once and her sister asked if my MC Alma was real...I didn't even get a chance to answer because my friend quickly said something like "Of course it's real! She'd never buy a fake" :lol:

When I got back home with my porte monnaie plat gift wrapped in a box, with ribbon and the brown bag, I'm handing the "porte monnaie" to my sister and she goes : "is it a real one ?":confused1:
I guess it's more that she couldn't believe her arty style sis' would ever go to LV !!!

Hi. I've never been asked the question, "Is it real?" since all of my friends, family, and co-workers know what a fanatic I am about LV. But, on the flip side, whenever I see a fake LV, I get mad!! I was in an LV store once when I saw a young girl and her mom walk in carrying a fake LV! What nerve!!! I do wonder once in a while if other people think that I'm carrying a fake.... but I walk with confidence knowing that I do have the real thing!!! Not to mention that my regular SA can vouch for me!!!

dont they kick you out for having a fake? or is that just rumor?

I was at my friend's house once and her sister asked if my MC Alma was real...I didn't even get a chance to answer because my friend quickly said something like "Of course it's real! She'd never buy a fake" :lol:

gotta love your friends. i get that with my inclusion ring, because when people ask where i got it, i say lv, and they ask if its real...
then my friend tells them the story of how i hate fakes and how i go up to people that have fakes and tell them. (only people i dont like in the first place though...) and then people believe me.

I was wearing my beanie at the mall 3 weeks ago at some clothing store... I was ready to pay and the cashier tells me "Oh... I can get you over here, Sir..." he proceeds to ask "Where did you get your beanie from?" I replied "At Louis Vuitton." and gave him a stupid look. I didn't wanna seem stuck up or anything... but ugh... some people annoy me. :hysteric:

i got my first ITR strike back when the panda line was only sold in JP. this lady had the nerve to come up to me @ S5A and 'educate' me how i should not carry fakes and the 'little temp. taoo or heat transfer thing is a dead give away for fake, LV will never put that ugly thing on it's bag....." My reactions were:wtf: :cursing: :shocked: :mad: :censor: :devil: :noggin: *gasp* "Of course i didn't get this from here, b/c it's sold in LV's flagship store in JP!"....all the SAs in Chanel looked at her w/horrir, the faces they had sure made that woman realized there are LE in LV......

the second ITR just happened a week ago when i was out w/gold miroir pap for X-mas shopping, so many SAs says how 'unique' the pap is....w/"IS that real LV!?" knot between their eye brows....grrr, and the min they saw the ads(where have they been!?), they will realized how they missed the chance to have a good look at it while i was in the store!

It has happened to me once at Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris. I was buying a Roissybus ticket and the cashier, a very old man, asked me if my large mono noé was a real Louis Vuitton. It was a few years ago so I don't remember how I reacted but I guess I was so surprised that I was pretty much speachless...

i was out with my mono pochette and my friend asked if that was a "real LV" and i'm like then she asked how much & at the time it was only like 217 or something like that and then shes like thats not bad!

and then i was out with my mini denim pleaty and the same friend was like oh that's cute it's real?? i'm like yea and thank god she didnt ask how much that one was! hahaha

i was really insulted when this guy i was seeing saw my louis and was like that's fake right?? i'm like no this is real i bought it in the LV boutique!! and hes like well i dont know i know people sell fake ones around here and i'm like well i dont!!