Tech The iPhone 7

IPhone 8 delayed until just before the holidays, report says

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/17/iphone-8-delayed-until-just-before-the-holidays-report-says.html

• The iPhone 8 isn't expected to be available until November or December due to production delays, according to a new report.
  • Several analysts have said the iPhone 8 will be delayed.
  • Apple is expected to launch two other phones, the iPhone 7s and iPhone 7s Plus, in September.
The upcoming Apple iPhone 8 won't be available to purchase until November or December, according to a report published on Monday.

The news echoes most of what Wall Street has been expecting: That the iPhone 8 won't launch in September, when new models are traditionally unveiled. Several Wall Street firms have pointed to delays, though most believe the iPhone 8 will launch by November.

Economic Daily News, a Chinese newspaper cited by DigiTimes on Monday, is the first to suggest the iPhone 8 may be delayed until December right before the holidays, with only "small volumes" of production expected at first.

The iPhone 8 is rumored to be the most-high end of Apple's next iPhones with an OLED display that takes up the entire front of the phone and new features such as a 3-D face scanner. Reports have suggested Apple has struggled with 3-D sensors and embedding a fingerprint reader into the display, leading to the delays.

Apple typically unveils its new iPhones in September, and that's expected to continue this year with the iPhone 7s and iPhone 7s Plus. The iPhone 8 is expected to be much more expensive, with reports saying it will start at $1,200, nearly twice the cost of the current iPhone7 models.

Apple did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Question for you iphone 7 owners. I am not big on upgrading to the latest and greatest phones, and had no choice but to upgrade my iphone 5S (died) to the iphone7 (could not weight for the 8 like I wanted to do).

Besides the camera, I see no difference in the 7 from the 5S. Am I missing something? I have no plans on saving my credit cards on this phone, so what features are on the 7, that weren't on the 5S?

I am pissed I have to buy a separate adapter to listen to music and charge my phone at the same time. So stupid :annoyed::cursing:.

Also, I noticed last night, this phone gets extremely hot when charging/backing-up to my computer; is that normal?